View Poll Results: How powerful and smart?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Basics superhuman abilities/high end prep feats

    12 26.67%
  • Combination of Scientific and Magic Biology and some mystic potential/grows in superhuman abilities

    4 8.89%
  • High end Scientist near Tchalla/Stark knowledge / lesser superhuman abilities

    8 17.78%
  • Master Street Level polymath/hidden genius potential/superhuman abilities

    21 46.67%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 76
  1. #61
    IRON MAN Tony Stark's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Stark Unlimited
    Posts
    3,944

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    First of all, Hank Pym is smarter than T'Challa and Stark for the most part, and Reed is even smarter. I don't really think Peter is necessarily smarter than Stark, but he is definitely on a comparable level, and he's certainly smarter than Beast. I'd also argue Peter is smarter than T'Challa in scientific fields, though T'Challa is better in pretty much all other fields.



    Peter is by very definition a polymath. He ranks as smart as anyone in any field of science. In biology, Beast has asked him for help, and Reed once said Peter is better at biology than he is. In physics, he discovered stuff about Pym Particles which Hank Pym didn't know. In tech, he has hacked Starktech a couple times. In chemistry, he has that famous web-fluid. To be fair, I guess you could argue he is a scientific polymath, but not too far above average in other fields like business though.



    Yes, because for 95% of his publishing history, Peter has barely been able to afford rent, while Tony is like the second richest person on Earth after T'Challa. Peter was rich for like 30 issues, and in that time, he built plenty of things which are on the same level as Tony. I mean, as far as armors go, his latest one was more advanced than the majority of Tony's suits pre-Extremis, and was probably better than the armor he had under Bendis. And it was pretty clearly stated in the comic that Peter's AI was more advanced than Tony's, so if you are using evidence that Tony built better web-shooters from that comic, you should also consider that.

    And when heroes want something made, they go to Reed, Tony, or Pym, because they are far more famous heroes than Spider-Man, who is known as kind of a jokester. Not to mention that no one who doesn't know Peter's identity knows Spider-Man is a genius. Not to mention that only 27 people on Earth know his identity. Not to mention that even if they did know his identity, and he could design something for them, he wouldn't have been able to build it for them either way, since he didn't have the cash to build and give away advanced tech, so there really was no point of asking him. Anyways, however you slice it, Peter was much more impressive in terms of inventing than Tony was in the All-New All-Different period, where they both had comparable levels of resources. Peter still has never reached anywhere near Tony's peak resources, when Tony was rich enough to hire aliens to build a Dyson Sphere for him. Even with Parker Industries, he wasn't nearly that rich, especially since he kept giving most of it away.
    Were does it say he's in the top 10 smartest characters. Tony has been inventing stuff since the 60's. Now you're saying Peter builds armors better than Stark preexrtremeis?!?!?!?!? Were is it stated that Parker' AI is better than Tony's Friday?! You're just saying complete fanboy stuff like Spiderclops said you were. Also Pym himself even said that Stark was smarter than him.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 03-14-2018 at 07:29 AM.
    " I've learned that free will isn't a gift-it's muscle that needs to be exercised-and only when it's in peak condition-is a man truly awake" TONY STARK

  2. #62
    World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Were does it say he's in the top 10 smartest characters. Tony has been inventing stuff since the 60's. Now you're saying Peter builds armors better than Stark preexrtremeis?!?!?!?!? Were is it stated that Parker' AI is better than Tony's Friday?! You're just saying complete fanboy stuff like Spiderclops said you were. Also Pym himself even said that Stark was smarter than him.
    Why does it have to say that anywhere? You're fixating too much on statements and not enough on what they characters have actually invented and/or discovered. Peter's been inventing sine the 60s too, and his Spider-Armor Mk IV is certainly more advanced than most of the pre-Extremis armors... unless you're saying Tony had liquid metal neurokinetic tech back then? Here's a link to the statement that Peter's OS is more advanced than Tony's, from the exact same comic where you stated Tony's web-shooter was better than Peter's. Hank Pym has said Peter is smarter than he is as well, but that doesn't make it true. Hank is known for being quite insecure and has an inferiority complex just like Peter.

