Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Captain Marvel Movie

So, it's going around that Captain Marvel is going to be the first hero that Nick Fury ever meets. Nick was one of the Howling Commandos, didn't he ever meet Captain America? Secondly, Superheroes of that power level tend to make big scenes. If Captain Marvel was operating in the 90's, why did nobody ever hear of her? It's hard to believe that someone as powerful and colorful as her was never seen doing her thing.
    I have a high art. I wound with cruelty those that wound me

Quote Originally Posted by MaximaCoita View Post
    So, it's going around that Captain Marvel is going to be the first hero that Nick Fury ever meets. Nick was one of the Howling Commandos, didn't he ever meet Captain America? Secondly, Superheroes of that power level tend to make big scenes. If Captain Marvel was operating in the 90's, why did nobody ever hear of her? It's hard to believe that someone as powerful and colorful as her was never seen doing her thing.
    Nick wasn't one of the Howling Commandoes in the cinematic universe. speculatively, she was a soldier of some sort before being kree-napped. this happened in the 90s. if people don't know about it, it might have been a secret mission or something that was covered up.

Is Captain Marvel really that powerful?

Quote Originally Posted by Harsh Lesson View Post
    Is Captain Marvel really that powerful?
    according to Feige, she is the most powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    according to Feige, she is the most powerful.
    I'll have a hard time believing she's more powerful than Thor, Stephen, or Banner for that matter.

I'll have a hard time believing she's more powerful than Thor, Stephen, or Banner for that matter.
    it's been stated repeatedly the she is the most powerful character in the Marvel Universe. Feige intends to keep her that way on screen, too.

I didn't know Fury got Kree-napped so maybe that's where he met her and that's where she's been. Would also explain why nobody's heard of her yet and why she didn't show for the Battle of New York or Sokovia.

it's been stated repeatedly the she is the most powerful character in the Marvel Universe. Feige intends to keep her that way on screen, too.

I didn't know Fury got Kree-napped so maybe that's where he met her and that's where she's been. Would also explain why nobody's heard of her yet and why she didn't show for the Battle of New York or Sokovia.
    not Fury. I'm talking about Carol. she might have been a regular human before disappearing. so Fury would not have met her as a superhero.

and... why would have a hard time believing it... It BETTER not be because they are men.

BANNED

Nick wasn't one of the Howling Commandoes in the cinematic universe. speculatively, she was a soldier of some sort before being kree-napped. this happened in the 90s. if people don't know about it, it might have been a secret mission or something that was covered up.
    I totally read that as Fury being knee-capped first time around.

As others have stated, MCU Fury isn't a Howling Commando (I think Captain America: The Winter Soldier also pretty heavily implied that Fury isn't on the Infinity Formula either). My best guess is that Carol is taken offworld in the 90s, fights with the Kree against the Skrulls (perhaps also meeting a younger Ronan?) and then returns in the modern day (potentially between Avengers: Infinity War and Avengers 4 as I think she's confirmed for 4, but not Infinity War).

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

I don't believe that Fury wouldn't know about Hank or Janet in the 80's
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

and... why would have a hard time believing it... It BETTER not be because they are men.
    Probably referring that in the comics she isn't as strong as they are

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    I don't believe that Fury wouldn't know about Hank or Janet in the 80's
    but did he meet them? Pym quit SHIELD early on.

but did he meet them? Pym quit SHIELD early on.
    It's been awhile since I've seen it, but I thought the opening scene took place in 1989? I think Fury was with SHIELD at that point.

Astonishing Member

she's not the most powerful character in the Marvel Universe, she's not even top ten, maybe not even top ten hero based on any feats she's shown but she probably is

She is supposed to be most powerful hero in mcu, which given how underpowered thor and hulk are I can readily see this, and so far Stephen hasn't shown anything to come close to his master of mystic arts level, never mind sorcerer supreme

this is an observation based on their feats in panel and on screen, nothing else

If she had her binary powers still, she up there with the very most powerful, but I don't think she currently has them available
    Last edited by kilderkin; 03-09-2018 at 04:40 PM.