Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Superfan90 View Post
    Probably. But Okoye putting him in a choke hold hard enough to hurt him was funny as hell.
    I thought that was silly too but I took it more as 'what the heck?' XD

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Yet, their descriptions of him were on par: if they fought him for long, he'd kill them all and that included Thor. all they did was buy Fat Cobra a chance to do whatever it sis he did. it's not exactly elaborated on. that said, I don't think it was the 'void' that got eaten by him. Just some of his inner demons, represented by the small void demons rather than Void himself. Bob was pretty obviously not wanting to hurt anyone but while he is whole, he is not well.

It's obviously further setting him up for whatever comes next, which will be That upcoming cosmic event.
    Yeah, looked like the Sentry wasn't really trying to fight back too much, and Thor seemed pretty sure they were on the losing side of things. As for Fat Cobra? Looked to me like he only ate a small bit of the negativity plaguing the Sentry's senses, as the Sentry claimed he still needed to get used to his "new state," implying he was still merged with the Void, as opposed to being cleansed of the Void (not that any cleansing actually lasts).

Oh, dang. Should've hit the next page before I commented. lol

I'm just happy to see Bob in use. We're coming up on the 20th anniversary of his creation.

Fantastic Member

I'm just happy to see Bob in use. We're coming up on the 20th anniversary of his creation.
    Jeepers. Not to mention the 10th anniversary of his first death...

I mean, even that wasn't his first death on camera xD.

It was just the one intended to stick because Bendis had screwed the pooch so badly.

Well, as of Annihilation Scourge: Alpha, we've either got an AU Sentry, something else, or they've just junked all of Bob's character development AGAIN.

Don't know yet since I haven't read it and it doesn't sound like we're getting an answer right away either way.

Fantastic Member

Just read the article.

That the Sentry here is the Golden version I hope IS a clue that we're looking at an AU version.

Otherwise, sigh.

Golden version, talking like an extremely comic-book villain, with black speech bubbles. That's always how the Void was portrayed.

Fantastic Member

I really hope so. Fed up of Void Bob always being the go-to.

Fantastic Member

Yep. Looks like any development in the last Sentry mini is to be binned in favour of Bob being a villain again.

Definitely should have left him be back after his first series.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Last_Czarnian View Post
    Yep. Looks like any development in the last Sentry mini is to be binned in favour of Bob being a villain again.

Definitely should have left him be back after his first series.
    Seems that way based on what we've seen so far but we'll just have to wait and see. I'm not thrilled with Bob already trying to 'get rid of the Void' again as that goes against his recent development but I can't imagine he'll be left like that by the end of the run. Here's hoping, anyway.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

I wouldn't worry about it too much. Whoever handles the Sentry after the Scourge series will set the record straight, if not take him into a better direction. Just a hunch.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I wouldn't worry about it too much. Whoever handles the Sentry after the Scourge series will set the record straight, if not take him into a better direction. Just a hunch.
    Assuming he's not written out/off again.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Assuming he's not written out/off again.
    Someone will bring him back. I think there is more than enough fan support for the Sentry that Marvel will give someone a chance to reintroduce/reinvent him.