Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 ... LastLast
    Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Say what??? Possible spoilers here. You've been warned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2jBRNz96Zc
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Bruh. This is a solo cuz Sentry is going to Cotes' Guardians of the Galaxy.
    Pulling:
    Batman, Detective Comics, The Sentry, Mister Miracle, Venom

Is this confirmed or it is speculation? I checked in others sites and there are not updates in the Guardians including Sentry... yet.

Anyway, I can see this as possible. The last issue left me with the sensation than Sentry

spoilers:
    will leave earth because h has grow too powerful to live there or something like that.
    end of spoilers
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Is this confirmed or it is speculation? I checked in others sites and there are not updates in the Guardians including Sentry... yet.

Anyway, I can see this as possible. The last issue left me with the sensation than Sentry

spoilers:
    will leave earth because h has grow too powerful to live there or something like that.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Well ur not wrong but his fused version has killed Billy and left Earth with quite a different avatar version of void or sentry , more or less an anti-heroish type
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Vishop; 10-24-2018 at 08:18 AM.

I'm shocked. And guessing than Tendrin is going to be very dissaponted. Not by the art or the story per se, but by the outcome.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

I'm shocked. And guessing than Tendrin is going to be very dissaponted. Not by the art or the story per se, but by the outcome.
    Naw. While I prefer Bob's human struggles and workday life being part of the character, Bob as the heart, I thought it was fine, bittersweet ending. I suspect we'll be seeing the New Sentry again before too long but it frustrates me that this was ONLY five issues. I want to know what Lemire has planned.

I would not be shocked to see him show up in Coates' Guardians run at all at some point. He is a fan.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 10-24-2018 at 12:49 PM.

BANNED

Well i liked his new character though , more or less like an anti-heroish ,like Venom imo . I will be really hyped if they make another Sentry series , it would be really good if Cates portrays him in his GOG .
    The ending of the issue was quite bitter though but that's how antiheroes are portrayed in comics, aren't they ?
    Last edited by Vishop; 10-24-2018 at 01:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Naw. While I prefer Bob's human struggles and workday life being part of the character, Bob as the heart, I thought it was fine, bittersweet ending. I suspect we'll be seeing the New Sentry again before too long but it frustrates me that this was ONLY five issues. I want to know what Lemire has planned.

I would not be shocked to see him show up in Coates' Guardians run at all at some point. He is a fan.
    That would be interesting, if they don't make him the villian of the issue.

Do you have the feeling than Lemire had more in mind but he had to wrap up everything in one issue?

Spectacular Member

This mini-series was really, really good. It feels like someone has finally washed the bad-taste left by the previous mishandling of the character away. I'm so disappointed that this was only a limited series: Lemire seems to really "get" the character, and this new status quo is really exciting.

I really hope we get another mini or something soon. The setup is great, but the new status quo still needs to be defined a bit more. My biggest fear is some hack writer glomping on to this new Sentry again and reducing him to some sort of two dimensional villain role, or having him repeatedly rip off his face again like Remender always had him do, etc.

PLEASE MARVEL - this was such a great start, don't stop with this character now!

That would be interesting, if they don't make him the villian of the issue.

Do you have the feeling than Lemire had more in mind but he had to wrap up everything in one issue?
    It seems likely. Lemire has been oddly silent about the whole thing.

Some additional thoughts on the latest issue in the spoilers.
    spoilers:

I think Billy was plainly dying from the serum and that Bob knew he couldn't be saved. I mean, he's melting progressively and that's why Bob snapped his neck. I suspect, given the Sentry's own immortality, it's not as if Billy can't return.

The way Bob talks, it's clear he has the experiences and feelings of the Void as well as his own. He refers to Sentry World as 'a mind prison meant to trap me'. IT was, of course, meant to trap the Void.

This Sentry seems more self-actualized, which is great! He's been a very reactive and passive character up to now, so this is a good change of attitude for him

end of spoilers

BANNED

Gotta say this was a bit disappointing that it wasn't a self contained story and seemed closer to a set up.

I was rather disappointed.

spoilers:
    I was hoping the crazy would be gone.... didn't happen. And Scout killed off? Weak. He should have been restored as a hero
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    I was rather disappointed.

spoilers:
    I was hoping the crazy would be gone.... didn't happen. And Scout killed off? Weak. He should have been restored as a hero
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    The crazy isn't entirely gone, but he seems to be making rational choices and being proactive. As for Scout, Scout made his own bed -- that said, had the title continued, we'd have no doubt seen him again. Sentries have a hard time staying dead.
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Tbh sentry still seems kinda crazy, but more detached nihilistic crazy than schizo crazy.