View Poll Results: Are the X-men the hope to MVCI's success?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

19 42.22%
  • No

26 57.78%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Are the X-men the hope to MVCI's success?

- No MvCi at EVO 2018
    - No MVCI at Capcom Pro Tour
    - sales are low
    - negative reviews due to bad roster, and graphics.

Are the X-men the hope for MVCI's success?

I would say yes because despite of more successful movies of Avengers, there are still more X-men fans in the world, also more vocal and more active online.

If they will release the X-men as the next DLCs, will you get the game?

Will sales soar high?

If they release the X-Men as DLC, I'll download the game when it's discounted on XBL Gold or something like that. But like I've said in the past, I won't pay for a game solely because of extra content.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    If they release the X-Men as DLC, I'll download the game when it's discounted on XBL Gold or something like that. But like I've said in the past, I won't pay for a game solely because of extra content.
    Yup. In general, people aren't keen on paying extra for content they feel should have been in the base game to start with. After pulling that nickle-and-dime DLC nonsense with Dragon Age and The Sims, EA no longer gets any of my money until the 1) the full game is released and bundled and 2) it's on deep discount. I can only imagine there's some similar feeling regarding the X-Men and MvC. And that's not even taking into account that, by most reviews, it's an average game at best.

So, to answer the OP, no I don't think an X-Men DLC will save the game. Capcom and Marvel already screwed the pooch on that one.

BANNED

There are issues with graphics (they feel like a mobile game) and ditching the 3 fighters system (and dragon ball fighter z took it instead), and far better competition like dragon ball, injustice 2 and blazblue, but yeah, they had a shitty initial roster that got nobody excited while people are praising injustice 2 roster and dlc and dragon ball fans are even liking yamcha of all people...

There is no MVCI at evo and at Capcom Grand Tour because Capcom want to promote SFV and not MVCI not because it isn't popular, in Winter Brawl it was the 3rd more played game at the tournament after DBFZ and SFV. That's not on the game itself that on the creator here, the game as a big community already.

But yes the X-Men would sell the game even more.

I voted no because there seem to be problems with the game beyond the lack of X-men. Now don't get me wrong, I do believe that excluding the X-men is probably the biggest reason why the game is failing, and it's certainly why I didn't buy it. But it has other issues too like the weak graphics, story, and not having 3 fighters on a team. Even if they add X-men now as DLC, I would guess that it wouldn't help, the ship has sailed on this one. Capcom would be better off making a new X-men vs Street Fighter game.

I honestly think it's too late for this game. The fact that it's not showing up in any tournaments and hasn't gotten any updates in quite a while seems to hint that both Capcom and Marvel are done with it. Even if some DLC comes out in the next few months that brings X-men characters to the mix, I think this game has just lost too much to be a success at this point.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

No it's too late. That game has already failed and throwing the X-Men in there won't save it. Just have to wait for a possible new game in the franchise.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Adding (expensive) X-Men DLC won't save the game at this point.

Nah it’s too little too late. Maybe next game.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

I agree it's too late.
    Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    There are issues with graphics (they feel like a mobile game) and ditching the 3 fighters system (and dragon ball fighter z took it instead), and far better competition like dragon ball, injustice 2 and blazblue, but yeah, they had a shitty initial roster that got nobody excited while people are praising injustice 2 roster and dlc and dragon ball fans are even liking yamcha of all people...
    Even on Twitch other fighting games are stealing it's hype. When the first trailer came out I said it was giving me "mobile game" vibes and when the first gameplay came out I was right.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

MVCI has no hope to success at all at this point.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Its just an ugly unappealing game to look at. I think it would have been dead in the water either way. People would have gotten more initial enjoyment if the X-men were there though. Also the decision to not have it at EVO could come down to a lot of things. From the Backroom dealings I've ever over at SRK forums its not as simple as "Popular game, you're in EVO". The people they are dealing with over at Marvel now are ultra-anal about the IP. Marvel as a company is in a different spot than when MvC3 came out.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Won't change sales too much but it'd definitely up interest in those that are already playing or put it down. Especially if the trinity return (Magneto, Sentinel, Dr. Doom [FF]). Thing is, it'll be a DLC pack, so I wouldn't expect more than 3 at any given time. Chances are, Capcom will waste it and throw in characters that won't help bring in/back. Because you know... they are Capcom, and thats they do these days. Screw the pooch.

The most used X-Men in competitive play from MvC2 and 3 if I remember correctly; Cable, Psylocke, Wolverine, Storm, Phoenix, Sentinel and Magneto. Wolverine, Sentinel, Magneto, Storm and Phoenix being the more recently utilized in 3. X-23 got some run too. Juggernaut got some usage at the competitive level but was quite oft left out for Hulk. Gambit got a lot of casual and as an anchor in competitive usage but people liked using Psylocke and Wolverine more due to the asst they offered. Iceman, Colossus, Marrow, Spiral, Omega Red, Cyclops, Rogue and Sabretooth didnt get too much run outside of casual. I think I got everyone...?

Outside of the lackluster roster, the game needs a complete overhaul from the UI to a fully upgraded visuals package, and I don't think it's sales warrant the investment. The sound sucks too. Very generic.
    Last edited by donpricetag; 03-04-2018 at 09:26 AM.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    Won't change sales too much but it'd definitely up interest in those that are already playing or put it down. Especially if the trinity return (Magneto, Sentinel, Dr. Doom [FF]). Thing is, it'll be a DLC pack, so I wouldn't expect more than 3 at any given time. Chances are, Capcom will waste it and throw in characters that won't help bring in/back. Because you know... they are Capcom, and thats they do these days. Screw the pooch.

The most used X-Men in competitive play from MvC2 and 3 if I remember correctly; Cable, Psylocke, Wolverine, Storm, Phoenix, Sentinel and Magneto. Wolverine, Sentinel, Magneto, Storm and Phoenix being the more recently utilized in 3. X-23 got some run too. Juggernaut got some usage at the competitive level but was quite oft left out for Hulk. Gambit got a lot of casual and as an anchor in competitive usage but people liked using Psylocke and Wolverine more due to the asst they offered. Iceman, Colossus, Marrow, Spiral, Omega Red, Cyclops, Rogue and Sabretooth didnt get too much run outside of casual. I think I got everyone...?

Outside of the lackluster roster, the game needs a complete overhaul from the UI to a fully upgraded visuals package, and I don't think it's sales warrant the investment. The sound sucks too. Very generic.
    Capcom gets the blame laid at their feet as if Marvel AKA Disney has no say so whatsoever. The characters in the game were based off of the MCU roadmap. They can't just put all of our favorites in the game with no consultation from Marvel(I'll assume you're talking on the Marvel side since there isn't a Capcom character big enough to drum up the interest necessary to save that game). Marvel and the MCU is bigger than it was back in 2011 when Marvel 3 came out. This isn't a give & take happy fun relationship anymore with the common man having a modicum of input(If it ever was, which it kinda was since without such a big fanbase Marvel vs Capcom 3 would never have gotten made). This was 100% corporate.

Iceman was top tier in early MvC2, no chip dmg decent projectiles(At the time). Cyclops got a lot of usage in competition as an assist character. Marrow was up there in early Marvel if I remember correctly too. She had a Strider/Doom level trap. Those trap teams used to be the deal before people discovered the God Tiers.