• The Huge Tree in the Tsukamori Forest

1 16.67%
  • My Neighbour Totoro

1 16.67%
  • Kaze no Tani no Naushika

0 0%
    The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Post Vote for Your Favourite Studio Ghibli Song

Out of all the animation studios in Japan none has left quite the mark on animation on Japan and the world quite like how Studio Ghibli has with it's fantastic animations, interesting characters, and most notably their songs. These songs many of which were composed by the amazing Joe Hisaishi Miyazaki's frequent collaborator and have delighted and thrilled all who have listened to them so now's the time to decide and vote for your favourite Studio Ghibli song.
    Last edited by The Dying Detective; 03-05-2018 at 04:42 AM.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Personally I wish I could vote for a lot of these songs but the best for me are The Journey to the West and Legend of Ashitaka from Princess Mononoke, Therru's Song from the reviled Tales from Earthsea , Inochi no Namae and Itsumo Nando Demo from Spirited Away, Carrying You from Laputa: Castle in the Sky, and Hikoki-gumo from the Wind Rises. Let's face it they're all such great songs.

Love this one.

Here's a good one It's Hard Work from Spirited Away it's a great song to be listening while your doing tedious work it makes it more enjoyable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJevFwee4NI

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    Awesome thread. I wish there were more anime/manga threads like this. But there aren't enough manga/anime fans here to generate traffic.

I sort of liked the song from Castle in the Sky, even though I am deaf and can't hear the melody but I can read the song lyrics in the subtitles.
    It is unfortunate on the other hand this website is dedicated to American media so that's the problem with even starting threads like this and it was a risk I was a little too confident in. There's a vocal version of It''s Hard Work if it's possible you could find the lyrics for it. They are very nice lyrics. And Castle in the Sky is also a favourite of mine both the vocals and the lyrics are great.

This is very, very hard because the Ghibli films all have such beautiful music. I think I'll give The Legend of Ashitaka (which basically serves as the main theme for Princess Mononoke) the vote; it sells the grand, epic sweep of the thing but it's also delicate - encapsulates the film!

There's so much good stuff in these films it's easy to have wonderful stuff get lost in the shuffle of your mind. I saw Porco Rosso in theaters the other day, and I've seen this movie dozens of times, and yet I was surprised at the end because I had forgot the end credits song and how great it is.

Such a HUGE Studio Ghibli fan; I'll need to sit down and listen to all of these before I vote. Since (off the top of my head) I don't remember most of them. I own the Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away soundtracks, so I'm familiar with those best. Awesome thread, will vote later once I've heard the songs.

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    Awesome thread. I wish there were more anime/manga threads like this. But there aren't enough manga/anime fans here to generate traffic.
    I personally never count Studio Ghibli as anime. I know "technically" anime just means "animation from Japan", but when someone hears or thinks anime, all the 'stock' things... I don't feel you see in Ghibli. It's more golden age Disney, than it is anime (to me). Certainly when I want to show it to people who've never seen it before, I emphasis it's not anime (since that puts off A LOT of people).
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 05-28-2018 at 08:34 AM.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."