Page 1 of 33 1234511 ... LastLast

Exclamation 'THE SENTRY' From Jeff Lemire & Kim Jacinto

Marvel Announces 'The Sentry' From Jeff Lemire and Kim Jacinto (Exclusive)

Spinning out of the Sentry’s surprising appearance in Doctor Strange, writer Jeff Lemire (Moon Knight) and artist Kim Jacinto (Avengers: No Surrender) will launch a brand new Sentry series starring the powerful Marvel hero.

The Sentry series will pick up some time after Sentry’s appearance in Doctor Strange. “Bob will begin to reconnect with the rest of the Marvel U again,” Lemire says. “In fact, our series will start a few months after the events in Donny Cates' Doctor Strange, and Bob will already be reintegrated into the Marvel Universe a bit more.”

The Sentry #1 goes on sale in June.
    More info in the LINK provided.
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Man Marvel just will not let this mess of a character die will they. Do they really have that bad of Superman-envy that they have to keep trying to make there Superman knock off happen? Outside of the first mini series it seems like no one has liked anything about this character. All the forced retcons sliding him into every major heroes life just has not worked.

I guess it's nice to see Marvel attempting something a little out-of-the-box again even if I'm not sure this will be the point where Sentry is finally able to catch on.

It is nice to see Lemire on a Marvel book again (even if he's also still writing for DC).

Phase 4 MCU Sentry film?

Guardian of the Universe comicstar100's Avatar

A Sentry series nah pass......wait it is written by Jeff Lemire? Well played Marvel I'm in.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Man Marvel just will not let this mess of a character die will they. Do they really have that bad of Superman-envy that they have to keep trying to make there Superman knock off happen? Outside of the first mini series it seems like no one has liked anything about this character. All the forced retcons sliding him into every major heroes life just has not worked.
    The thing is, he's not really much of a Superman knock off. Yeah, they have a lot of the same powers and similar looks, but really Sentry is a very very different character. In a lot of ways, he's as different a character from Superman as you can get. Sentry is a very very messed up character, and that allows for some unique stories under the right writer.

He's a tricky character to use for a variety of reasons, and he might be difficult in an on-going. But his mini's have been pretty good.

Not interested and I doubt it will survive too long time. Like, who cares about Sentry? And almost every work of Lemire at Marvel has been extremely mediocre, he is better in DC.

I'll give this a shot.
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven

Niffleheim

It's Lemire, i'll give it a pass.

Incredible Member

I like Lemire so I definitely will give it a try.

That's good news. First character from Fresh Start that I want to read about in a solo.
    Let's see what Lemire can do with him.

I'll give it a try. Has he met Hyperion?

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    The thing is, he's not really much of a Superman knock off. Yeah, they have a lot of the same powers and similar looks, but really Sentry is a very very different character. In a lot of ways, he's as different a character from Superman as you can get. Sentry is a very very messed up character, and that allows for some unique stories under the right writer.

He's a tricky character to use for a variety of reasons, and he might be difficult in an on-going. But his mini's have been pretty good.
    What do you mean he’s not a Superman rip-off? He has the same powers and a cape!
    100% unoriginal, 0 differences.
    (Sarcasm lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    It's all part of the master plan. Now that Bendis is poised to destroy the original man of Steel, Marvel will try to show us how it's done. I'd rather they'd use Hyperion, though.

Peace

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    It's all part of the master plan. Now that Bendis is poised to destroy the original man of Steel, Marvel will try to show us how it's done. I'd rather they'd use Hyperion, though.

Peace

Marvel, celebrating true, heroic heroes.