Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Harsh Lesson View Post
    Blue Marvel and Hyperion are around, but we're getting a Sentry series? I hope Thor kills him again.
    True, the dude is a murdering, messed up, milk dud and Marvel see so much promise when they have a Blue Marvel that is almost a blank slate. It just goes to show you how far behind comicbook writers are with the white guy recycle mode.

I'm not sure that Sentry is taking someoneelse's spot. this seems innocuous. I doubt that the character was forced on Lemire.

BANNED

Will it be its sentry's world we just live in it ver. 2.0?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    True, the dude is a murdering, messed up, milk dud and Marvel see so much promise when they have a Blue Marvel that is almost a blank slate. It just goes to show you how far behind comicbook writers are with the white guy recycle mode.
    I don't think it's that at all to be fair

I think it's much more they see him as their superman, imo wrongly

I also think, they think, that we think he's a big deal coz of his power level and that were interested in him for that

I find him much of a dissapointment in all honesty

how's that multiverse coming along? I bet that they could use a Sentry. get on it, Reed!

Quote Originally Posted by Danileriver23 View Post
    Marvel Fans when marvel moves new creators to existing titles:

"Lol, this isn't a fresh start, these are all the same old characters. All Old All Same Marvel hasn't learned anything. I'll come back when you offer something new."

Marvel releases a new solo starring a character who hasn't had an ongoing in years

"Lol, who asked for this?"
    LOL! Pretty much.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lordozone View Post
    I really don't understand the hate for the sentry. Sure, he is overpowered, but he si more a Marvelman knock-off than a Superman: he is not perfect, has a real flaw... with the right writer (not Bendis) he can be really interesting !
    Nothing to do with being overpowered. It's about not being well-written.

He was either this unstable, violent, weak-willed character under Bendis or the "remember the amazing new guy that was the inspiration for all heroes, the guy that took Rogue's virginity, the guy that made Ben Grimm envious due to how amazing he was, the guy that was the best friend of Reed Richards! Aint he your favorite hero?" thing under Jenkins.

Between the "90's hyper-violent hero" or "Character shilling", there was nothing much to like.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 03-10-2018 at 11:24 PM. Reason: rude

Quote Originally Posted by The Ray View Post
    Nothing to do with being overpowered. It's about not being well-written.

He was either this unstable, violent, weak-willed character under Bendis or the "remember the amazing new guy that was the inspiration for all heroes, the guy that took Rogue's virginity, the guy that made Ben Grimm envious due to how amazing he was, the guy that was the best friend of Reed Richards! Aint he your favorite hero?" thing under Jenkins.

Between the "90's hyper-violent hero" or "Character shilling", there was nothing much to like.
    but it would be just as realistic to portray Sentry in a way that occupies the middle ground. he can, literally, be anything they want him to be (because of those vastly different portrayals). I still think they could explain most of it away as the Void believing himself to be his old nemesis the Sentry. there's nothing preventing them being two separate entities.

Loki estate his opinion:
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    I don't see why its a on going and not a mini
    Isn't every series basically a mini now-a-days?

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Loki estate his opinion:
    I'm surprised that he doesn't care; given that he was forced to sacrifice himself to save Asgard from the Sentry.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    but it would be just as realistic to portray Sentry in a way that occupies the middle ground. he can, literally, be anything they want him to be (because of those vastly different portrayals). I still think they could explain most of it away as the Void believing himself to be his old nemesis the Sentry. there's nothing preventing them being two separate entities.
    I'm not sure they'll be able to achieve that. The writers have messed already too much with him and it seems that nobody at Marvel knows what to do with him and I honestly don't trust that Lemire will achieve it, as his work at Marvel has been mediocre in my opinion, from what I read in the announcement, it seems that Lemire is going with the Gary-Stue direction.

Amazing Member

Oh good. Another chance for Marvel to say "Want to see proof that we don't know how to use a Superman-level character? Here we go again!"

I found him to be one of the high points of Dark Reign. it was fun waiting for him to snap.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    I found him to be one of the high points of Dark Reign. it was fun waiting for him to snap.

Could not stand that entire period of marvel