Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 LastLast

So, Jim Zub says: No, he's not a villain. HE's just struggling and trying to find balance and that this appearance tees up another one for the Sentry elsewhere in the marvel universe. Most of Marvel's creators are pretty fond of the character. So breathe easy. Moreover, his actual appearance in the first issue of Agents of Wakanda is minimal, but we do see that the Void-demons they struggle against are well handled, and their reaction to the big reveal is pretty great.

SentryAOW.jpg

SentryAOW2.jpg

Some dang nice art, there.

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Just a question since this thread is alive again, was this run always a mini or was it planned to be an on-going originally?

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    Just a question since this thread is alive again, was this run always a mini or was it planned to be an on-going originally?
    Originally on-going but wound up ending in a rush at 5. The sales started strong but tapered off... but I'm not sure that was the reason it actually ended. The production seemed kind of troubled, and Lemire in the midst of all of it had a bunch of new possibilities open up, so it was quietly ended at 5.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    So, Jim Zub says: No, he's not a villain. HE's just struggling and trying to find balance and that this appearance tees up another one for the Sentry elsewhere in the marvel universe. Most of Marvel's creators are pretty fond of the character. So breathe easy. Moreover, his actual appearance in the first issue of Agents of Wakanda is minimal, but we do see that the Void-demons they struggle against are well handled, and their reaction to the big reveal is pretty great.
    I'm surprised at how tightly they've been keeping up with his continuity and possibilities. He might be becoming a modern cult character.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    I'm surprised at how tightly they've been keeping up with his continuity and possibilities. He might be becoming a modern cult character.
    I think he's more popular now than he was at the time of 'Siege'. By then, Bendis had pretty much wasted most of the character's early potential and was largely responsible for the backlash that followed... and now it's going to take us some time to get back there. Lemire was a step in the right direction.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 09-22-2019 at 11:58 PM.

Fantastic Member

I don't know, man. Those scans of the artwork have Bob looking pretty villainous.

Maybe he will be not a "villian", but will he be the "antagonist"/"adversary" of the story? Remember than in the Marvel universe heroes fighting heroes is pretty common.

Also experience has taught me to be weary when a writer says he loves a character.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Oh, he'll absolutely be an antagonist. His actions are creating the events of the story here after all.

Fantastic Member

So Agents of Wakanda #2 is out today but I have not had chance to get to my LCS. Any spoilers on how it turned out for our boy?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Last_Czarnian View Post
    So Agents of Wakanda #2 is out today but I have not had chance to get to my LCS. Any spoilers on how it turned out for our boy?
    He didn't look as powerful as he should be. Thor was matching him, black panther hurt him with a kick and Okoye put him in a rear naked choke hold before Fat Cobra blasted Void out of him and ate void.

It was random as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfan90 View Post
    He didn't look as powerful as he should be. Thor was matching him, black panther hurt him with a kick and Okoye put him in a rear naked choke hold before Fat Cobra blasted Void out of him and ate void.

It was random as hell.
    Yet, their descriptions of him were on par: if they fought him for long, he'd kill them all and that included Thor. all they did was buy Fat Cobra a chance to do whatever it sis he did. it's not exactly elaborated on. that said, I don't think it was the 'void' that got eaten by him. Just some of his inner demons, represented by the small void demons rather than Void himself. Bob was pretty obviously not wanting to hurt anyone but while he is whole, he is not well.

It's obviously further setting him up for whatever comes next, which will be That upcoming cosmic event.

Fantastic Member

Hmm. So despite being whole he is still unwell.

Boy. Sure hope whatever planned pay-off is in store this time around won't be another Siege style fate.

I am still definitely unconvinced at this point.

BANNED

Perhaps the fat cobra just drained the excessive negative chi energy aura of the void which was slowly becoming uncontrollable rather than the void itself.

Yet, their descriptions of him were on par: if they fought him for long, he'd kill them all and that included Thor. all they did was buy Fat Cobra a chance to do whatever it sis he did. it's not exactly elaborated on. that said, I don't think it was the 'void' that got eaten by him. Just some of his inner demons, represented by the small void demons rather than Void himself. Bob was pretty obviously not wanting to hurt anyone but while he is whole, he is not well.

It's obviously further setting him up for whatever comes next, which will be That upcoming cosmic event.
    Probably. But Okoye putting him in a choke hold hard enough to hurt him was funny as hell.