Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Your Ideas For DC Fantasy Books

Hellenders

Action adventure stories revolving around DC magic and mystic characters

Stars: Artemis, Akila, Pantha, Ryuku Orsono, Witchfire and Ferdinand

Shadowpact

Detective Chimp runs a detective agency with the help of Nightshade and Dead man.

Black Orchid

Alba Garcia grapples with having inherited the legacy of the Black Orchid mantle and her new role as a guardian of nature.

Young Fantasy

Cassie Sandsmark finds herself on new adventures in the mystic world

Stars: Cassie Sandsmark, Anita Fite, Miiyaben Marten, Linda Danvers, Eddie Bloomberg and Khalid Nassour.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 03-05-2018 at 12:59 PM.

BANNED

a series called Return to Gemworld, a darker more intricate take on Amethyst and the mythology of the faerie realm

BANNED

Misfit: Princess of Gemworld- Rather than do yet another Amethyst reboot, this book would showcase Charlie's days as a princess of the Ruby house up until the day her family was murdered and she was sent to Earth. Dark high-fantasy and Song of Ice and Fire esque political intrigue, all from the perspective of a bubbly teenage girl.

Earth Angel- A new solo for Linda Danvers. Follows Linda struggling to balance her responsibilities as a single mother to Ariella as well as her duties as an Earth-born angel.

Empress: A solo book for Anita, co-starring Slobo. Would be able to focus on both Anita's magical abilities as well as get the New Gods involved thanks to her having a piece of the anti-life equation inside her.

My Donna Troy idea is a bit like a Narnia book, then a prolapsed Narnia book. It ends as a Sailor Moon serial with a new status quo for the handoff.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Misfit: Princess of Gemworld- Rather than do yet another Amethyst reboot, this book would showcase Charlie's days as a princess of the Ruby house up until the day her family was murdered and she was sent to Earth. Dark high-fantasy and Song of Ice and Fire esque political intrigue, all from the perspective of a bubbly teenage girl.

Earth Angel- A new solo for Linda Danvers. Follows Linda struggling to balance her responsibilities as a single mother to Ariella as well as her duties as an Earth-born angel.

Empress: A solo book for Anita, co-starring Slobo. Would be able to focus on both Anita's magical abilities as well as get the New Gods involved thanks to her having a piece of the anti-life equation inside her.
    I like all of these particularly your Misfit idea. I could really get into a Gemworld book like that.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

BANNED

It would be nice if there were a market for all that, wouldn't it?

Monster City: A slice of life book starring Zara the Ifrit, Deilan Peng the Green Snake, Medusa the Gorgon, Arachne the Spider, Belylioth the Demon Queen and Doris the Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    Doesn't need to be. It's just ideas.

BANNED

oh my gOoOOooOOd

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    a series called Return to Gemworld, a darker more intricate take on Amethyst and the mythology of the faerie realm
    I like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Well I like this too.

Fantasy is a broad term.
    Is Moore's Swamp Thing fantasy? Or is that strictly horror?

If Gotham By Midnight could be labeled (urban) fantasy and Gotham Academy (YA) fantasy. Those are two of my favorite fantasy books by DC in the last few years.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Adventure Comics- A team book that focuses on the cast of the Aquaman family; Aquaman, Mera, Tempest, Aqualad, Tula and Dolphin. This would mainly take place throughout the seven seas and would deal with the magic side of Aquaman's world. Make it very adventure like where they discover new places, magic and creatures. Would also reintroduce Arion, Poseidon and Neptune.

Bloodwynd- Solo title for the character, Bloodwynd. Re-establish for the Rebirth universe, making him his own character. Background would still be the same but since this character has a lot of unknown history I would go into detail on who he is and his decendants.

Is that your idea for a DC fantasy book?

Sometimes people just like to talk about ideas they're interested in, or things they would personally enjoy seeing, without diving into how likely it is to "succeed" - which really can't be perfectly predicted in advance anyway.
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

Like many others here, I would like to see a Gemworld series - one where the world-building is a little more thoroughly thought-out, which covers more of the world than just Amethyst and her concerns, and which sets it up as an ongoing site of interest in the DCU, like Themyscira and Atlantis are at their best (as opposed to being aimed at a Gemworld-wide semi-cosmic conflict that destroys their whole civilization or Gemworld itself).

A Doctor Fate series could be good.

I prefer Blue Beetle as mystical rather than interstellar.
    Last edited by Doctor Bifrost; 03-06-2018 at 01:24 AM.
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

Red Circle - A book for DC's mystic villains

Black Adam - Leader

Circe

Baron Winters

Jeannette

Black Alice

Brother Blood

Felix Faust

I think the Gaiman curated Sandman line is a good start for DC fantasy books, but there are lots of other possibilities.

I'd love to see something done with Starfire I...

featuring a strong female lead who is a warrior woman leading a rebellion against some kind of oppressor in a swords and science setting, maybe adding elements of planetary romance-a earth women cast into a strange world where she discovers all she is capable of.

Maybe do something with Arion (perhaps a new take on the Atlantis Chronicles) and/or Skartaris (though Warlord has never felt right without Mike Grell being on board in some fashion or other).

I'm not sure if DC retains the rights to Arak or whether Roy Thomas kept them when the series was done at DC, but a new take on the shamanic native American warrior exploring the dark age setting of Europe has a lot of strong storytelling possibilities.

A new Madame Xanadu series, more in line with the sensibilities of the Matt Wagner series from Vertigo than what they did with her in JL Dark.

Ideally, I'd like to see them do something along the lines of Ink and Zoom, OGN by some established fantasy writers using DC properties, with 2 lines, a young adult fantasy line and more adult fantasy line (a la Gaiman's curated line but not Sandman specific). Fantasy is probably a bigger seller in the YA market and in the broader book market (where Potter books and that ilk dominate the YA market and stuff like A Song of Fire and Ice, the Dresden Files, etc. draw in older readers) than in the direct market and it would be a chance to get new eyes of readers who may not specifically be comics readers on stuff in comic format that can create new customers and grow the overall market. There's a lot of untapped potential there.

-M
    Last edited by MRP; 03-06-2018 at 01:40 AM.
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.
    Nice tag line!
    Doctor Bifrost