Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22
  1. #1
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    651

    Default S.H.I.E.L.D by Hickman

    So now that S.H.I.E.L.D is Finishing in May
    I was Thinking How many other series that has taking a long time to finish .I don't think Daredevil Target is ever going to finish
    It must feel good to finally have this finished after so long and put out in stores

  2. #2
    FF purist/snob CaptCleghorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    3,967

    Default

    Miracleman (was that 10 characters?)

  3. #3
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    1,164

    Default

    I am going to wait for the compilation of the full series, just to have it all in one format.

    But, it is good that this is finally coming out, and for "SHIELD" to join "Multiversity" in being done (after years of delays).
    Current pull-file:
    -Fantastic Four
    -Mega Man: Master Mix
    -Tony Stark: Iron Man
    -Transformers: Unicron
    -WWE

    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

  4. #4
    Fantastic Member charliehustle415's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    306

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CentralPower View Post
    I am going to wait for the compilation of the full series, just to have it all in one format.

    But, it is good that this is finally coming out, and for "SHIELD" to join "Multiversity" in being done (after years of delays).
    Oh yeah I forgot about Multiversity's delays, however, Multiversity did not have a huge back between issues like SHIELD.

  5. #5
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    1,164

    Default

    True. "Multiversity" just came out, what, 5 years late?

    Of course, nothing will ever top "Image United" for delays. It has been nearly a decade, and issue 2 is *still* not out. In order for a series to beat "Image United", it would have to start, have an issue not ship. Then, the rest of "Image United" would have to ship. All Kirkman et al have to do to keep their "longest delay ever" title is....nothing.
    Current pull-file:
    -Fantastic Four
    -Mega Man: Master Mix
    -Tony Stark: Iron Man
    -Transformers: Unicron
    -WWE

    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

  6. #6
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,171

    Default Shield by Hickman

    Quote Originally Posted by CentralPower View Post
    True. "Multiversity" just came out, what, 5 years late?

    Of course, nothing will ever top "Image United" for delays. It has been nearly a decade, and issue 2 is *still* not out. In order for a series to beat "Image United", it would have to start, have an issue not ship. Then, the rest of "Image United" would have to ship. All Kirkman et al have to do to keep their "longest delay ever" title is....nothing.
    Was there ever a reason given for the delay? At the time and shortly after Marvel started cancelling some titles because of poor sales. I'd like to see Band of Heroes finish but nobody was buying it. Not sure if it ever was completed in trade in a format that included all 8 issues of the original concept. The last run of Deathlok ended on a cliffhanger when a version of the character was appearing on Agents of Shield. For completion sake I'll add these to the list because it was well done but Image United? I thought I was the only one who got suckered on that bad deal. That and Atlas United. Does anybody remember that debacle?

  7. #7
    Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    In a 70s foreign genre film
    Posts
    2,099

    Default

    Wasn't Dustin Weaver ill for awhile? Or am I misremembering that?
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

  8. #8
    Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    6,105

    Default

    In preparation for finishing this series, I went back to refresh my memory on what I read so far (because I didn't really remember that much of a cliffhanger ending). Turns out, I had never read Volume 2 at all, just Volume 1. But, while I was reading Volume 2, I realized I barely remember what happened in the first volume. I just remember some big picture high concept stuff that ended up popping up in the rest of Hickman's work.

    Can anyone actually tell me what happened in both Volumes one and two up to the point we left off?
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

    I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

    Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

  9. #9
    Mighty Member whiteshark's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,792

    Default

    What about the Jeph Loeb/J.Scott Campbell Spider-Man limited series?
    It have been years since any news about this.

  10. #10
    Ultimate Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    11,527

    Default

    No wonder they finally decided to release those SHIELD issues now. It's actually relevant to something in Iron Man #599:
    spoilers:
    Leonardo da Vinci just recruited Ironheart and Toni Ho for some project intended to replace the defunct SHIELD. Those characters didn't even exist when Hickman wrote SHIELD, so it must relate to some unannounced follow up.
    end of spoilers

  11. #11
    Astonishing Member Abe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    3,456

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    No wonder they finally decided to release those SHIELD issues now. It's actually relevant to something in Iron Man #599:
    spoilers:
    Leonardo da Vinci just recruited Ironheart and Toni Ho for some project intended to replace the defunct SHIELD. Those characters didn't even exist when Hickman wrote SHIELD, so it must relate to some unannounced follow up.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    More related to Hickman's book I'd mostly that he brings Howard back... Now I hope for Nathaniel.
    end of spoilers
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

  12. #12
    Mighty Member Biclopcicle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    1,135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    spoilers:
    More related to Hickman's book I'd mostly that he brings Howard back... Now I hope for Nathaniel.
    end of spoilers
    I can't believe Bendis even had the wherewithal to reference Hickman's series. His entire Iron Man run has been incredibly sloppy and lazy, this issue included. Having said that, I can't wait for the final two SHIELD issues to come out

  13. #13
    Astonishing Member Abe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    3,456

    Default

    Tbh I think I misread the last page (see in the Iron Man appreciation thread). Oups!
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

  14. #14

  15. #15
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    544

    Default

    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/04...is-even-later/

    The book is delayed...by a week. Lol.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •