Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Things have certainly escalated!

This book has so much going for it. Grade A.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Just read issue #4.

OMG!

This was /great/. Lemire is doing a fantastic job with the Sentry and it's a shame this only getting five, from what we've seen so far. I want to see where he's going from here!
    I'm not shocked, I always sort a assumed it might be a stealth mini. I'm sure Marvel will wait to see what kind of trade orders they get before they decide if they bring Sentry back for a true ongoing or not. Having said that, this hasn't been a bad approach to the character at all. It would be nice to see who ever takes over ( if not Lemire) continue with the idea of Bob as a man struggling to keep his psyche together.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

I’ve not read the latest issue yet but this book has been great so far. Was really disappointed to find out it’s not an ongoing. Hopefully it puts Sentry back on the map and Marvel follows up on this mini with another project.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

So I guess it got downgraded? That hurts. With this latest issue it had become my favorite ongoing...

Just read issue #4.

OMG!

This was /great/. Lemire is doing a fantastic job with the Sentry and it's a shame this only getting five, from what we've seen so far. I want to see where he's going from here!
    I've just finished reading the last issue and I agree with you it was amazing!!!!! I admit I didn't expect that ending and I hope Lemire will be able to wrap up everything and finish this mini on a good note

Also I really like the design of the:

spoilers:
    All New Sentry
    end of spoilers

I can't wait for the last issue!

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    I've just finished reading the last issue and I agree with you it was amazing!!!!! I admit I didn't expect that ending and I hope Lemire will be able to wrap up everything and finish this mini on a good note

spoilers:
    All New Sentry
    end of spoilers

Neither can I. I'm irritated about the lack of official statements about its ending, but I'm really happy with what Lemire has done so far.

I like how Lemire has explored the character. Also like Iron man's
    spoilers:
    Sentrybuster
    end of spoilers
    Interesting twist at the end. But with the ending of the series I smell an unfortunate outcome.
    Last edited by Thor-Ul; 09-26-2018 at 08:26 PM.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    I like how Lemire has explored the character. Also like Iron man's
    spoilers:
    Sentrybuster
    end of spoilers
    Interesting twist at the end. But with the ending of the series I smell an unfortunate outcome.
    spoilers:
    I mean, it's possible, but I'm not sure that you /should/ cast self-actualization and acceptance in a negative light by having it end on a tragic note.
    end of spoilers

I really hope Lemire gets to move on from here but he hasn't mentioned Sentry on his twitter in weeks.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 09-26-2018 at 09:48 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post

spoilers:
    All New Sentry
    end of spoilers

Currently i am really enjoying some new solo comics which are among Ewing's Hulk and Sentry but Sentry is taking the edge i must say , i hope Lemire writes more for Sentry like he did with OML and Ewing is already busy with the Defenders whose roster is really cool and op compared to current Avengers roster

spoilers:
    I mean, it's possible, but I'm not sure that you /should/ cast self-actualization and acceptance in a negative light by having it end on a tragic note.
    end of spoilers

I really hope Lemire gets to move on from here but he hasn't mentioned Sentry on his twitter in weeks.
    Maybe he was asked to keep it "clean and quiet". Or maybe he has been too much occupied with other projects.

spoilers:
    It is not tragedy what I am afraid about.
    end of spoilers
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Maybe he was asked to keep it "clean and quiet". Or maybe he has been too much occupied with other projects.
    I was wondering that myself, especially given his comment about That What Shall Not Be Named.

Invincible Member

I was wondering that myself, especially given his comment about That What Shall Not Be Named.
    Is this an upcoming Comics project or are you referring to something that we specifically don't talk about on CBR?

Mighty Member

I was seriously considering adding this series to my pull-file.

And, what is this un-namable thing.
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

So is red & grey supposed to be a hero? Villain?

That color scheme...
    You thought I was Sentry, but it was me, spoilers:
    Young Magneto!
    end of spoilers