Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

It is certainly not what I was expecting.

Very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Enzeru View Post
    SENTRY #2

https://i.imgur.com/lncp5qg.jpg

JEFF LEMIRE (W) • KIM JACINTO (A)
    Cover by BRYAN HITCH

Someone or something has invaded Sentry World, and now Bob Reynolds finds himself in a race against the clock to try and stop the mystery invader before he can unravel everything the Sentry has worked so hard to build. But if Bob fails, the Void will be set free and the Marvel Universe will be torn apart. Can the Sentry save the day, or has Bob failed once again to contain the monster within?
    Interesting! This sounds very promising.

I think the reactions to Bob's melt down in the background of the cover art are really, really interesting. People ignoring it, checking their phones, laughing.

Could mean a lot of different things, depending on what's meant by 'Sentry World'. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    I think the reactions to Bob's melt down in the background of the cover art are really, really interesting. People ignoring it, checking their phones, laughing.

Could mean a lot of different things, depending on what's meant by 'Sentry World'. xD
    Obviously no one except the people at Marvel knows anything about the story, but from the hints, bits and pieces we've read so far, I feel like it could be something along the following lines:

Let's be honest here for a second: SENTRY VOL 2 was a very, very complex (unnecessarily convoluted actually) comic. Explaining everything in full detail and an understandable manner takes multiple paragraphs.
    But basically in SENTRY VOL 2 the Sentry was pretending that the Void was imprisoned inside the Watchtower. He tricked Bob into believing it and Bob subconsciously made it happen. But then something went horribly wrong and the Void appeared outside the Watchtower.
    So in SENTRY VOL 2 Sentry and Bob were "kinda working against each other".

In SENTRY VOL 3 the description makes it somewhat clear, that we're still dealing with 3 personas: Bob, Sentry and Void. And it sounds like now Sentry and Bob are working together.
    Sentry World might be an elaborate illusion inside of Bobs mind, where Sentry and Bob are pretending that the Void is locked inside the Sentry World. That way you could link it to the description of the first issue, where Sentry helps people at night and Bob keeps the illusion up during the day to keep the Void in check.
    But now there seems to be an invader. Cranio maybe? God, I hope so! Maybe Cranio managed to science his way into Bobs mind / illusion. Maybe Sentry World is an entirely new dimension and Cranio managed to enter it through a portal or something.

Maybe Sentry World is everything we've seen inside the THE AGE OF THE SENTRY book.
    Maybe Sentry World is whatever Doctor Strange locked the Void in. How else did the Void get out again? Was the Void ever held back by Doctor Stranges prison in the first place, or did Sentrys mind simply summon him back?

So many questions and so many days left until the first issue comes out.

I top hope Cranio is behind this.

First look at Sentry #1 and the alternate cover:

https://i.imgur.com/dgxA6FX.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/8DISCgX.jpg
    Scans from: Marvel Universe Magazine #1

Jeff Lemire teams with rising star Kim Jacinto to bring back the Sentry! But does his return truly make the Earth a safer place, or will his dark side reappear and plunge the world into the Void?
    Last edited by ENTRYS; 04-19-2018 at 01:00 PM.

Huh! Is it just me or is the comic book panel on the bottom right side of that page a throwback to a panel of the Void coming out of Sentry's back in Siege?

The interior art looks good from the small previews we can see above. Suprisingly can’t say the same for the Hitch covers. They look rushed/nowhere near his best work.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Man Marvel just will not let this mess of a character die will they. Do they really have that bad of Superman-envy that they have to keep trying to make there Superman knock off happen? Outside of the first mini series it seems like no one has liked anything about this character. All the forced retcons sliding him into every major heroes life just has not worked.
    DC has introduced a Hulk, Spiderman, Fantastic Four(Probably Punisher and Ghost Rider) This is my opinion on it,once it is done good who cares. The Superman concept works and Marvel doesn't have one why not have your version.

From what I have seen from Sentry they have captured the power level of Superman perfectly so when they have use Sentry as powerhouse it has worked, The human side they haven't managed to make people care as much. I am looking foward to the book I like Sentry but they need to make us care about Bob.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 04-20-2018 at 12:05 AM.

I really wish I had photoshop skills so I could photoshop the poster of What About Bob to be about Sentry and the Void XD

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    DC has introduced a Hulk, Spiderman, Fantastic Four(Probably Punisher and Ghost Rider) This is my opinion on it,once it is done good who cares. The Superman concept works and Marvel doesn't have one why not have your version.

From what I have seen from Sentry they have captured the power level of Superman perfectly so when they have use Sentry as powerhouse it has worked, The human side they haven't managed to make people care as much. I am looking foward to the book I like Sentry but they need to make us care about Bob.
    If we're going to be honest DC and Marvel always "copied" each other since the 70s.

But yea I'm pretty sure its Cranio behind it all when its comes to the issue 2 description.

If it's Cranio, I hope that they update his look.

Invincible Member

Just read Gideon Falls #1-2 and Black Hammer: Age of Doom and I'm even more excited to see Jeff Lemire take on Sentry. I don't care about seeing Sentry fight the Hulk or Terrax or whatever, I really want to see Jeff play with the retro silver age/bronze age aspects of the character and deal seriously with Bob's psychological issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    If it's Cranio, I hope that they update his look.
    Yeah because his current appearances looks straight out of the 1950s. lol.