    I also find it funny you are accusing me of being the fanboy when I'm the only one actually providing some modicum of evidence for my arguments, instead of just using some random character statements.

  3. #63
    IRON MAN Tony Stark's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Stark Unlimited
    Posts
    3,944

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    Why does it have to say that anywhere? You're fixating too much on statements and not enough on what they characters have actually invented and/or discovered. Peter's been inventing sine the 60s too, and his Spider-Armor Mk IV is certainly more advanced than most of the pre-Extremis armors... unless you're saying Tony had liquid metal neurokinetic tech back then? Here's a link to the statement that Peter's OS is more advanced than Tony's, from the exact same comic where you stated Tony's web-shooter was better than Peter's. Hank Pym has said Peter is smarter than he is as well, but that doesn't make it true. Hank is known for being quite insecure and has an inferiority complex just like Peter.

    I also find it funny you are accusing me of being the fanboy when I'm the only one actually providing some modicum of evidence for my arguments, instead of just using some random character statements.
    I'm not the only one calling you a fanboy. Other people see it too. When did Pym say Parker was smarter?!?! Tony makes the best armors period. I'm not going to debate that with you because that's common sense. Peter said his AI was better. Then why was Tony the mentor showing Peter things and making him armors. Tony's AI runs his company for him. Hell Tony even became an AI for RiRi. Also you finally showed evidence of the AI and it's coming from Peter. If Peter was so great building things then why did Tony have to make stuff for Miles to use? Parker got upset and wanted to fight Tony. Also Parker tried hiring Pepper just to get back at Tony because MJ wanted to work with Tony. Tony has invented and created more tech that Peter. His inventions speaks for itself. Parker invented things that were great, just not on Tony's level. Also Peter was basically Tony Stark lite when he had his company and inventions.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 03-14-2018 at 10:47 AM.
    " I've learned that free will isn't a gift-it's muscle that needs to be exercised-and only when it's in peak condition-is a man truly awake" TONY STARK

  4. #64
    Mighty Member Lukmendes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1,252

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    Why does it have to say that anywhere? You're fixating too much on statements and not enough on what they characters have actually invented and/or discovered. Peter's been inventing sine the 60s too, and his Spider-Armor Mk IV is certainly more advanced than most of the pre-Extremis armors... unless you're saying Tony had liquid metal neurokinetic tech back then? Here's a link to the statement that Peter's OS is more advanced than Tony's, from the exact same comic where you stated Tony's web-shooter was better than Peter's. Hank Pym has said Peter is smarter than he is as well, but that doesn't make it true. Hank is known for being quite insecure and has an inferiority complex just like Peter.

    I also find it funny you are accusing me of being the fanboy when I'm the only one actually providing some modicum of evidence for my arguments, instead of just using some random character statements.
    To be fair, Peter and Tony were having a childish pissing contest in this fight, so I wouldn't take his statement seriously about his stuff being better than Tony's or vice versa, they just wanted to insult each other.

  5. #65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Let's not fanboy over, shall we? Peter is nowhere near the level of Reed, T'Challa or Stark. Even Hank Pym and Hank McCoy are several steps above him. That's just how it is, whether we like it or not.
    My comment was a joke. The poster named himself Tony Stark, and I was saying Tony wouldn’t want to say Peter was smarter. I’ve already expressed my actual opinion.

  6. #66
    IRON MAN Tony Stark's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Stark Unlimited
    Posts
    3,944

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SilverWarriorWolf View Post
    My comment was a joke. The poster named himself Tony Stark, and I was saying Tony wouldn’t want to say Peter was smarter. I’ve already expressed my actual opinion.
    I knew you were joking. I should have said something.
    " I've learned that free will isn't a gift-it's muscle that needs to be exercised-and only when it's in peak condition-is a man truly awake" TONY STARK

  7. #67

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    I knew you were joking. I should have said something.
    Glad that was clear to some.

  8. #68
    World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    To be fair, Peter and Tony were having a childish pissing contest in this fight, so I wouldn't take his statement seriously about his stuff being better than Tony's or vice versa, they just wanted to insult each other.
    I actually agree, which is why I wasn't the one who brought it up. I assume Tony Stark thought it was a good enough standard of evidence to be used, however, so I pointed out the AI thing which happened a few pages later.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Tony makes the best armors period. I'm not going to debate that with you because that's common sense.
    Wait... so now you think Tony's armor is better than Dr. Doom's? The armor with a freaking time machine installed into it? Are you serious?

