Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Sentry and Cranio.jpg

I thought his 'modern' look here was fine. Also, I feel like that and the description of sentry #2 are pretty close.

If it's Cranio, I really look forward to seeing Jacinto's version.

^^Nope he still imo needs a slight revamp in his appearance. If anything he should list more twisted/disturbing.

Sneak peak at the Sentry #1:

https://i.imgur.com/liWyOKj.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/EjeMvJT.jpg

Sentry #1 will be released on the 27th of June!

My thoughts on the preview are in my Sentry Respect Thread on the KMC boards: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/s...hreadid=606430

I'm excited, one of my favs who was done so wrong in his last stint

Looks... interesting.

Very curious!

I really hope Lemire delves deeper and explains how the Sentry's molecule powers really works and what is exactly the limits to them.

Quote Originally Posted by KidStranglehold View Post
    I really hope Lemire delves deeper and explains how the Sentry's molecule powers really works and what is exactly the limits to them.
    Trying to explain how Sentry's powers work is difficult at best, I mean even as far as comic book powers go. It would really be cool if the guy could get a handle on his agoraphobia/schizophrenia.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    Trying to explain how Sentry's powers work is difficult at best, I mean even as far as comic book powers go. It would really be cool if the guy could get a handle on his agoraphobia/schizophrenia.
    Its not really that hard.... Bendis hinted that his powers are connected to his mind. Lemire should explain how his mental illness impacts his molecule powers and where his molecule powers come from. He can explain that his mental blocks limits his molecule powers similar to Owen Reece. More importantly I would NEED Lemire or SOMEONE to explain how the SSS gave him molecule powers and these other abilities. The SSS that Sentry took(which was more advanced) has cosmic background?

Honestly, I think Lemire might be able to address his mental illness and some of how his powers work.

If he actually decides to? Whole other question.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Honestly, I think Lemire might be able to address his mental illness and some of how his powers work.

If he actually decides to? Whole other question.
    I think he will especially if the solo drags on more than 10-18 issues.

I think he will especially if the solo drags on more than 10-18 issues.
    See, that feels like the "Gotcha!", to me.

Lately, Marvel has been pretty merciless when it comes to cancelling things that are not working. Factoring that reality in, I don't know if it happens early on. If it doesn't, they might not have a "More Than" later on.

New preview for Sentry #1:

Comicbook.com has released a new exclusive preview for the first issue of the upcoming Sentry on-going series:

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/05/...omics-preview/

https://imgur.com/a/sMa8EqK

The preview features 4 colored pages without the lettering. Some of the pages we already know, but there are also new pages, which reveal characters like Scout and Watchdog. The preview even reveals the Sentress, who we saw in the (as of yet) non-canon limited series "The Age of the Sentry".

Scout was Sentrys sidekick, who got his arm ripped off by the Void and had to retire. Watchdog was Sentrys super-powered canine, whose real name was Normie. When Normie got too old to fight crime, Sentry replaced him with a super-powered robot dog. The Sentress was Carol Danvers, before she became Ms. Marvel. In "The Age of the Sentry" story she had lost her Sentress powers by the end of the limited series.

The Sentry will be released on the 27th of June. Preorder it, buy it! I've already preordered three copies.

Some of the art is really nice. Other individual images kinda leave me going 'what is up with his face'. xD

I am just in love with the art in this series. I constantly keep looking at the preview images. lol. No way a comicbook with amazing art like this doesn't make it past 10 issues. Kim Jacinto has some amazing talent. Us Sentry fans are in for a treat. Sentry has got to be the most consistently best drawn character in Marvel.

Also I hope the "Sentry family" because a permanent part of the characters mythos and aren't put in limbo or killed off. Yes... Yes... I know they always existed i.e Scout, Watchdog and Sentress but ever since being put in the mainstream Marvel continuity they were NEVER used once... By Bendis and other writers.

I am just in love with the art in this series. I constantly keep looking at the preview images. lol. No way a comicbook with amazing art like this doesn't make it past 10 issues. Kim Jacinto has some amazing talent. Us Sentry fans are in for a treat. Sentry has got to be the most consistently best drawn character in Marvel.
    There is no way in hell Kim Jacinto stays for 10 issues. Drawing comics takes a lot of time - especially when you have such a detailed style as Jacinto has. Look at his characters. There are shadows, lines, veins, crosshatching and whatnot absolutely everywhere. Drawing that takes a long time. I'm afraid that we'll lose Jacinto by issue 4 or 5.

Also I hope the "Sentry family" because a permanent part of the characters mythos and aren't put in limbo or killed off. Yes... Yes... I know they always existed i.e Scout, Watchdog and Sentress but ever since being put in the mainstream Marvel continuity they were NEVER used once... By Bendis and other writers.
    I also doubt that the Sentry family will stay around for long. It's probably just a small, little part of the Sentry World, which will either be in Sentrys mind or an alternate dimension. Look at Scout. He has both of his arms. The 616 version had his arm ripped off by the Void. In the worst case scenario those Sentry family pictures are just flashbacks, but in a perfect world, that would establish parts of "The Age of the Sentry" as canon. Everything in that story can't become canon due to major differences like for example Matt Murdock (Daredevil) not being a lawyer, but a comissioner instead.

In the Sentry scripts I wrote back in the day I had written it so, that "The Age of the Sentry" was canon, but that we only knew about it, because Sentry turned it into a comic book. So he put his own memories into the memories of Paul Jenkins, who wrote the Sentry comics. I mean, that's what we also saw in the comics. But the thing with memories is, that they don't really exist. When you remember something, your brain actually forms that memory again. That's also why remembering things keeps getting harder and harder as the years pass. You simply start forgetting how things actually really were and you remember things incorrectly / form them incorrectly. And with Sentrys constant mind wipes to protect the world from the Void, you would make "The Age of the Sentry" canon in general, but you could also explain why certain things are slightly off... Like for example Matt Murdock having the wrong profession.