Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Am I the only person who rather see another actor play Black Adam? The Rock is a true movie star and one of the biggest names in Hollywood right now but he's not that good of an actor IMO and I'd like to see someone with some gravitas is the role.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Am I the only person who rather see another actor play Black Adam? The Rock is a true movie star and one of the biggest names in Hollywood right now but he's not that good of an actor IMO and I'd like to see someone with some gravitas is the role.
    I disagree I think the Rock gets better with each role and is better then most. His problem is he rarely challenges himself. So we don't get to see his range much. That's why people loved him in Jumanji and Central intelligence,he was branching out and doing something different then his usual tough guy act. I think The Rock is gonna surprise some people as black adam.

Going by the track record of both studios, I think it’s obvious Captain Marvel will be the bigger movie here. But I’m still hoping that Shazam can surprise me.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

BANNED

No, you are not.
    I mean, the guy looks exactly like most modern depictions of the character, but I feel he's just completely the wrong guy for the part in every other way.

Incredible Member

Shazams going to be more of a kids film, which i think could be a brilliant move for dc.

Im hoping it will do well enough for a spate for children's movies from dc. Burnside batgirl. Gemworld. Metal men....

So on top of Coulson and Fury coming back for this. Ronan the Accuser and Korath are back as well. James Gunn biggest regret from then first film was how little character he Gave Ronan so I hope Ronan gets fleshed out here. Maybe we get more comic accurate Ronan instead of insane kill everyone because my daddy dead Ronan.

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/captain...192038822.html

So Ben Mindelson is the question mark. Im.guessing Supreme intelligence or a Skrull leader..... or Ronan Sr.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 03-26-2018 at 02:48 PM.

What are your super-early for domestic and global grosses for each film?

My first crack at this, using best case scenarios to start:

CAPTAIN MARVEL sells the same number of tickets, both in the US and across the globe as WONDER WOMAN did, but for different reasons: CM will be carried by the unstoppable Marvel Cinematic Universe, where WW carried the much - maligned DCEU.

SHAZAM! sells as many tickets as THOR 1 did in 2011, both in domestic sales and global box office. Unless Dwayne the Rock Johnson shows up. Then we may be talking IRON MAN 3 money.

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post

CAPTAIN MARVEL sells the same number of tickets, both in the US and across the globe as WONDER WOMAN did, but for different reasons: CM will be carried by the unstoppable Marvel Cinematic Universe, where WW carried the much - maligned DCEU.

SHAZAM! sells as many tickets as THOR 1 did in 2011, both in domestic sales and global box office. Unless Dwayne the Rock Johnson shows up. Then we may be talking IRON MAN 3 money.
    Kinda highballing CM it's going to do good but I can't see it doing WONDER WOMAN good maybe Ant-Man numbers.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I can see Captain Marvel exceeding Wonder Woman's numbers. It likely won't be as celebrated as Wonder Woman though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I can see Captain Marvel exceeding Wonder Woman's numbers. It likely won't be as celebrated as Wonder Woman though.
    I do wonder what Wonder Woman's numbers would have been like without the spectre of the rest of the DCEU looming over the movie.

I would have prefered Rock to be Shazam personally. He had the size, look and the sense of humour to be the perfect Captain Marvel. They could have even make the character from Cairo instead of being another WASP like Superman.

Hold on, JUDE LAW is playing Mar-Vell in CAPTAIN MARVEL???

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/DY_jXsWVQAENZrA?format=jpg

Oh ... kay?

I mean, I'm not that familiar with Marvel 's Mar-Vell, but "Jude Law" doesn't spring to mind.

What do others think at this point?
    That's pretty terrible and really a disrespect to the character yet again. They should have gone with guys that could portray better a badass alien military guy like Luke Bracey or Travis Fimmel from Vikings. They did the same thing when casting Ronan, instead going for a badass dude, they went for freakin soft Brit Lee Pace. I don't see the point.
    Last edited by Da Boat; 03-28-2018 at 12:42 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Da Boat View Post
    I would have prefered Rock to be Shazam personally. He had the size, look and the sense of humour to be the perfect Captain Marvel. They could have even make the character from Cairo instead of being another WASP like Superman.

That's pretty terrible and really a disrespect to the character yet again. They should have gone with guys that could portray better a badass alien military guy like Luke Bracey or Travis Fimmel from Vikings.
    not if they're going with Ultimate Mar-Vell, who was a much more interesting character.

Quote Originally Posted by Da Boat View Post

That's pretty terrible and really a disrespect to the character yet again. They should have gone with guys that could portray better a badass alien military guy like Luke Bracey or Travis Fimmel from Vikings. They did the same thing when casting Ronan, instead going for a badass dude, they went for freakin soft Brit Lee Pace. I don't see the point.
    Travis Finmel has the eyes of a Tweaker and Vikings is the only thing I've seen him in where hes good. He was the main character in Warcraft and i don't even know what his name was. I just called him Ragnar in armor. Travis looks like he just snort3d an 8ball at all times. He's not Suave enough for Mar-vell. I'll conceede I've never seen Jude law play and convincing bad was but doesn't mean he can't. he's a solid actor.

You also getting more Lee Pace Ronan. Which him not being bad ass wasn't the problem. Gunn admits to giving the character no time or development and him basically being an after thought. Lee looked a little slim but still a big guy and had a nice intimidating voice. Hopefuly his dad's alive here and he's not all whiney. That was the problem he was whiney like a child, Thanos even called him out on it.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 03-28-2018 at 02:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Travis Finmel has the eyes of a Tweaker and Vikings is the only thing I've seen him in where hes good. He was the main character in Warcraft and i don't even know what his name was. I just called him Ragnar in armor. Travis looks like he just snort3d an 8ball at all times. He's not Suave enough for Mar-vell. I'll conceede I've never seen Jude law play and convincing bad was but doesn't mean he can't. he's a solid actor.

You also getting more Lee Pace Ronan. Which him not being bad ass wasn't the problem. Gunn admits to giving the character no time or development and him basically being an after thought. Lee looked a little slim but still a big guy and had a nice intimidating voice. Hopefuly his dad's alive here and he's not all whiney. That was the problem he was whiney like a child, Thanos even called him out on it.
    But the thing with Finnel is that he is really ready to be a leading man in a Top flick, he is very charismatic and he can also be pretty badass. And I want the guy to play Captain Mar-Vell to be the very best. I like Jude Law but he lacks the manliness to be in these type of movies. I remember watching World of Tomorrow with him and the biggest problem with the movie I felt was him. It was a retro-futuristic movie with two leads in a man and a woman busting balls with one another like in a classic caper and it would have required a Clark Gable/Harrison Ford-type in the Law part but because of his lack of machismo, he came off as bitchy and it threw the movie off.

As far as Warcraft, the whole movie was just terrible.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I do wonder what Wonder Woman's numbers would have been like without the spectre of the rest of the DCEU looming over the movie.
    I think Wonder Woman would have had a stronger opening weekend if the DC movies before it didn't suck.