Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Ystina_(New_Earth)_003.jpg

Shining Knight. It always sucked to me how dc rarely had any books that took place in different time periods. Unless it was an elseworlds. And come on. How often is Celtic mythology touched on in comic? It's always greek and egyptian.

And would Camelot 3000 count as fantasy?
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Secret Six
    A team of mercenary/spies, The group consists of,

Grifter
    Catman
    Unknown Solder
    Enchantress
    Savant
    Resurrection Man

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Black View Post
    Ystina_(New_Earth)_003.jpg

Shining Knight. It always sucked to me how dc rarely had any books that took place in different time periods. Unless it was an elseworlds. And come on. How often is Celtic mythology touched on in comic? It's always greek and egyptian.

And would Camelot 3000 count as fantasy?
    If you're interested, Liam Sharp's Batman and Wonder Woman mini series deals with Celtic mythology.

Mending the Heavens

A student of the Wu Xi Academy, Xiang Po has mastered the mystical power of Earth one of the five elements. When the five stones of the goddess Nüwa are stolen, Xiang must combat the forces of evil and make new allies to restore them to their rightful place.

Written by Gene Yang

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Bring back Demon Knights

Also a medieval fantasy Batman featuring
    The Dark Knight
    The Red Squire
    The Night Prince
    Red Hood The Executioner
    The Jester and Harlequin
    Enchantress Ivy
    The Jungle Cat Queen
    Ra's Al Ghul The Immortal
    Demon Queen Talia
    Royal Prince Robin
    ...and more

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Bring back Demon Knights
    Came in here to say this. And put Hawkman and Hawkgirl in it this time, too. With their newly revamped history, it only would make sense now.

And on that note, below are two drawings of Hawkman and Hawkgirl by Joe Prado that I procured years ago on eBay. They depict the Hawks as they would've appeared in Demon Knights, presumably before DC decided to go in a different direction with the characters for the New 52.

Talk about a missed opportunity. I loved that book anyway, but throw in the Hawks and it would've been epic.
    Batman: I need your help finding a man named Vulko.
    Hawkman: You want him dead or alive?
    - Justice League #17

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    Came in here to say this. And put Hawkman and Hawkgirl in it this time, too. With their newly revamped history, it only would make sense now.

And on that note, below are two drawings of Hawkman and Hawkgirl by Joe Prado that I procured years ago on eBay. They depict the Hawks as they would've appeared in Demon Knights, presumably before DC decided to go in a different direction with the characters for the New 52.

Talk about a missed opportunity. I loved that book anyway, but throw in the Hawks and it would've been epic.
    Oooh yes! They'd fit right in!

Black Adam by Greg Weissman

Neron: Lord of Hell by Greg Rucka

Aztek - In Mexico, a young Nahuatl activist, named Atl Chapula, tries to keep her home from being exploited by crooked business men. The discovery of an unusual mask that resembles Quetzacoatl finds her in a conflict among the Aztec pantheon of old.

Anyone know of any writers who know a lot of Atec myth? That's who I'd put on the book.

Amazing Member

I'd like for a comic series based off the TV show Legends of Tomorrow. I think it would be fun to send a group of DC characters through history and time. Maybe not the same exact line up. Possibly this could be Booster Gold and Skeets being the leaders? Or Rip Hunter picking the characters up against his father's wishes? I'd include characters like Orphan, Wonder Girl (or one of the other forgotten Young Justice characters), Captain Cold, Vixen, and whoever else.

But maybe this would be more of a Sci-fi book, not fantasy lol. Woops.

Seven Solders Of Victory

Mr. Miracle
    Big Barda
    Klarion The Witch Boy
    Resurrection Man
    Animal Man
    Guy Gardener
    Red Hood

DC should make a mystic/fantasy imprint since they seem to be throwing away money at making imprints anyway.

I don't have any ideas for straight up fantasy but on the outlier, I think a Dark Titans book would be cool, just as we have a Justice League Dark book, a book focusing on the teens and basically our next generation of heroes fighting against threats most don't think about (let alone believe is real ...especially in this world of science) is needed and would help expand the world our magic characters are involved in.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Bring back Demon Knights

Also a medieval fantasy Batman featuring
    The Dark Knight
    The Red Squire
    The Night Prince
    Red Hood The Executioner
    The Jester and Harlequin
    Enchantress Ivy
    The Jungle Cat Queen
    Ra's Al Ghul The Immortal
    Demon Queen Talia
    Royal Prince Robin
    ...and more
    I would actually read this.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Usagi View Post
    Seven Solders Of Victory

Mr. Miracle
    Big Barda
    Klarion The Witch Boy
    Resurrection Man
    Animal Man
    Guy Gardener
    Red Hood
    This is a thread for fantasy type books.

I'd do a team book of DC's existing Medieval figures, including a good number that haven't been seen in years. I'd include:

1. Shining Knight (Sir Justin)
    2. Silent Knight (who was retconned to be a previous Hawkman life, if I recall)
    3. Valda the Iron Maiden
    4. Jason Blood/Etrigan
    5. Arak, Son of Thunder
    6. Stalker
    7. Klaw the Unconquered
    8. Artemis

I know some fudging will have to occur to make the dates line up, but given the magic/time traveling elements that are normally in play in the DCU, I don't see that being a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    This is a thread for fantasy type books.
    I thought it meant "fantasy cast teams you'd like to see."