Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post

I just wanted to ask: Does anyone else feel like the timing on this is really weird?
    No, the timing is actually perfect and I don't think that it has anything to do with Bendis. It's more about cross-promotion, which is always huge in media:

1. Sentry and Void got implemented into the rather successful mobile game "Marvel: Contest of Champions" few weeks ago. I think there was quite a bit of traffic surrounding them. They had two events going on for them. I don't know how much money they made. But the developers supposedly messed Sentrys viability in the game up, while Void is a viable character. There was quite a bit of bitching from the player base, that Sentry was a trash tier character in game and that he should get immediate buffs. For a majority of reasons. Even after the developers said that they weren't going to revisit his in game viability anytime soon, people still kept complaining and demanding for buffs. So people care a lot.

2. Sentry was also announced as a card for the Marvel card game "Legendary". I didn't read up all too much on that topic, because there isn't much information, but it seems that there might be more to him than just him being a playable card. I think they might make an event out of it or something like that. No idea how that card game works, but I've read that there might be something special.

3. Sentry was announced for the Doctor Strange comic book and appeared in a couple of issues. Those issues sold surprisingly well. Now the question is if the Sentry played a big part in that, or if he was one of the reasons and the main selling point being Loki and his Sorceror Supreme status. It's also always quite a bit about traffic and what people say on social media. But I do think that there was quite a bit of talk, which then also played a part in the green-lighting of the Sentry solo series.

4. And last but not least... I would assume that Jeff Lemire simply had a good and interesting idea. They wanted to do a book to see how the sales will go (and I personally will be buying 3-4 copies of every single issue) and looked for a creative team. And with Lemires pitch / story idea wanting to take the Sentry and the Void into a new direction and develop their characters and relationship... I wouldn't be surprised if the Marvel editorial immediately agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post

This should be interesting to see all things considered. I'm a big fan of Sentry. Alas I never really read Age of Sentry though.
    Oh boy, you missed out on something. "The Age of the Sentry" is amazing.
    Last edited by ENTRYS; 03-21-2018 at 12:26 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Enzeru View Post
    Oh boy, you missed out on something. "The Age of the Sentry" is amazing.
    Yeah the bits I HAVE seen certainly looked great. Loved that that version was brought in for Contest of Champions.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    Yeah the bits I HAVE seen certainly looked great. Loved that that version was brought in for Contest of Champions.
    It's super fun and deeply underrated. I think if they'd released it earlier before the full Sentry fatigue had set in it would've fared a lot better.

Frankly, Age of the Sentry is the kind of thing they SHOULD have done way earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    I don't disagree. Like I said, it feels weird but I think Lemire's pitch for the character and the possibility of a Cinematic MU version of the character needing more to drawn on are probably the bigger things.
    Is it weird that I want Brad Pitt to play the Sentry?

I mean, twenty years ago no one would've questioned that sorta fan-casting. But now I like the idea even more that Pitt looks a little older and more worn.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post

Is it weird that I want Brad Pitt to play the Sentry?
    I mean, twenty years ago no one would've questioned that sorta fan-casting. But now I like the idea even more that Pitt looks a little older and more worn.
    No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No and no.

I understand the appeal of Brad Pitt due to his name and let's be honest here... due to his incredibly handsome looks (from the movie Troy like 15 years ago)... but the man is around 55 years old by now. He would have back pain during every action sequence. He has like 8 adopted kids and a couple of real kids or something - I'm sure he wants to be for there for them as much as possible. So he would probably not be willing to sign a 3 movie deal with a bunch of guest appearances in other movies.

We need a young, yet talented actor, who doesn't have a big name yet - and is willing to sign any contract just to appear in the MCU and boost his name. Why not Chris Hemsworths brother Liam? He has the looks.
    I think that Rob Schneider with a blonde wig could pull it off as well. LUL

it would have to be someone who wouldn't look ridiculous with long blonde hair. it's harder to pull off than one might think.

Spectacular Member

No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No and no.

I understand the appeal of Brad Pitt due to his name and let's be honest here... due to his incredibly handsome looks (from the movie Troy like 15 years ago)... but the man is around 55 years old by now. He would have back pain during every action sequence. He has like 8 adopted kids and a couple of real kids or something - I'm sure he wants to be for there for them as much as possible. So he would probably not be willing to sign a 3 movie deal with a bunch of guest appearances in other movies.

We need a young, yet talented actor, who doesn't have a big name yet - and is willing to sign any contract just to appear in the MCU and boost his name. Why not Chris Hemsworths brother Liam? He has the looks.
    I think that Rob Schneider with a blonde wig could pull it off as well. LUL
    Ummm you dismiss Brad Pitt as being too old then recommend Rob Schneider who is the same age and in a lot worse physical condition? I'm confused.

probably too old now. but 'Lost' era Josh Holloway would have been my live-action choice.

Thing for me is that Bob isn't exceptionally attractive /unless/ he's the Sentry. Bob himself should look average and middle aged. The Sentry shouldn't. Finding an actor who can pull this off right will be harder than it looks.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 03-22-2018 at 05:48 PM.

McCauley Culkin (sp?) should play Bob. then all we need is to cast the Sentry. Justin Kucsulain (Walking Dead) maybe?
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 03-22-2018 at 06:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    McCauley Culkin (sp?) should play Bob. then all we need is to cast the Sentry. Justin Kucsulain (Walking Dead) maybe?
    Or just one guy who can really pull off a Christopher Reeve level job. xD

(Oh, the irony..)

Quote Originally Posted by roni190 View Post
    Ummm you dismiss Brad Pitt as being too old then recommend Rob Schneider who is the same age and in a lot worse physical condition? I'm confused.
    Well, I'm sure he said Schneider in jest.

But yeah, Pitt's old. Quite possibly too old. Slightly older than Downy in fact, who's about to finish his run. So an extended contract of ten years and nine films is probably asking a lot. But the man can act when he wants to, and he could (at least in theory) pull off both Bob and Sentry, and I think if he found the right hook for the Void, that could be quite good too. And Pitt being a little older might add some weight to his character. If Bob's been in a cycle of "remembering-then-forgetting" for years, he shouldn't look too young and unscathed. The character might benefit from a few extra miles.

I'm sure there are better options out there of course, but I still think Pitt could pull it off with the right people behind him.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

SENTRY #2

https://i.imgur.com/lncp5qg.jpg

JEFF LEMIRE (W) • KIM JACINTO (A)
    Cover by BRYAN HITCH

Someone or something has invaded Sentry World, and now Bob Reynolds finds himself in a race against the clock to try and stop the mystery invader before he can unravel everything the Sentry has worked so hard to build. But if Bob fails, the Void will be set free and the Marvel Universe will be torn apart. Can the Sentry save the day, or has Bob failed once again to contain the monster within?

BANNED

SENTRY #2

Cover by BRYAN HITCH

Someone or something has invaded Sentry World, and now Bob Reynolds finds himself in a race against the clock to try and stop the mystery invader before he can unravel everything the Sentry has worked so hard to build. But if Bob fails, the Void will be set free and the Marvel Universe will be torn apart. Can the Sentry save the day, or has Bob failed once again to contain the monster within?
    Looking good, imo!

SENTRY #2

Cover by BRYAN HITCH

This makes me more hyped!