Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I wonder if it could, but I'd guess it'll be stuff Johns develops and then people might piggyback on if popular versus him laying out the new take on or status quo on magic in the DCU.

(Regardless, I hope we go to Gemworld on the Shazam journey and Amethyst and Billy hit it off. I've been wanting to write a romance between them for years.)
    I keep hearing about her lately, I remember she had a short on cartoon network a long tine ago. Do she have her own series?

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    I keep hearing about her lately, I remember she had a short on cartoon network a long tine ago. Do she have her own series?
    She had a short lived series in the Nu52 that only lasted 9 issues called Sword of Sorcery featuring Amethyst, but it was a really good book. She also had a series in the early 80's.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I like the paying a price factor or balance factor for some magic and am definitely working that into the system I'm thinking about.

I'll admit that I'm stuck on the nature of the Thundebolt's, Mxy's, Bat-Mite's, and any natural inhabitant of the 5th Dimension's powers. While it may appear like magic on Prime Earth (or other multiversal Earths), I'm kind of leaning toward an alternate explanation for their powers that doesn't tap into the magical sources I'm defining.

I need to dive into reading some more theoretical physics to explain the Imps's abilities.
    I think it's still some form of magic: near Infinite Crisis, Supes meeted a really messed up Mxyzptlk, who could barely use magic and had memory "with more holes than Zatanna's legwear". It's possible this was due to the events of Day of Vengence, because he later found Zatanna really weakened because of that. That's just a teory tought.

In anyone's opinion, has Shazam ever been a magical character. The way I see it is he uses magic to channel divine power.

Also is there a difference in DC between Divine power (i.e. Gods etc) and Magic (Zatanna, Constantine etc)?

Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare View Post
    In anyone's opinion, has Shazam ever been a magical character. The way I see it is he uses magic to channel divine power.

Also is there a difference in DC between Divine power (i.e. Gods etc) and Magic (Zatanna, Constantine etc)?
    I pretty much put all supernatural stuff in the Magic category and that includes God Powers or invoking them.

Divine Power should be the Highest Point of power and overcome the Cost, IMO. It's just one step down from PHEMONIMAL COSMIC POWER and OMNIPRESCENCE.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    I pretty much put all supernatural stuff in the Magic category and that includes God Powers or invoking them.

Divine Power should be the Highest Point of power and overcome the Cost, IMO. It's just one step down from PHEMONIMAL COSMIC POWER and OMNIPRESCENCE.
    Thats how I always see when it comes to Divine Powers, they are really powerful mystical sources but not on the level compare to beings such as The Presence, Lucifer and The Spectre. After looking at the multiversity map, I think there should be separate sections when it comes to Archetypal Power Levels: with Absolute Power (The Presence) at being the top, Almighty Power (Lucifer Morningstar, Michael Demiurgos), Conceptual Power (The Endless, Speed Force?), Divine/Demonic Power (Deities/Demons) and then Arcane/Force Power (Sorcerers/Magicians/The Green/The Red).

Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare View Post

Shazam does count as a magical character, because he is a being of magic and power. There should be a subcategory for magic-users and magically empowered beings. EDIT: I split them up into three types.

1. Magi

Also known as Arcane, Homo Magi, Magoi, Mystic Gift and Sorcerer/Sorceress/Warlock/Witch/Wizard.

A Magi is born into a family, bloodline or sub-race with the ability to use magic as an innate talent instead of studying. They are naturally adept in using magic; if (depending on the verse) humans can learn to use magic, Magi are usually more talented and more powerful than a normal magician would be.
    Examples: Zatanna, Zatara, Traci Thirteen

2. Magically Enhanced

Humans that are empowered by magical energies, forces, items and/or beings. A Homo Magi can embed magical energy to enhance themselves and achieve this power. Humans who were not born with magical abilities but gain them through external/other means fall into that category.
    Examples: The Shazam Family, Black Adam, Animal Man, Enchantress, Dr. Fate

3. Supernatural Half-Breeds

People who were born from the union of a supernatural being and a mortal, who inherit this power from their supernatural heritage. They may gain powers associated with their supernatural parent's domain, or a domain of their own, or just powers generic to supernatural beings.
    Examples: Wonder Woman, Wonder Girl, Raven
    Last edited by Incognito; 10-05-2018 at 06:49 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan2013 View Post
    Thats how I always see when it comes to Divine Powers, they are really powerful mystical sources but not on the level compare to beings such as The Presence, Lucifer and The Spectre. After looking at the multiversity map, I think there should be separate sections when it comes to Archetypal Power Levels: with Absolute Power (The Presence) at being the top, Almighty Power (Lucifer Morningstar, Michael Demiurgos), Conceptual Power (The Endless, Speed Force?), Divine/Demonic Power (Deities/Demons) and then Arcane/Force Power (Sorcerers/Magicians/The Green/The Red).

Shazam does count as a magical character, because he is a being of magic and power. There should be a subcategory for magic-users and magically empowered beings. EDIT: I split them up into three types.

1. Magi

Also known as Arcane, Homo Magi, Magoi, Mystic Gift and Sorcerer/Sorceress/Warlock/Witch/Wizard.

A Magi is born into a family, bloodline or sub-race with the ability to use magic as an innate talent instead of studying. They are naturally adept in using magic; if (depending on the verse) humans can learn to use magic, Magi are usually more talented and more powerful than a normal magician would be.
    Examples: Zatanna, Zatara, Traci Thirteen

2. Magically Enhanced

Humans that are empowered by magical energies, forces, items and/or beings. A Homo Magi can embed magical energy to enhance themselves and achieve this power. Humans who were not born with magical abilities but gain them through external/other means fall into that category.
    Examples: The Shazam Family, Black Adam, Animal Man, Enchantress, Dr. Fate

3. Supernatural Half-Breeds

People who were born from the union of a supernatural being and a mortal, who inherit this power from their supernatural heritage. They may gain powers associated with their supernatural parent's domain, or a domain of their own, or just powers generic to supernatural beings.
    Examples: Wonder Woman, Wonder Girl, Raven
    Is celestial magic the same as divine magic. I remember in the DC universe online game that was listed as one of the powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    Is celestial magic the same as divine magic. I remember in the DC universe online game that was listed as one of the powers.
    Celestial = related to the sky and the heavenly bodies
    Divine = related to the gods

Depending on the cosmology, they might be the same, but it's far from a given. For the Greeks or the Norse they were most assuredly not the same.