Spectacular Member

Default Okko comic by Hub it's French but it had a English tranlation

Hi folks I need to contact the Writer of the French comic Okko which had an English translation, it take place in Fantasy version of Feudal Japan. The complete comic series has given me some ideas for my Hard Fantasy series with some GrimDark touches as well like a Song of Ice and Fire series but it take place in Hard Fantasy version of 17th Century Feudal Japan, but my version of the Japanese people are based on the Ancestors of Europeans like the Ainu people of Japan.

I would like to talk to Hub and make sure the ideas that I want to use wouldn't get me sued?, I hope that person can understand English?.

LW

Have you tried contacting the publishers to see if you can contact the creators through them? The English translations in the US were put out by Archaia, which is now part of BOOM! Studios. They might be able to put you into contact with the creator's representatives (agent, lawyer, etc). through whom such inquiries would be filtered anyways. If you had a literary agent or representative (as most professional creators do) they would be the ones to do such legwork. It's unlikely that they would respond to direct inquiries form a fan or aspiring writer concerning legal matters without a legal representative being involved anyways.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Spectacular Member

Well I need E-mail and does Boom Studios have a forum?,

LW

Have you tried just googling BOOM! Studios to see if they have a webpage with contact info? If you want to do this you are going to have to do some legwork on your own that isn't just posting on random comics forums.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Spectacular Member

I looked on Boom Studio web page they don't have an Official Forum, but I used there contact E-Mail also I can't use Facebook.

LW