Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Default As bad as the DCEU has been at times, it hasn't produced something as bad as

Thor 3. I had to stop it after 35 mins because it was so bad. Please WB do not turn the DCEU into marvel lite

BANNED

You mean Thor 2? Cause that was a bad movie and easily the worst of the MCU films (Although I'd still take it over BvS and Man of Steel). Thor Ragnarok I feel is one of the best entries in the MCU, LEAGUES above everything in the DCEU, save Wonder Woman, but even that wasn't as good.

Agreed. Thor 2 is easily the biggest turd to ever come out of the MCU (unless you want to count Iron Fist and Inhumans).
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    You mean Thor 2? Cause that was a bad movie and easily the worst of the MCU films (Although I'd still take it over BvS and Man of Steel). Thor Ragnarok I feel is one of the best entries in the MCU, LEAGUES above everything in the DCEU, save Wonder Woman, but even that wasn't as good.
    Y'know, I actually prefer The Dark World to Ragnarok on the basis that it actually felt more like a Thor movie and didn't screw over or completely drop certain characters .

Although I guess, in some ways, it did predict the direction the franchise would go with all the humor...

Thor 3 was actually really good, its not a straight Thor movie so much as a trippy marvel comedy movie
    I mean marvel has the right tone for all of their properties
    DC so far can only do Batman and Wonder Woman correctly

No I mean Thor 3. It's a bad comedy.

Extraordinary Member

By the way i think all of the mcu movies are really good.
    Some are masterpieces.
    I seen most of the dceu movies and the ones i have seen are really good too but on average the dceu movies are not as good as the mcu movies.
    The only dceu movie i have not seen all of so far is suicide squad and i plan to watch the rest later.

Chris Evans Praises Marvel's Review Streak than gets Attack for Stating the Obvious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eE_1Zjrx3vk
    Last edited by mace11; 03-06-2018 at 07:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Thor 3 was actually really good
    I mean marvel has the right tone for all of their properties
    DC so far can only do Batman and Wonder Woman correctly
    I don't think they have the "right tone" because I don't think every Superhero movie has to lean on comedy as much as the Marvel movies do, though obviously they're ridden that formula to great success.

Haha Thor 3 is easily the best thor. I also liked it more than any DCEU movie not named Wonder Woman, it's good at what it is, which is a superhero comedy.
    The first two Thors are definitely worse than any DCEU movies except Suicide Squad though.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

Quote Originally Posted by dan12456 View Post
    Haha Thor 3 is easily the best thor. I also liked it more than any DCEU movie not named Wonder Woman, it's good at what it is, which is a superhero comedy.
    The first two Thors are definitely worse than any DCEU movies except Suicide Squad though.
    I think the first Thor movie is really underatted, personally.

It's a shame the next film really didn't carry any momentum from it or Avengers, and then Ragnarok just threw everything out.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think the first Thor movie is really underrated, personally. .
    I agree, but only because of how much HATE I see it get. It isn't a bad movie, just not one that's anything special. It's predictable and certain parts are kinda cringey, but I was never bored. Hell, I'd say Loki alone makes it better than MoS, BvS and Suicide Squad. Not sure if I think it's better or worse than Justice League and it definitely isn't as good as Wonder Woman.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeCup View Post
    Thor 3. I had to stop it after 35 mins because it was so bad. Please WB do not turn the DCEU into marvel lite
    Does this mean we can add cast and crew of the last two Thor movies to the same crap pile that Seth Rogan/Johnny Depp/created with Green Hornet/Lone Ranger? No respect for source material/assuming that snark and ridicule would cover lack of vision or talent? That this went on with the OK of Feige and others at so called Marvel studios? So much for Marvel gaining control of it's own properties and making better movies. Now Captain Marvel is a comedy adventure?

Quote Originally Posted by alton View Post
    Does this mean we can add cast and crew of the last two Thor movies to the same crap pile that Seth Rogan/Johnny Depp/created with Green Hornet/Lone Ranger? No respect for source material/assuming that snark and ridicule would cover lack of vision or talent? That this went on with the OK of Feige and others at so called Marvel studios? So much for Marvel gaining control of it's own properties and making better movies. Now Captain Marvel is a comedy adventure?
    It's ok to have humorous moments in superhero movies but that shouldn't be the goal of the movie. Thor 3 had a shake weight for crying out loud.

I agree, but only because of how much HATE I see it get. It isn't a bad movie, just not one that's anything special. It's predictable and certain parts are kinda cringey, but I was never bored. Hell, I'd say Loki alone makes it better than MoS, BvS and Suicide Squad. Not sure if I think it's better or worse than Justice League and it definitely isn't as good as Wonder Woman.
    I'm surprised people seem to dislike it so much. I thought it was a pretty solid Thor movie (compared to Ragnarok which felt at times like they threw Hercules into a Thor setting and went from there).

It definitely had some predictable plot beats, as origin stories are wont to do, but I think they were executed very well.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Thor 2 actually had me fall asleep in the theater(Man of Steel did as well the first time I saw it though)