Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Enzeru View Post
    There is no way in hell Kim Jacinto stays for 10 issues. Drawing comics takes a lot of time - especially when you have such a detailed style as Jacinto has. Look at his characters. There are shadows, lines, veins, crosshatching and whatnot absolutely everywhere. Drawing that takes a long time. I'm afraid that we'll lose Jacinto by issue 4 or 5.

I also doubt that the Sentry family will stay around for long. It's probably just a small, little part of the Sentry World, which will either be in Sentrys mind or an alternate dimension. Look at Scout. He has both of his arms. The 616 version had his arm ripped off by the Void. In the worst case scenario those Sentry family pictures are just flashbacks, but in a perfect world, that would establish parts of "The Age of the Sentry" as canon. Everything in that story can't become canon due to major differences like for example Matt Murdock (Daredevil) not being a lawyer, but a comissioner instead.

In the Sentry scripts I wrote back in the day I had written it so, that "The Age of the Sentry" was canon, but that we only knew about it, because Sentry turned it into a comic book. So he put his own memories into the memories of Paul Jenkins, who wrote the Sentry comics. I mean, that's what we also saw in the comics. But the thing with memories is, that they don't really exist. When you remember something, your brain actually forms that memory again. That's also why remembering things keeps getting harder and harder as the years pass. You simply start forgetting how things actually really were and you remember things incorrectly / form them incorrectly. And with Sentrys constant mind wipes to protect the world from the Void, you would make "The Age of the Sentry" canon in general, but you could also explain why certain things are slightly off... Like for example Matt Murdock having the wrong profession.

Good post and agreed.

Sentry #3 variant cover by Noto.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BirjRQuh58o/

Jeff Lemire audio interview here. He talks about Sentry at around the thirty minute mark and talks a little about his plans for the character. Very cool stuff. Give it a listen if you're on the fence about the book or even dislike the character.

http://www.fortressofcomicnews.com/n...cn-ep-71-links

(Apparently later than I thought in the audio! Sorry guys!)
    Last edited by Tendrin; 05-16-2018 at 09:24 PM.

August Solicits reveal we were right.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    August Solicits reveal we were right.
    Tony is going to be in it. I'm really looking for them to getting together again.Tony is coming back from a coma, Bob is back from the dead and they were good friends before they had their bad luck. I really hope they act like buddies because Tony has and deals with mental issues as well. Stark looked out for Bob being in the tower. I hope Bob remembers that.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 06-20-2018 at 11:34 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

I covered all the new news in my Respect Thread over at the KM boards:
    http://www.killermovies.com/forums/s...&pagenumber=13

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Tony is going to be in it. I'm really looking for them to get together again.Tony is coming back from dying, Bob is back from the dead and they were good friends before the had their bad luck. I really hope they act like buddies because Tony has and deals with mental issues as well. Stark looked out for Bob being in the tower. I hope Bob remembers that.
    Nah man, they were no buddies in the end. The correct way to handle their story, is to tackle it from Wonder Mans perspective. Few years ago Wonder Man gathered a group of empowered people and attacked the Avengers, blaming them for their missteps. He mentioned Sentry as one of those missteps and how Sentry was a powerful, yet mentally ill man. He said that Iron Man promised the Sentry everything would be fine, yet he took advantage of him and in the end the Avengers killed him.
    If you think about it, Sentry didn't want to participate in the Civil War, yet Iron Man went after him and pushed him into fighting other heroes. Sentry also didn't want to participate in the Silent War, yet Iron Man tried pushing him into fighting the Inhumans. And then Iron Man completely failed and Norman Osborn took control over S.H.I.E.L.D. and manipulated the Sentry, who at that point needed guidance, instead of more manipulation.

The Sentry is a tragic character, who has constantly been taken advantage of and Iron Man was one of the people on top of that list. If they don't acknowledge that in the comics, then it's them ignoring continuity.

Nah man, they were no buddies in the end. The correct way to handle their story, is to tackle it from Wonder Mans perspective. Few years ago Wonder Man gathered a group of empowered people and attacked the Avengers, blaming them for their missteps. He mentioned Sentry as one of those missteps and how Sentry was a powerful, yet mentally ill man. He said that Iron Man promised the Sentry everything would be fine, yet he took advantage of him and in the end the Avengers killed him.
    If you think about it, Sentry didn't want to participate in the Civil War, yet Iron Man went after him and pushed him into fighting other heroes. Sentry also didn't want to participate in the Silent War, yet Iron Man tried pushing him into fighting the Inhumans. And then Iron Man completely failed and Norman Osborn took control over S.H.I.E.L.D. and manipulated the Sentry, who at that point needed guidance, instead of more manipulation.

The Sentry is a tragic character, who has constantly been taken advantage of and Iron Man was one of the people on top of that list. If they don't acknowledge that in the comics, then it's them ignoring continuity.
    What did Wonder Man actually say? Because all I remember was that he said that they 'waited for Sentry to blow up in their face'.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post

What did Wonder Man actually say? Because all I remember was that he said that they 'waited for Sentry to blow up in their face'.
    https://i.imgur.com/hmq0Sk2.jpg

Tony didn't fail Bob. Osborn got a hold of him and that was Bob's downfall. Now you can say Tony failed and put Bob in a position to get Bob then yeah, but I don't see were Tony didn't look out for Bob. People think that Tony manipulates everyone and he doesn't.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 05-24-2018 at 11:12 AM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

It was because of Tony that Sentry almost destroyed Manhattan or worse the planet during world war Hulk.

Quote Originally Posted by KidStranglehold View Post
    It was because of Tony that Sentry almost destroyed Manhattan or worse the planet during world war Hulk.
    He got Bob's help with the Hulk because he needed it and Bob's an Avenger. What he wasn't supposed to call on him?!?! Plus Sentry's powers were supposed to calm the Hulk down. Using some one is the definition of what Osborn did to Bob. Not Tony.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 06-20-2018 at 11:37 PM.

Sentry #4 solicit.

With his mind and both worlds he inhabits being ripped apart, Sentry comes face to face with one of his oldest enemies, and his only salvation may be his damaged ex-sidekick, Scout.
    Scout! I am glad that Sentry is getting a supporting cast.

Amazing Member

I hope the series goes well. Sentry is by far my favorite character. I thought the New Avengers run and the MU all the way up to Seige was the most interesting time.

I love that there was one hero who had a mysterious power set that was possibly beyond even some cosmic entities. It was super exciting to see him go up against the Galacus herald (I know him well my mind is doing that "weird forget thing?) and just smash him so easy.
    I always hoped he would face Thanos, Galactus and stuff like that.
    I hope he gets his job back on Avengers.

I'm definitely tired of re-reading the Dark Reign era and the Mighty Avengers.
    I think having a character suffer from depression/anxiety is fine and can make for a good story and way to keep his power in check. But they definitely should not have him act like a confused child?
    That isn't what mental illness usually does. You don't get really stupid. You just struggle with pain and feeling anxious and don't want to do stuff except stay in bed.

Sentry should be as important as Superman in DC.

Lemire said that Cranio was a 'lot of fun'. Judging by the dialogue he has in there, I agree. "I AM THE MONARCH OF MENTALITY!'

Ahahahahah.