Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    so we have new issue now, I dont think we should exclude biracial people, yes racist casting directors would pick token black people with lighter skin and Caucasian facial features but that not their fault. It wasnt right but its not their and they should not be excluded now their is sunshine for all of us

The people Harassing Alexandra because they think she is too light to to play storm, Lets not continue the divide racists have put in our minds and turn against each other.
    https://selfuni.wordpress.com/2015/1...pean-features/
    At the same time though, we shouldn't perpetuate the practices and notions of the biased casting directors. Far too often, light-skinned actresses have been given precedence over their darker counterparts when opportunities arise where the latter would be a better option than the former. It's an issue of beauty standards and an undervaluation of certain skin tones and facial features that we shouldn't have to play into as a society anymore. And like Black Panther before it, a Vixen movie featuring an actress who embraces traditionally African (particularly Central African) beauty is a strong step in correcting the imbalance and giving underserved communities heroes that reflect what the vast majority of them look like.

If anything, I think that getting a light skinned actress to play Vixen would hurt the movie because I'd imagine a lot of WOC would feel it was a missed opportunity to show a dark skinned woman. Part of the reason BP was such a success among audiences was that its women weren't beholden to white beauty standards that devalue black women and their attributes. A Vixen movie featuring a woman whose a few shades and a nose job away from looking like Emma Watson isn't going to go over well in the wake of characters like Nakia and Okoye.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    I feel that a Vixen film would be inevitable at this point.
    She feels to me, like the perfect logically sound next step to continue creating more superhero films that speak to audiences that are not just business as usual: just like I would certainly greenlight a Storm film at Marvel, I would absolutely earmark Vixen as the next woman to get a superhero solo adventure.

What do you think? Yay? Nay? May?
    I hope not. I'm enjoying the Flarrowverse versions, whom will be killed off if DC gets movie ambitions for the character (even if those ambitions never lead to an actual movie).