Extraordinary Member

Default Gilgamesh (Fate/stay night & Fate: Zero) vs. Karna (Fate: Apocrypha)

So, from what I've gathered this is a rather heated topic in the Fate community.

If these two golden demi-god servants duked it out, who would come out on top? The King of Heroes or the Son of the Sun God.

And from what I've read, I'm pretty sure this is Gil's fight to win. But to what degree is what I'm curious about. Can Karna push Gil to his limits or can Gil just dick around and still win the battle? Or am I just plain wrong in that Karna would actually overwhelm Gil more times than not?

Karna is one of the few people Gilgamesh would actually take seriously. It doesn't help that Enkidu is super effective against people with Divinity. It's Gilgamesh's fight to win here.

That said, going by anime-only feats, Karna crushes him because the Apo anime was nuts
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

Anime-only feats, Karna kills basically everyone in the Ufo animes as a side-effect of swinging his weapon normally.

Talking about the Fate franchise overall, both Karna and Gilgamesh agree that that Gilgamesh would beat him, which is further reinforced by Word of God. Gilgamesh also explicitly considers Karna someone worth taking seriously (when they meet in CCC, his immediate reaction is to back out of melee range and get ready to fight) so unlike against some people there's no chance he'd mess around and get himself killed.

So the matter is only hotly contested by people who'd ignore everything that's ever been said on the subject, pretty much.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Karna is one of the few people Gilgamesh would actually take seriously. It doesn't help that Enkidu is super effective against people with Divinity. It's Gilgamesh's fight to win here.
    Yeah, I figured that Enkidu was pretty much the main thing that gives Gilgamesh the edge in this fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    Talking about the Fate franchise overall, both Karna and Gilgamesh agree that that Gilgamesh would beat him, which is further reinforced by Word of God. Gilgamesh also explicitly considers Karna someone worth taking seriously (when they meet in CCC, his immediate reaction is to back out of melee range and get ready to fight) so unlike against some people there's no chance he'd mess around and get himself killed.

So the matter is only hotly contested by people who'd ignore everything that's ever been said on the subject, pretty much.
    Huh, did not know it'd been made that official, or that they'd met.