    Peter said his AI was better. Then why was Tony the mentor showing Peter things and making him armors. Tony's AI runs his company for him. Hell Tony even became an AI for RiRi. Also you finally showed evidence of the AI and it's coming from Peter. If Peter was so great building things then why did Tony have to make stuff for Miles to use? Parker got upset and wanted to fight Tony.
    BTW, they retconned it so that Tony didn't make the Iron Spider, and Peter actually was the lead designer on it along with him after OMD, since that's the explanation for why Peter lived in Avengers Tower while Stark didn't know his secret identity. Peter's AI doesn't run his company for him because he isn't as irresponsible as Tony (though to be fair he was still pretty irresponsible with his company). And sure, the evidence is coming from Peter, but since you felt fine with using Tony's statement that he improved Peter's web-shooters as evidence, this is equally valid. Peter got upset because Tony kept throwing shade at Parker Industries, since Tony was so jealous lol. What a so-called "great inventor" indeed - gets out-innovated by his competition, and instead of doing anything about it, he just takes a few pot-shots.

    Also Parker tried hiring Pepper just to get back at Tony because MJ wanted to work with Tony.
    I don't see how Peter trying to hire Pepper because Stark hired MJ has anything to do with either of their intelligence levels...

    Tony has invented and created more tech that Peter. His inventions speaks for itself. Parker invented things that were great, just not on Tony's level. Also Peter was basically Tony Stark lite when he had his company and inventions.
    I'm not sure how he was "lite" anything, but either way, they've both invented equally impressive things. Tony may have created more inventions, but we're talking about quality, not quantity here.

    I'm not the only one calling you a fanboy. Other people see it too. When did Pym say Parker was smarter?!?!
    Yes, I'm the fanboy here. Of course. Although, I do find it funny that it's you who was comparing Tony's intellect to Reed's, saying Tony's armor is better than Doom's, and doesn't seem to know anything about any of Peter's intelligence feats. For your information, here is that instance with Pym. Anyways, I'd suggest you not debate about Peter's intelligence when you know so little about it yourself...

  9. #69
    IRON MAN Tony Stark's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Stark Unlimited
    Posts
    3,944

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    I actually agree, which is why I wasn't the one who brought it up. I assume Tony Stark thought it was a good enough standard of evidence to be used, however, so I pointed out the AI thing which happened a few pages later.



    Wait... so now you think Tony's armor is better than Dr. Doom's? The armor with a freaking time machine installed into it? Are you serious?



    BTW, they retconned it so that Tony didn't make the Iron Spider, and Peter actually was the lead designer on it along with him after OMD, since that's the explanation for why Peter lived in Avengers Tower while Stark didn't know his secret identity. Peter's AI doesn't run his company for him because he isn't as irresponsible as Tony (though to be fair he was still pretty irresponsible with his company). And sure, the evidence is coming from Peter, but since you felt fine with using Tony's statement that he improved Peter's web-shooters as evidence, this is equally valid. Peter got upset because Tony kept throwing shade at Parker Industries, since Tony was so jealous lol. What a so-called "great inventor" indeed - gets out-innovated by his competition, and instead of doing anything about it, he just takes a few pot-shots.


    I don't see how Peter trying to hire Pepper because Stark hired MJ has anything to do with either of their intelligence levels...



    I'm not sure how he was "lite" anything, but either way, they've both invented equally impressive things. Tony may have created more inventions, but we're talking about quality, not quantity here.



    Yes, I'm the fanboy here. Of course. Although, I do find it funny that it's you who was comparing Tony's intellect to Reed's, saying Tony's armor is better than Doom's, and doesn't seem to know anything about any of Peter's intelligence feats. For your information, here is that instance with Pym. Anyways, I'd suggest you not debate about Peter's intelligence when you know so little about it yourself...
    Tony made a armor with time machine capabilities in a one shot with Black Widow. Doom's armor has magic so I'll give that to Doom,, but Tony makes them better that Parker. I didn't honestly know about the retcon, but we know how it went down. Quality over Quantity is still Tony. From Tales of Suspense #39 he has inventing things while Parker mostly did under Slott. You saying that Peter is a better inventor is out there.
    " I've learned that free will isn't a gift-it's muscle that needs to be exercised-and only when it's in peak condition-is a man truly awake" TONY STARK

  10. #70
    World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Tony made a armor with time machine capabilities in a one shot with Black Widow. Doom's armor has magic so I'll give that to Doom,, but Tony makes them better that Parker. I didn't honestly know about the retcon, but we know how it went down. Quality over Quantity is still Tony. From Tales of Suspense #39 he has inventing things while Parker mostly did under Slott. You saying that Peter is a better inventor is out there.
    You keep saying things but don't provide any proof for them. When did Tony build an armor with time machine capabilities? Any scans? And I don't know how you can still insist Peter's armor is worse than the majority of Tony's armors when that's clearly not true. Only Extremis, Bleeding Edge, Superior, and maybe Model 42/Space Armor are better.

    I also find it funny how you say Quality over Quantity still goes to Tony and then give an example of quantity (been inventing things since Tales of Suspense). In that case, Peter has been inventing things since Amazing Fantasy #15.

  11. #71
    IRON MAN Tony Stark's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Stark Unlimited
    Posts
    3,944

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    You keep saying things but don't provide any proof for them. When did Tony build an armor with time machine capabilities? Any scans? And I don't know how you can still insist Peter's armor is worse than the majority of Tony's armors when that's clearly not true. Only Extremis, Bleeding Edge, Superior, and maybe Model 42/Space Armor are better.

    I also find it funny how you say Quality over Quantity still goes to Tony and then give an example of quantity (been inventing things since Tales of Suspense). In that case, Peter has been inventing things since Amazing Fantasy #15.
    But he hasn't invented as many things as Stark has or better. I don't have any scans. I just remember that it happened in Iron Man Kiss and Kill one shot. And Tony builds better armors than Spidey because that is Tony's thing. He invents the armors. Just like being a detective is Batman's thing. WE aren't going to change anyone's mind. You think Peter is a better inventor that Tony and that he is as smart as Tony or smarter. I can't argue with that. We just agree to disagree.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 03-14-2018 at 06:53 PM.
    " I've learned that free will isn't a gift-it's muscle that needs to be exercised-and only when it's in peak condition-is a man truly awake" TONY STARK

  12. #72
    World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    But he hasn't invented as many things as Stark has or better. I don't have any scans. I just remember that it happened in Iron Man Kiss and Kill one shot. And Tony builds better armors than Spidey because that is Tony's thing. He invents the armors. Just like being a detective is Batman's thing.
    Once again, inventing as any things as Stark has is quantity, not quality. And he has invented plenty of things as good as Tony, for example nerve-hacking device or plasma breeder fusion reactor or self-recharging energy source, just off the top of my head. And Tony's best armors are better than Spidey's, but Spidey's best armor is better than a most of Tony's less-advanced armors.

  13. #73
    IRON MAN Tony Stark's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Stark Unlimited
    Posts
    3,944

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    Once again, inventing as any things as Stark has is quantity, not quality. And he has invented plenty of things as good as Tony, for example nerve-hacking device or plasma breeder fusion reactor or self-recharging energy source, just off the top of my head. And Tony's best armors are better than Spidey's, but Spidey's best armor is better than a most of Tony's less-advanced armors.
    LOL. If you say so. Like I said. Can't argue with you. We just agree to disagree.
    " I've learned that free will isn't a gift-it's muscle that needs to be exercised-and only when it's in peak condition-is a man truly awake" TONY STARK

  14. #74
    Peter Scott/Scott Peter SpiderClops's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    5,732

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SilverWarriorWolf View Post
    My comment was a joke. The poster named himself Tony Stark, and I was saying Tony wouldn’t want to say Peter was smarter. I’ve already expressed my actual opinion.
    I apologize then.
    “Indifference and neglect often do much more damage than outright dislike.”
    -Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

  15. #75

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    I apologize then.
    Thank you.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •