Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Hyperion is waiting for his reality to be restored. he's not a 616 hero. he and Zarda can return there whenever Reed Richards gets his stuff together.
    He is a 616 hero as much as Miles Morales is. I don't know what you're on about.

Quote Originally Posted by Harsh Lesson View Post
    He is a 616 hero as much as Miles Morales is. I don't know what you're on about.
    you're assuming that I consider Miles to be a 616 hero. Marc isn't attached to this reality; unless we're talking about the zebra people. he could easily go elsewhere.

you're assuming that I consider Miles to be a 616 hero. Marc isn't attached to this reality; unless we're talking about the zebra people. he could easily go elsewhere.
    You're presuming that your opinion is relevant. Marcus Milton and Miles Morales are both active heroes of the 616 universe. The end.

Quote Originally Posted by roni190 View Post
    2) The complete BULLSHIT line spouted every freaking time he appeared about "having the power of a million exploding suns". Really?!? You expect us to believe he can unleash the power of a million Supernovas (an event where a star emits more energy in a single instant than it had in it's entire life span and destroying every planet and celestial body within a 1/2 a light year) yet have a hard time lifting a helicarrier by himself. Look I get comics are fiction/fantasy but don't brag that your pet creation can wipe out a million damned star systems all at once then expect us to believe that there's anything that can give him a challenge. With that power level he could wipe out the Celestials with a sneeze.
    Were we supposed to take that tagline literally?

I didn't think the Sentry *actually* had the power of a billion exploding suns, merely that his powers were vaguely solar based and he was very powerful. Like how we say the Flash is the "Fastest Man Alive" even though he's slower than Zoom, Reverse Flash, Savitar, evil-future-blue-armor Flash, John Fox, etc.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Also, in a world with the Sentry running about, what future is there for Marcus Milton?
    Well, Sentry is more of a Marvelman proxy, and is crazy as a bag of cats.

Hyperion is more of a straight-up Superman proxy, and at least as of Hickman's Avengers, was a pretty well adjusted, good person.

Plenty of room for both, I would think.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Well, Sentry is more of a Marvelman proxy, and is crazy as a bag of cats.

Hyperion is more of a straight-up Superman proxy, and at least as of Hickman's Avengers, was a pretty well adjusted, good person.

Plenty of room for both, I would think.
    After leaving the Avengers, Hyperion revealed some character defining socio-emotional issues. He left his team all together and began driving a commercial truck....

You're presuming that your opinion is relevant. Marcus Milton and Miles Morales are both active heroes of the 616 universe. The end.
    where is Hyperion active?

where is Hyperion active?
    The 616 Universe. He’s even had a mini series and a team book. Oh, and he was an Avenger.

The 616 Universe. He’s even had a mini series and a team book. Oh, and he was an Avenger.
    i'll ask one more time. where is he active?

I think he's being a trucker right now.

Quote Originally Posted by roni190 View Post

2) The complete BULLSHIT line spouted every freaking time he appeared about "having the power of a million exploding suns". Really?!? You expect us to believe he can unleash the power of a million Supernovas (an event where a star emits more energy in a single instant than it had in it's entire life span and destroying every planet and celestial body within a 1/2 a light year)
    I would like to adress this point of yours, since you've listed it as a reason why you dislike the Sentry... But viewing it in such a light is completely wrong. It's actually more like this:

The Sentry is schizophrenic. That's pretty much the main core of the character. A schizophrenic person hears and sees things, which aren't there. A schizophrenic person also believes things, which aren't necessarily the case. The first set of symptoms are hallucinations, the second set are delusions. There is something called "delusions of grandeur". That's where a person thinks way too highly of themselves. There are schizophrenics, who believe, that they're gods. It's a mental illness, which really, really, really makes them believe, that they're gods.
    And when you see the Sentry talking about how he has the power of a million exploding suns... or that he is better than Jesus... that the power of the universe is his... that he is omnipotent and immortal... That's all him being delusional.

You can't tell me that's not interesting. That is suuuper interesting.
    And it becomes even more interesting, when you realize, that Sentry's power set is actually the ability to change reality on a molecular level.
    When Sentry hallucinates and believes, that the Void is in front of him, he creates an actual entity. When the Sentry is delusional and believes to be the Void himself, he actually transforms into the Void. Hooow is that not interesting?

And then it also becomes the question of how powerful the Sentry really is. Does Sentry really have the power of a million exploding suns? We don't know. He hasn't displayed such destructive output yet, but he defeated the Molecule Man on panel and fought Galactus to a standstill off-panel. So I think it's very safe to say, that Sentrys upper levels of power are insanely high.

He was also killed from one of Thor's lightning bolts....

Also, in a world with the Sentry running about, what future is there for Marcus Milton?
    Unless Lemire decides that Sentry is a truck driver too, I don't think it should be too much of a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Enzeru View Post
    I would like to adress this point of yours, since you've listed it as a reason why you dislike the Sentry... But viewing it in such a light is completely wrong. It's actually more like this:

The Sentry is schizophrenic. That's pretty much the main core of the character. A schizophrenic person hears and sees things, which aren't there. A schizophrenic person also believes things, which aren't necessarily the case. The first set of symptoms are hallucinations, the second set are delusions. There is something called "delusions of grandeur". That's where a person thinks way too highly of themselves. There are schizophrenics, who believe, that they're gods. It's a mental illness, which really, really, really makes them believe, that they're gods.
    And when you see the Sentry talking about how he has the power of a million exploding suns... or that he is better than Jesus... that the power of the universe is his... that he is omnipotent and immortal... That's all him being delusional.

You can't tell me that's not interesting. That is suuuper interesting.
    And it becomes even more interesting, when you realize, that Sentry's power set is actually the ability to change reality on a molecular level.
    When Sentry hallucinates and believes, that the Void is in front of him, he creates an actual entity. When the Sentry is delusional and believes to be the Void himself, he actually transforms into the Void. Hooow is that not interesting?

And then it also becomes the question of how powerful the Sentry really is. Does Sentry really have the power of a million exploding suns? We don't know. He hasn't displayed such destructive output yet, but he defeated the Molecule Man on panel and fought Galactus to a standstill off-panel. So I think it's very safe to say, that Sentrys upper levels of power are insanely high.
    During World War Hulk Spidey mentioned that Sentry was the most powerful being in the galaxy (Saying that because Black Bolt was defeated by the Hulk, though I think it was revealed later that Black Bolt is a Skrull? Dunno), and when Sentry was fighting Hulk, Ben mentioned that Sentry was unleashing the power of a million exploding suns, so it's not just Sentry's delusion, other characters seem to believe this as well.

I don’t understand your question, nor your point. You stated that you didn’t consider Hyperion a 616 hero, I disagreed. Whether or not Hyperion is actively on a team has nothing to do with your original statement.

After leaving the Avengers, Hyperion revealed some character defining socio-emotional issues. He left his team all together and began driving a commercial truck....
    Ah, this must have been his short-lived solo right?

I had to pass on that due to budget restrictions, and haven't seen it in trade yet. If I may ask, what are these socio-emotional issues?

I was really hoping they werent gonna turn Hyperion evil. It was fun with the earlier versions but I was really digging on the "universal refugee Superman" concept Hickman was spinning.

If I want a emotionally unstable and half-crazy Superman ripoff.....we have the Sentry, who is far more interesting than any "evil for the sake of it" Superman proxy.

~ Black Panther.