Fantastic Member

Default Darth Revan appreciation

"Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan… and yet you are nothing. In the end, you belong to neither the light nor the darkness. You will forever stand alone."
    ―Darth Malak[src]
    darth revan.jpg

darth_revan 2.jpg

darth revan 3.jpg

iMan 42s

Perhaps an autocorrect error but it's Revan, not Raven. (gonna need a little mod help on that title)

On the note of the thread, I'll be damned if he isn't one of the most requested characters to definitively enter the Disney canon. An by definitively I don't mean a hologram of what might be him without the mask.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    Perhaps an autocorrect error but it's Revan, not Raven. (gonna need a little mod help on that title)

On the note of the thread, I'll be damned if he isn't one of the most requested characters to definitively enter the Disney canon. An by definitively I don't mean a hologram of what might be him without the mask.
    That's a tall order for a character that has been dead for thousands of years.

Anyway, I like Revan, but I like Nomi Sunrider and Exar Kun a lot more.

Revan has the same problem as Commander Shepard and the Dragon Age protagonists. any canon version Revan is not going to be most players' version of Revan. Mine is female and a ninja.
    Last edited by Carabas; 03-04-2018 at 07:32 AM.

iMan 42s

It's pretty much a necessary evil when you adapt a character, things will change. That being said that if we could get away with a player character embodying the actions of the now legends Revan I'm sure it would work fine now.
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    Who is Darth Revan? Darth Bane is more known.
    Eh, I doubt it. Bane is cool but apart from appearing as a ghost in the last episode of Clone Wars and a couple of books probably only read by hard core fans he doesn't have any real main stream exposure, where as Revan was in two best selling video games and appeared on all kinds of merchandise related to said games.

Bane sort of is more 'canon'; George came up with the concept of him being the one who created the rule of two, although the fleshing out of the character was left to the comics and novels; and the character's appearance in "Clone Wars" pretty much ignored those, having Bane is a Vaderesque look instead of the bald guy with heavy eyeshadow or crab armor from those.

Weren't the Revan figures sort of fan's choice?
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

iMan 42s

I think regardless of it being fan choice the point being is that the hours got put in for the figure to be made when they didn't have to.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Bane sort of is more 'canon'; George came up with the concept of him being the one who created the rule of two, although the fleshing out of the character was left to the comics and novels; and the character's appearance in "Clone Wars" pretty much ignored those, having Bane is a Vaderesque look instead of the bald guy with heavy eyeshadow or crab armor from those.

Weren't the Revan figures sort of fan's choice?
    Bane is certainly in the canon, but the statement was if he was more "known" and with all his appearances being in niche media except for a tiny glimpse in a single episode of the Clone Wars where as Revan was in two huge block buster video games and the fact that the original figure(there is now a new one in the Black Line) was fan driven speaks to his popularity rather than being a negative the difference between the two is clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    That's a tall order for a character that has been dead for thousands of years.

Anyway, I like Revan, but I like Nomi Sunrider and Exar Kun a lot more.

Revan has the same problem as Commander Shepard and the Dragon Age protagonists. any canon version Revan is not going to be most players' version of Revan. Mine is female and a ninja.

Make Revan a guy and get the mask right and you're good to go. Majority of players chose to play Revan as male. As for Commander Shepard Bioware releases the data to their games, 80 percent of the players chose male Shepard. So it's going to match up with most players versions.

Revan is the ****. Would love an animated story about him and the Mandalorian wars. This era is amazing. Disney sucks, **** them for destroying this canon.

Actually, the change to the Mandalorians wasn't really anything to do with Disney; Filoni changed it in the Clone Wars second season (Which caused Karen Traviss's exit from the novel line)....although I think some version of the war is still canon.

I wouldn't call the the TOR era completely destroyed. If anything, it's the only licensed "Legends" thing still putting out new material on occasion via the MMO!
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

I honestly don't think Revan works for a movie. Because he's an avatar for the players. I know there is technically a sort of canon version they could use but I think it's better to handle it the way Obsidian did in TSL.