Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Has there ever been any stated connection between the Shadowlands and the Land of Nightshades? That's a realm that isn't explored much.

A team up between Donna Troy, Khalid Nassour and Sandy Hawkins.
    I don't think there has been, that I recollect. I'd be up for a story that dives into that with Nightshade, Shade, Obsidian, and Simon Culp. Besides those four I'm not remembering who else can control darkness/shadow besides Shadow Lass/Umbra.

I might even throw Phantom Lady (Stormy Knight - my favorite version) into the story, by having her built technology that taps into the "darkforce" with her Black Light Bands weapons.

I think Raven can do something with her "soul self" though she didn't have that ability until the 2003 Titans cartoon.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    An Elseworlds take-

Archaeologists Kent Nelson and Carter Hall, along with their scientific adviser Ray Palmer (or Ryan Choi) set out on an expedition into the lands within the hollow Earth; i.e. the realms of Skartaris. Along they way they find a magical helm, a set of Nth metal wings, and a chunk of White Dwarf meteorite that grant them wondrous powers as they explore this lost world of swords, sorcery and dinosaurs. Round out the expedition's cast with a few more familiar faces (maybe funded by business tycoon Oliver Queen who takes up a bow in Skartaris, a bodyguard physical/military type of some sort (maybe John Stewart or Travis Morgan) in charge of expedition security...brand it as justice League Skartaris if it helps sales.

-M
    This is a great idea!!!

BANNED

Maybe there could be ONE fantasy book published as a recurring mini, with a rotating cast of characters.

Claw The Unconquered - Bring back the John Chan version from "Primal Force", a modern man (i.e. more relatable and hey - diversity) cursed with a demon hand. So little has been done with the character and history the past several decades, just build a whole new mythology around it (especially where / who that hand came from). You can introduce a lineage of others who have possessed the claw (or the opposing claw) etc, and tie it into other DC fantasy elements. (i.e. Etrigan) Personally I like the idea that he would have ties to the fantasy realm but as a warrior who is touched by magic - magicians themselves never appealed to me, personally. And of course the struggle to overcome his own anger and controlling the demon hand is familiar heroic journey stuff.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 03-13-2018 at 07:56 AM.

I was thinking of making the Wonder Twins space elves. Gemworld is a mystical planet so maybe Exxor could be one too.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 03-13-2018 at 09:40 AM.

Zoraida: Power Girl's elf friend revolving around environmentalism and magic.

Tsaritsa: A mini series with the Queen of Fables as the villain protagonist and deals with other fairy tail characters.

Nightshade
    : Eve Eden returns to her home realm to deal with unrest.

Sigrid Nansen (Icemaiden) - Sigrid Nansen begins her journey to earn the favor of Skaši (sometimes anglicized as Skadi, Skade, or Skathi) Jotun goddess of winter.

I like the Gemworld ideas. Amethyst would be nice with maybe Rebecca Guay or P. Craig Russell on art.

If Warlord's not tied to just Grell, I'd bring him back in a Sword and Sandal epic. It would be set up like the original Legends of Dark Knight series, with arcs of semi-self-contained stories by different artists. 'Warlord in the Valley of Fire", "Warlord and the Queen of Feithera", "Warlord vs. The Hounds of Hades".

And Arion could use a revival.

And with DC bringing back the Elseworlds concept, I'd wouldn't mind seeing a proper Aquaman: Sword of Atlantis that isn't hampered by competing with fans of superhero Aquaman. Let them have both!
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    a series called Return to Gemworld, a darker more intricate take on Amethyst and the mythology of the faerie realm
    Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Misfit: Princess of Gemworld- Rather than do yet another Amethyst reboot, this book would showcase Charlie's days as a princess of the Ruby house up until the day her family was murdered and she was sent to Earth. Dark high-fantasy and Song of Ice and Fire esque political intrigue, all from the perspective of a bubbly teenage girl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I am on board with all the Gemworld ideas. They could even do it as a prequel to Amethyst and not even have her appear until the end. Really set up the 12 houses of magic and establish the alliances and who is hostile to who. The whole world is based on magic so that alone would bring in so many mystic DC characters for story potential. I would like them to keep one thing from the Nu52 Sword of Sorcery book, and that is Eclipso's ties to Gemworld. If done right Gemworld could be a Game of Thrones type story with Eclipso in the role of the Night King just biding his time until he can unleash total chaos on Gemworld again.
    Decided to check this thread out because why not and damn, these sound great. Especially in conjunction with each other. I'm actually a little sad right now because I got excited just from my imagination alone, lol. Imagine a new line of Gemworld comics the way we got the Sandman Universe line or the way Bendis is taking over Superman right now. With multiple books, it'd actually have more of a 'Song of Ice and Fire' feel with there being several storylines going on all at once.

Koryak - a mini series with Koryak dealing with both Inuit myth and human enemies. Features Nuliajuk as the main villain.

Primal Force - A comic revolving around DC's "Nature's Guardians". Enemy will be the Rot.

Members
    Koryak
    Vixen
    Black Orchid
    Ya'Wara
    Isis
    Miiyahbin Marten
    Animal Man
    Swamp Thing
    Zoraida and her brother Jace
    Last edited by Agent Z; 04-10-2018 at 04:24 AM.

Dracula's Castle

An anthology series of different encounters with Dracula.

Sandman Mystery Theatre

Revolves around Sandy Hawkins.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Lords of Order and Chaos. I series that would focus on the mythology between the 2 groups. The series would also feature various characters that have connections to the lords like Hawk and Dove, Amethyst, and Arion. The series would show past adventures and introduce new elements in the struggle between the 2 sides.

BANNED

Batman retitled into Batman: Sword Of The Bat

So... Bruce and Selina are on their honeymoon, in one of the Wayne private jets, when some freakish storm forces them down. They just barely manage to get out of the plane before it explodes with all of their gear still in it.

They start to explore their surroundings and run into dinosaurs.

They're stranded in Skartaris. No Wayne money, no Bat suit, no gadgets or toys, no Bat-family. Runs for three years until the original writer gets tired of it and moves on, and the next writer runs it into the ground in 6 months.

Of course none of this affects Batman's appearances in Detective Comics, Justice League or whatever.