Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Default Classic Thor vs Juggernaut

Back when the thunderer was one of the few heroes who could beat Juggy in a duel.

I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

ah those were the days...

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    Tom Defalco's run is underrated.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    Notice also he fought mostly with his fists and he only used Mjolnir to remove Juggy's energy shield.

Current Thor wouldn't even find the bathroom without that chunk of Uru.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    Tom Defalco's run is underrated.
    Vastly so imo

Makes current Thor look even more pathetic imo

I so miss real thor

BANNED

he beat him recently too
    it was a stronger than usual juggernaut as well

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    he beat him recently too
    it was a stronger than usual juggernaut as well
    True, however the showing itself was fairly pathetic for both parties involved.

Thor was getting beaten like a drum, had zero power without his hammer and nearly died by falling on some random spikes, then he called for all the knock-off hammers he made and started breaking them on Marko's face until he went down.

"Juggernaut vs Thor", an era when Marvel still had respect for Thor. I know that statement would likely get "eye rolls" from writers. But there was a time when Thor was Marvel's (subtle?) analog to Superman. Thor going toe to toe with Cain Marko was more indicative of that era.
    Last edited by Cronus; 12-20-2019 at 06:38 PM.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by underfist View Post

Thor was getting beaten like a drum, had zero power without his hammer and nearly died by falling on some random spikes, then he called for all the knock-off hammers he made and started breaking them on Marko's face until he went down.
    As far as I’m concerned Thor lost this fight. Physically he got his ass handed to him. Juggy tossed him around like he was a rag doll. Thor always had a fight on his hands with the Juggernaut. Even when Thor negated his force field Juggernaut held his own. Thor even paid him a compliment. They should be evenly matched physically.

The indignity to Thor was when the Immortal Hulk cracked his melon wiping the floor with him and the entire Avengers.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    As far as I’m concerned Thor lost this fight. Physically he got his ass handed to him. Juggy tossed him around like he was a rag doll. Thor always had a fight on his hands with the Juggernaut. Even when Thor negated his force field Juggernaut held his own. Thor even paid him a compliment. They should be evenly matched physically.

The indignity to Thor was when the Immortal Hulk cracked his melon wiping the floor with him and the entire Avengers.
    Being fair Hulk and Thor used to be evenly matched, then Hulk got a permanent increase in power on Sakaar (which made him the physically strongest hero on Earth, according to his bio), so it makes sense they no longer are even.

Astonishing Member

Thor, hulk, juggernaut should all be a test for each other, and in terms of a pure brawl I have no issues with any winner, so long as it's a good showing all round

Imo juggernaut is the villain hulk (well at least when hulk isn't that)

They are all in the same weight class for me it only become difficult to read when Thor draws on the huge range of other powers he had and they don't show he is much more than just a blunt instrument brawler

The hammer negating the force field was a class move, if only for a few more seconds

And when Thor pushed him back with the god blast

That was magnificent
    Last edited by kilderkin; 12-21-2019 at 03:53 AM.

Being fair Hulk and Thor used to be evenly matched, then Hulk got a permanent increase in power on Sakaar (which made him the physically strongest hero on Earth, according to his bio), so it makes sense they no longer are even.
    That’s where Thor’s hammer comes in. It was always the equalizer. Juggernaut has his force field. It’s enough to make the Hulk earn his heavyweight title.

His base line strength according to his bio is higher. But I mean, so what? Hulk's main deal, "the madder Hulk gets, the stronger he gets". I think Hulk Annual 15 features Gray Hulk beating the (Tyrannus controlled) Abomination by getting really, really angry.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    His base line strength according to his bio is higher. But I mean, so what? Hulk's main deal, "the madder Hulk gets, the stronger he gets". I think Hulk Annual 15 features Gray Hulk beating the (Tyrannus controlled) Abomination by getting really, really angry.
    He also destroyed a meteor twice the size of Earth, despite being less powerful than green hulk.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Ha Ha. To be fair Thor got Whorf'd a lot so the climax of the fight would pay off. Like he got bodied by a Spider-Man robot.
    "Cable was right!"