Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel-Studios Rep View Post
    Do you think doom from the first 100 issues of publication of the FF could defeat more current versions of Ironman with his hack/psychic/etc proof armor?

What upgrades has storm received? I remember in the old 90's cartoon she was billed as capable of unleashing a storm that could essentially wipe out human civilization. I always assumed she was more powerful in the comics then show, although every single X-Men book I've ever read has never had her at that level of devastation and power.
    There are a couple of respect threads that give a good look at how powerful Storm is now. She powerful and could probably evade a lot of Doom's attacks but I'm not sure if she could overcome his current armor.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    There are a couple of respect threads that give a good look at how powerful Storm is now. She powerful and could probably evade a lot of Doom's attacks but I'm not sure if she could overcome his current armor.
    https://comicvine.gamespot.com/storm...p-719868/#1612

I got you
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    Storm couldn't scramble Doom's brain even if she had a bone saw and an eggbeater (or Havok's original costume).

1. Doom is a trained sorcerer, which in the Marvel Universe requires significant focus and willpower.
    2. Doom has such tremendous willpower that he is immune to the mind control of the Purple Man.
    3. Doom has mastered the Ovoid Mind Transfer, an alien psionic technique that allows him to switch minds with an unwilling person.

By contrast, Storm has some undeveloped potential as a sorcerer, and enough training in psychic defense to resist Emma Frost at least some of the time. She has never displayed any ability to attack mentally.

Oh, and the time that Storm did fight Dr. Doom at her normal power level? It ended like this:

The only reason she came back at him at Omega level was because she went berserk due to combination of claustrophobia and being turned into a statue.
    I don't see how him having feats of defending against mind control or being a sorcerer would prove to negate her ability to mess with the electricity in his brain, she's not a psychic. She's kept out three powerful telepaths combined with willpower alone but that doesn't prove she would've been immune to having her brain scrambled via electricity. He was clearly affected by her lightning requiring his armor to protect him from it's power so he would be affected by a shock to the brain, or at least nothing I've seen yet would suggest against it.

That scan does not even matter anymore since her normal power level has grown considerably and he doesn't have prep.

Why God. Why do Storm threads end up like this? : Plays Phantom Pain music.:

Quote Originally Posted by ShepardOakenshieldPrime View Post
    I don't see how him having feats of defending against mind control or being a sorcerer would prove to negate her ability to mess with the electricity in his brain, she's not a psychic.
    Probably the same reason no one simply turns Dr Doom into a frog, or have someone explode his heart from the inside or have Invisible Girl create a bubble in his brain.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Storm has ways to bypass peoples shields I’m not sure if you knew that, but she can. And has done so more than once. Every character has low showings. Storm affecting Doom with Lightning is absolutely plausible. Why? Because Storm has a Good track record of destroying and harming characters and equipment of high caliber.
    That has been tried, and she failed.

Uncanny X-Men 145.1 - Doom tanks lightning strike.jpg

Then he transmuted her to chrome.

Uncanny X-Men 145.2 - Doom transmutes Ororo to chrome.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Funny how you keep using stuff that is out of date to Storm's reaction time.

While I agree Doom would win this, at least try to use a more current Storm.

So does Storm have high reaction speed of some sort she routinely displays?

I forget where I read it, but doesn't Doom's armor have a built-in time machine and cut him off from reality itself? Can she affect things not technically in her universe?

Quote Originally Posted by rhyvurg View Post
    I forget where I read it, but doesn't Doom's armor have a built-in time machine and cut him off from reality itself? Can she affect things not technically in her universe?
    Doom has had time machine since the sixties. Would not surprise me if he put it into the armor.

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    Doom has had time machine since the sixties. Would not surprise me if he put it into the armor.
    It was featured recently too, Beast, Cap and some other people found an underground city with atomic cars where HYDRA was attempting to use one of Doom's time platforms, apparently he named the radiation it generates after himself, and no known shielding stops Von Doom radiation.
    Last edited by rhyvurg; 03-05-2018 at 09:56 PM.

I'm a Storm fan but I'm also rational and I'm trying to be objective here. Face to face with prep time, Doom wins easily but the OP only said Doom is in his "normal" armor so I'm assuming the battle takes place in the arena at 100 feet apart with no prep time. Storm is capable of calling down lightning in a fraction of a second and manipulating it so it can disrupt magic so Doom has to either do defense or offense. Shields take time to activate and spells take time to weave. So convince me, how does Doom defeat Storm from 100 feet away?
    Cyke1.jpg
    Cyke2.jpg
    Cyke3.jpg
    "Once more the Sith will rule the galaxy... and we shall have peace."

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Is that last scan meant to be Storm blasting way the Crimson Bands of Cytorrak?

Because, yeah, no. That seems pretty off.

Also, the hilarity of lightning being used to block concussive force. That's not a good physics comics.

The crimson bands aren't made the same for everyone. So maybe it was one of Strange's bad days.

For that matter what has Doom ever done with the bands other than get broken by Sentry?

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    The crimson bands aren't made the same for everyone. So maybe it was one of Strange's bad days.

For that matter what has Doom ever done with the bands other than get broken by Sentry?
    Drain and bind Iron Man, maybe a few other mid tier Avengers too.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post

While stronger mages can do bigger stuff with them, the bands work on the basis of the strength of the user's focus. Namor broke them because he induced a psychic feedback to Strange and weakened them for example, Sentry muscled through them because he's Sentry and he's like a Thanos-class mofo.

Storm is, apparently, blasting the bands off her body with an AoE lightning strike. That's pretty wild. Strange apparently didn't put his autoshields on that morning.

My point is less that Doom can do the bands for the win, it was more that Storm being able to disrupt magic on that level [Crimson Bands summoned by Stranger] with lightning seems a bit suspect to me.