Mighty Member

Default Power Rangers 24 Shatterd Grid Prelude

I just Finished the comic. I wanted to start power rangers because of the Shattered Grid story. I haven't read a power rangers comic before this.I thought this would be a jumping on point but its not
    Who is grace.I heard there was some rangers from 1969 and who is the guy locked up and came from a porta lim interested in the Shattered Grid story.But I want to be up to speed
    Thanks

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Grace is the original red ranger from 1969. She's the head of a prestigious, clandestine organization that the Rangers are now working with to intercept threats all over the world.

Lord Drakkon is an evil Tommy Oliver from another universe where he took over, and was recently defeated by the rangers of "our" universe as well as the resistance in his.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Unfortunately, I don't think Shattered Grid is the greatest jumping on point. As Endsong said, Grace is the original red ranger from the 60's who was sent to the moon by Zordon to take care of the green psycho ranger. Several of those original rangers were killed and they were disbanded pretty much immediately.

I can not recommend the series enough and going back and reading prior issues.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Unfortunately, I don't think Shattered Grid is the greatest jumping on point. As Endsong said, Grace is the original red ranger from the 60's who was sent to the moon by Zordon to take care of the green psycho ranger. Several of those original rangers were killed and they were disbanded pretty much immediately.

I can not recommend the series enough and going back and reading prior issues.
    Definitely seconded. Go Go, as well.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Mighty Member

so I guess I should start at the beginning. Shattered grid sounds like a great event. Im going to hunt down the tpB down just power rangers and go go power rangers right

Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post
    so I guess I should start at the beginning. Shattered grid sounds like a great event. Im going to hunt down the tpB down just power rangers and go go power rangers right
    Yup! As of right now, those are the only books.

Yep. Power Rangers has been playing the long game, and doing it well. So you really do want to go back and read from the beginning. It's worth it.

MMPR and GGPR are definitely worth reading from the start. If you enjoy them, consider MMPR: Pink and the MMPR/JL crossover too, both 6 issue series I think. The former is a nice insight into Kim after she leaves Angel Grove and the latter is just hilarious :P If you decide to read the MMPR series, you would obviously need the singles or TPBs to be up to speed for SG, but the Year One edition is awesome, although some feel it is overpriced.
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    MMPR and GGPR are definitely worth reading from the start. If you enjoy them, consider MMPR: Pink and the MMPR/JL crossover too, both 6 issue series I think. The former is a nice insight into Kim after she leaves Angel Grove and the latter is just hilarious :P If you decide to read the MMPR series, you would obviously need the singles or TPBs to be up to speed for SG, but the Year One edition is awesome, although some feel it is overpriced.
    To be honest MMPR Pink is actually my favorite comic to come out of the Power Rangers umbrella so far.

The story itself wasn't amazing for me, but issue #1 is one of my favourite covers
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Guardian of the Universe comicstar100's Avatar

I'd say if we are talking about what you need to have read to understand Shattered Grid Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Volumes 3 and 4 which cover the Lord Drakkon story along with Mighty Morphin Power Rangers issue 20 which covers Grace and the 1960s MMPR team are required. But like everyone else I recommend reading it all, both Mighty Morphin and Go Go have been fantastic.