Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

F**k. Yes.

More excited for this than I am Bendis-Supes.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

I’m in.

I doubt there was huge demand for this book but what does that matter? One of my favourite books in the last few years was Tom Kings Vision and I doubt there was a huge clamouring for that. Same for his Mr. Miracle, which is also awesome.

I’ve not yet read Lemire’s Moon Knight run but he received a lot of praise for his tact and deftness when dealing with mental issues. That should stand him in good stead.

Outside of the first mini series it seems like no one has liked anything about this character.
    Umm... I liked his other two mini-series... Glad to see he's back

Astonishing Member

The sentry has always irritated me because I keep waiting for him to step up to the mark as a hero

Then he crashes out or voids out

The moments he does step up are fantastic

This could be great

Blue Marvel and Hyperion are around, but we're getting a Sentry series? I hope Thor kills him again.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

I don't see why its a on going and not a mini

Mighty Member

Phase 4 MCU Sentry film?
    I hope not.

There are multiple iterations of the Sentry that I like. But, the movies at their best will be able to do a passable take on the Bendis/Deodato iteration. (And, like Bendis/Deodato. But, that was not the best iteration of the Sentry as a character.)

It is nice to see Lemire on a Marvel book again (even if he's also still writing for DC).
    Who cares if he is writing for DC? We still get a Sentry series. And, Marvel and DC have to compete a little harder with each other for fans and talent. (We win this fight no matter what.)

What do you mean he’s not a Superman rip-off? He has the same powers and a cape!
    100% unoriginal, 0 differences.
    (Sarcasm lol)
    Never ruin a good fantrum.

Blue Marvel and Hyperion are around, but we're getting a Sentry series? I hope Thor kills him again.
    Hyperion and Sentry are two different types of character. Hyperion is traditionally a more direct Superman riff (knock-off). Blue Marvel is an older, but still traditional, Superman riff. The Sentry is a more stylized riff on modernizing/back-writing Silver Age characters.

(And, given that two series featuring Hyperion have failed since "All New All Different" started, it is unlikely that Marvel will push the character again for a while.)

Marvel, celebrating true, heroic heroes.
    Not every character needs to be heroic.
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

I mildly liked his first stories. Some I never read. I don't know if I could have dealt with him having an affair with Crystal.

I didn't like him much in the New Avengers. He wasn't horrible, but mostly I was still in the "how could Bendix do this to Wanda" mode, so he was the least of my problems. And I admittedly liked Spider Woman becoming more of an Avenger.

But.... I really liked Sentry in the Uncanny Avengers story from several years ago with Kang and the Apocalypse twins. Loved that arc!

I'll give it a shot
    We need better comics

Mighty Member

Marvel Fans when marvel moves new creators to existing titles:

"Lol, this isn't a fresh start, these are all the same old characters. All Old All Same Marvel hasn't learned anything. I'll come back when you offer something new."

Marvel releases a new solo starring a character who hasn't had an ongoing in years

"Lol, who asked for this?"

Ultimate Member

I’ll read this.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Danileriver23 View Post
    Marvel Fans when marvel moves new creators to existing titles:

"Lol, this isn't a fresh start, these are all the same old characters. All Old All Same Marvel hasn't learned anything. I'll come back when you offer something new."

Marvel releases a new solo starring a character who hasn't had an ongoing in years

"Lol, who asked for this?"

I didn't see it coming

To be fair I've never imagined the sentry had the interest to warrant an ongoing, another mini maybe

Now a blue marvel series would really interest me

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

I'll read if only to count the number of issues that go by before Sentry has a feat. Maybe that's the title? "Sentry: Because you smell feats and so do we!"

BANNED

Great! Now my 2nd most anticipated title, right after Immortal Hulk!!

Mighty Member

I really don't understand the hate for the sentry. Sure, he is overpowered, but he si more a Marvelman knock-off than a Superman: he is not perfect, has a real flaw... with the right writer (not Bendis) he can be really interesting !
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !