Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    You mean what if Ike Perlmutter hadn't forcefully kicked out of Marvel Studios?

Audiences are not fond of bait and switch marketing.
    It's not bait and switch, done right like anything can be an organic transition. Most of the characters are gonna be replaced at one point or another.

Our fiction is a very important part of our reality.
    If that's the case I would think if super-hero existed, they would not look like Paulie Shore. Mar-Vell is a military man with a nobility about him the result coming across like a space knight.
    Last edited by Da Boat; 03-29-2018 at 12:17 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Da Boat View Post
    If that's the case I would think if super-hero existed, they would not look like Paulie Shore.
    He's a Kree superspy who has been surgically altered to fit in as a human. They're not going to turn him into somebody that stands out, looks like a superhero.

Quote Originally Posted by Da Boat View Post
    I get what you are saying but you at least you should have someone with some testosterone. Captain Mar-vell is pretty similar to the Chris Evans Cap in a way. You wouldn't have Evans go one-on-one against Statham that is cause there is a grace to him but he can dish it out. I also see Mar-Vell similar to Christopher Reeve's interpretation of Superman. Or Robert Redford in his heydays.
    I think you see Jude Law as way more feminine then I do.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Considering how poor DC's movies are and how great Marvel's are, I'm pretty sure Captain Marvel will be ten times better than Shazam.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Considering how poor DC's movies are and how great Marvel's are, I'm pretty sure Captain Marvel will be ten times better than Shazam.
    Or at least the critics will think so. Whether that has anything to do with reality or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Or at least the critics will think so. Whether that has anything to do with reality or not.
    I agree 100% with this.

I think if I was MCU, I would put Carol in the new Avengers movie somewhere and have her do something significant so she gets a push (maybe they are). What do I know though, they just put a B list character on the screen in Black Panther and it crushed everything.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by tkitna View Post
    I think if I was MCU, I would put Carol in the new Avengers movie somewhere and have her do something significant so she gets a push (maybe they are). What do I know though, they just put a B list character on the screen in Black Panther and it crushed everything.
    In the movies characters. Mainstream movie audiences aren't A/B/Z-list based on their comiook fandom popularity. They knew Iron Man about as well as they know Echo before the movies came out.
    The Hulk was probably the most mainstream A-list character of the MCU (before they got Spider-Man) and look what that did for his solo movie.

Captain Marvel is immediately A-list because she is in an MCU movie with her name as the title. That is how it works now.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Bitter much?

So, what are we looking at here in terms of potential climatic battles for each movie?

Carol vs Ronan?

Billy vs Sivana?

Does anyone else think that both of these feel more like undercard matches than title bouts?

Who is Carol 's (or even Mar-Vell's) arch-nemesis in the comics? There has got to be someone more interesting than Ronan, who I barely remember from GOTG1. Moonstone, maybe?

And then there is the mystery of the cinematic Black Adam.

Dwayne Johnson is the visually perfect live-action Teth, and can easily match Zachary Levi in both charisma and on - screen presence. But where is he? There is no confirmed JL2, no MOS2, no BLACK ADAM solo, and as of now, no appearance in SHAZAM.

I have heard ... SUICIDE SQUAD 2 is where he will debut in the DCEU. Which sounds so incredibly stupid ("look, kids! The Rock and Will Smith together onscreen for the first time!") and a completely wasted opportunity that I actually hope DCEU' overall losing streak to the MCU continues until the WB executives who make these decisions are removed from their positions.

Tired of being disappointed with DC's live - action products. 1 good WONDER WOMAN does not make up for the rest of their schlock.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    So, what are we looking at here in terms of potential climatic battles for each movie?

Carol vs Ronan?

Billy vs Sivana?

Does anyone else think that both of these feel more like undercard matches than title bouts?
    Sounds fine to me.
    I don't think Ronan will be already a villain here though.

Dwayne Johnson is the visually perfect live-action Teth, and can easily match Zachary Levi in both charisma and on - screen presence. But where is he? There is no confirmed JL2, no MOS2, no BLACK ADAM solo, and as of now, no appearance in SHAZAM.

I have heard ... SUICIDE SQUAD 2 is where he will debut in the DCEU. Which sounds so incredibly stupid ("look, kids! The Rock and Will Smith together onscreen for the first time!") and a completely wasted opportunity that I actually hope DCEU' overall losing streak to the MCU continues until the WB executives who make these decisions are removed from their positions.
    I am not seeing the issue.
    Sivana was Captain Marvel's first real nemesis, and could give him a good physical fight back in the golden age. Black Adam didn't show up until years later.

Invincible Member

Carol vs Ronan?

Billy vs Sivana?

Who is Carol 's (or even Mar-Vell's) arch-nemesis in the comics? There has got to be someone more interesting than Ronan, who I barely remember from GOTG1. Moonstone, maybe?

Tired of being disappointed with DC's live - action products. 1 good WONDER WOMAN does not make up for the rest of their schlock.
    It should be Billy vs Mr Mind.

Carol vs Ronan?

Billy vs Sivana?

I don't thinK Ronan is gonna be the bad guy she fights. I wouldn't be surprised if he is one of the Decent noble Kree, prior to his daddy being killed.
    I don't know who but I think a Skrull will be the big bad

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Bitter much?
    You'd probably be at least a little bitter too if the DCEU and MCU roles were reversed.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    You'd probably be at least a little bitter too if the DCEU and MCU roles were reversed.
    Depends on the person a lot of ppl who shit the hardest on the DCEU are DC fan boys. And would probaly be ecstatic if the DCEU was a unanimous sucess.