Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default S.H.I.E.L.D by Hickman

So now that S.H.I.E.L.D is Finishing in May
    I was Thinking How many other series that has taking a long time to finish .I don't think Daredevil Target is ever going to finish
    It must feel good to finally have this finished after so long and put out in stores

Miracleman (was that 10 characters?)

Mighty Member

I am going to wait for the compilation of the full series, just to have it all in one format.

But, it is good that this is finally coming out, and for "SHIELD" to join "Multiversity" in being done (after years of delays).
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CentralPower View Post
    I am going to wait for the compilation of the full series, just to have it all in one format.

But, it is good that this is finally coming out, and for "SHIELD" to join "Multiversity" in being done (after years of delays).
    Oh yeah I forgot about Multiversity's delays, however, Multiversity did not have a huge back between issues like SHIELD.

Mighty Member

True. "Multiversity" just came out, what, 5 years late?

Of course, nothing will ever top "Image United" for delays. It has been nearly a decade, and issue 2 is *still* not out. In order for a series to beat "Image United", it would have to start, have an issue not ship. Then, the rest of "Image United" would have to ship. All Kirkman et al have to do to keep their "longest delay ever" title is....nothing.
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

Mighty Member

Default Shield by Hickman

Quote Originally Posted by CentralPower View Post
    True. "Multiversity" just came out, what, 5 years late?

Of course, nothing will ever top "Image United" for delays. It has been nearly a decade, and issue 2 is *still* not out. In order for a series to beat "Image United", it would have to start, have an issue not ship. Then, the rest of "Image United" would have to ship. All Kirkman et al have to do to keep their "longest delay ever" title is....nothing.
    Was there ever a reason given for the delay? At the time and shortly after Marvel started cancelling some titles because of poor sales. I'd like to see Band of Heroes finish but nobody was buying it. Not sure if it ever was completed in trade in a format that included all 8 issues of the original concept. The last run of Deathlok ended on a cliffhanger when a version of the character was appearing on Agents of Shield. For completion sake I'll add these to the list because it was well done but Image United? I thought I was the only one who got suckered on that bad deal. That and Atlas United. Does anybody remember that debacle?

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Wasn't Dustin Weaver ill for awhile? Or am I misremembering that?
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

In preparation for finishing this series, I went back to refresh my memory on what I read so far (because I didn't really remember that much of a cliffhanger ending). Turns out, I had never read Volume 2 at all, just Volume 1. But, while I was reading Volume 2, I realized I barely remember what happened in the first volume. I just remember some big picture high concept stuff that ended up popping up in the rest of Hickman's work.

Can anyone actually tell me what happened in both Volumes one and two up to the point we left off?
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Astonishing Member

What about the Jeph Loeb/J.Scott Campbell Spider-Man limited series?
    It have been years since any news about this.

No wonder they finally decided to release those SHIELD issues now. It's actually relevant to something in Iron Man #599:
    spoilers:
    Leonardo da Vinci just recruited Ironheart and Toni Ho for some project intended to replace the defunct SHIELD. Those characters didn't even exist when Hickman wrote SHIELD, so it must relate to some unannounced follow up.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    No wonder they finally decided to release those SHIELD issues now. It's actually relevant to something in Iron Man #599:
    spoilers:
    Leonardo da Vinci just recruited Ironheart and Toni Ho for some project intended to replace the defunct SHIELD. Those characters didn't even exist when Hickman wrote SHIELD, so it must relate to some unannounced follow up.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    More related to Hickman's book I'd mostly that he brings Howard back... Now I hope for Nathaniel.
    end of spoilers
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    spoilers:
    More related to Hickman's book I'd mostly that he brings Howard back... Now I hope for Nathaniel.
    end of spoilers
    I can't believe Bendis even had the wherewithal to reference Hickman's series. His entire Iron Man run has been incredibly sloppy and lazy, this issue included. Having said that, I can't wait for the final two SHIELD issues to come out

Tbh I think I misread the last page (see in the Iron Man appreciation thread). Oups!
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

Yeah, that wasn't Howard, it was his other Dad.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/04...is-even-later/

The book is delayed...by a week. Lol.