Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Doctor Smith is creepy

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Skeleton View Post
    The original Dr. Smith was so outrageous that he cracked me up. He was pretty much the scene stealer. I remember going to a horror/sci-fi con several years back in which they had the living cast members of the original show appearing together and had a Q&A later on. I remember hearing that Bill Mumy flirted the idea of playing the new Dr. Smith if they ever did another reboot and he even did the voice too which was awesome. I would've got behind that idea, but a missed opportunity.
    Dr. Smith always seemed a little light in the loafers anyway, so having Dr. Smith as a woman doesn't really seem that much of a stretch.

On episode 6 and love it. Please, please, please renew this.

This show is fantastic and everything I wanted in a modern take on this classic show. I’m trying not to burn through it but it’s so good!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    This is the first I heard of this remake!
    I heard about it ages ago when it was announced (like 2014 or earlier), and have been waiting for like forever. It took them sooooo long to even release a trailer for it after it was done filming.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Doctor Smith is creepy
    I don’t think I have ever hated a fictional character more. Wow the actress does an outstanding job, every time she is on screen I get nervous.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

I know this is Lost in Space but the background stuff is really interesting and I wish got more focus. Like how Earth is going to shite now those parts with the family still at home were all gold to me.
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashFreak View Post
    I don’t think I have ever hated a fictional character more. Wow the actress does an outstanding job, every time she is on screen I get nervous.
    Oh, yes. This is Dr. Smith is what the original would have been were it serious instead of campy.
    Power with Girl is better.

I'm 7 eps in, and I'm enjoying it. I didn't really have any expectations going in, but I like it.

There is some occasional dumb ass writing, though. The fuel section, specifically.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    That's unfortunate since she's probably the most interesting character on this show. It was a great performance imo
    I have nothing against Parker, but i didn't find her performance particularly unique. Personally; as far as her character goes, if i had the information that the audience have of her, i would blow her brains out as fast as i could. It was kinda annoying that Judy didn't see her lying through her teeth about Don. Parker's mustache twirling performance was a little too much to be a believable lie. lol

BTW doesn't the show reminds anyone else of the awesome Earth 2?
    Last edited by Madam-Shogun-Assassin; 04-18-2018 at 12:23 PM.

Standard update where the family had to be at each other's throat to create drama. Wasn't really that interesting.

Only seen 1 episode the family seems interesting. I'm liking it so far. I don't know they're names but Flint from Black seas and Mrs Garret from Deadwood are really good here so is there random Black daughter(without spoilers is there a reason for this?)

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    so is there random Black daughter(without spoilers is there a reason for this?)
    From a previous relationship

at the end of the next season (or even the finish of the series), they should have a side character end up on the Land of the Giants planet. I really want to see what they'd do with the clear ripoff "doctor smith" character on that old show.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    From a previous relationship

I really liked that part. Alot of kids get adopted by their step mom or dad. Really cool to see
    The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-MEN with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels.