Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Is it weird that Batman Beyond is my favorite Batman?

I was too young to watch Batman the Animated series. I only started watching TV when pokemon came on and Batman Beyond was my first batman.

No.. I saw batman beyond too.

My first Batman, was Bruce in Animated series... However my favorite version was, this batman:

Like this Joker.. BATMAN BRAVE AND BOLD was one funny bat-serie..
    Last edited by adrikito; 12-15-2017 at 04:20 PM.

If Beyond was the first animated Bat-series you started watching/reading, then it's not weird if it's a sentimental favorite.

It isn't, Batman Beyond is my second favorite Batman related cartoon after Batman the Animated Series. And Batman the Animated series is my favorite cartoon of all time.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

BANNED

I'm not a fan of BTAS at all but Batman Beyond is excellent

I'm a big fan of Terry .

I love Batman Beyond and its world-building. The Jokerz Gang from The Return of the Joker were inspired. I almost wish we could have some of those villains, including Inque, in the current continuity.

As a kid i thought the batman(2000?) was really cool so i know how you feel.

BANNED

I like Terry a LOT. Hated it when he was kicked out for the sniveling likes of Tim Dreck.

Thanks guys.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

It's not weird at all. Terry is my favorite Batman as well and I loved the Batman beyond cartoon.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

I wouldn't say its weird, but I would guess that person wasn't immersed in batman books. It's believable but not likely IMO that a fan would had read all those classics (TDKR, Long Halloween, Morrison's run, Killing Joke, on and on) and still prefers Terry McGuiness and the Beyond Universe. Which good but limited in scope and sheer number of stories.

Terry has a lot of things that make him so easy to like though. Like Dick, he gets the perks of Batman while also existing outside of him, being able to interact with him and diverge from his persona into a more relatable one. The aesthetic of his Universe is so appealing and creates new storytelling possibilities about the perils of technological advancement. If you grew up with him it just reinforces all of that on a more personal level. I don't think it's weird, just rare. Bruce seems to offer more psychologically and in terms of character complexity, whereas Terry is more straightforward. Which, again, can be part of the appeal, but I think the former gives a versatility and provides rich material for character studies & emotional pull. Which, to be completely fair, is because countless writers and artists have had their hand at building up and peeling back the layers of Bruce and his version of Gotham, whereas Terry is restricted to one principal solid take and its derivative comics. But liking a character is different than liking the stories themselves.

Astonishing Member

Terry's one of my favourite Batmen with Bruce, Dick and Damian. Great show.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    It isn't, Batman Beyond is my second favorite Batman related cartoon after Batman the Animated Series. And Batman the Animated series is my favorite cartoon of all time.
    Me too. I loved BTAS and I think BB was a very good take as a continuation. Not all the episodes were great, but the same can be said for TAS.

Inque is still one of the best villains and most original.

Mighty Member

Funny thing is, I hated Batman Beyond when it first aired. I wasn't alone, as I remember crators saying that it was a POSSIBLE future for BTAS. Over time I grew to love it... I will say that some things are Spider-Man esque, especially Kraven...er I mean Stalker. I will say that Shocker/Shriek had a gimmick that altered him from his counterpart (manipulating sound rather than just blasting it like a compressed air shockwave).

Also...
    Attachment 5069
    Attachment 5070