Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

@ Assam
    Oh yeah Winter Soldier and Civil War are DEFINITELY up at the top as well. Still haven’t seen Black Panther, hoping to catch it over spring break next week.
    Favorite Spider-Man film still goes to Raimi’s Spider-Man 2. In fact that film is one of my all time favorite films.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Agreed. Thor 2 is easily the biggest turd to ever come out of the MCU (unless you want to count Iron Fist and Inhumans).
    Or Iron Man 2, Iron Man 3, or Civil War

All subjective opinions. I can give mine. I thought Iron Man 2 was far better then any DCEU film except Wonder Woman, Man of Steel and Justice League. Iron Man 3 better then all except Wonder Woman. And Civil War is my favorite MCU film. Not only can it be considered among the best MCU films but it shall be in talks for the best superhero films.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 03-07-2018 at 07:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashFreak View Post
    @ Assam
    Oh yeah Winter Soldier and Civil War are DEFINITELY up at the top as well. Still haven’t seen Black Panther, hoping to catch it over spring break next week.
    Favorite Spider-Man film still goes to Raimi’s Spider-Man 2. In fact that film is one of my all time favorite films.
    I liked the younger/ultimate spin of homecoming, but yeah Spidey 2 is in the pantheon for me. Others would be TDK, Avengers 1, and Iron Man

I did not enjoy Thor 3 but as bad as it was, it cannot compare to the absolute horror show that was BvS. I'm in the minority in that I didn't think Wonder Woman was very good either but I can at least see the merit of that film, I cannot think of 1 single part of BvS that I enjoyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Then again, I also think Iron Man: Armored Adventures was a bloody fantastic show that should have gone on for years.
    I'm right there with you, and it had a great theme song.

Finally finished it. The second half was much better than the first half, but it was still the poster child of everything I dislike about Marvel movies.

Too much comedy and forgettable villains.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NeathBlue View Post
    That was a crap moment, but hasn’t it been said somewhere since that it wasn’t actually Jimmy but an agent there in the guise of being the photographer?
    No, it actually was Jimmy Olsen, who was a CIA gent instead of a newspaper photographer.

I’m not a big fan of Cap 1, as a history buff the way they depicted hydra and the nazis always bugged me just a personal pet peeve.

Other that I don’t have big issues with Marvel films. I think Guardians is overrated and Thor 1 wasn’t that good, great cast and solid performances but a weak story.

Still Marvel learns and grows from each film and has the full support of fans and executives

As for Thor 3 I thought it was phenomenal. The only nitpick I’d concede is Thor’s personality change. He’s almost an entirely different dude from the man we first met. I think the tonal shift in the movie was genius to be honest and played better for a larger audience.
    Last edited by Jabare; 03-07-2018 at 11:08 AM.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    As bad as the DCEU has been at times, it hasn't produced something as bad as -- Catwoman.
    This post wins, surely.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    Thor is a boring character and any attempt to make a movie true to Thor is going to be boring. There's a reason the best Thor film felt like it could be a Hercules movie.
    I don't think Thor is that different a character from Wonder Woman, so if she can be played straight in the movies to critical acclaim I don't see why the same can't be said for Thor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    Jimmy Olsen was shot in the head in BvS after about a minute screen time. Are you honestly arguing that the DCEU treats their characters with respect?
    That Jimmy bit was as bad as the Warriors Three deaths.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    As I have pointed out in the past, though, DCEU Lex is still closer to Luthor in the comics than the comical Donnerverse version.
    He's a lot closer to mad scientist/Post-Crisis Lex then we had gotten in the movies at that point, even if I don't think Eisenberg or the writing were really able to nail him.

So we're still left without the perfect, on-screen, Luthor in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    I've barely ever read any of Odinson's comics (hence my lack of problems with Ragnarok apparently) but I'm somewhat inclined to agree based on the little I have read(While I didn't find the first Thor movie boring, it wasn't thanks to the character of Thor). Now a JaneThor movie, there's real potential there.
    I'd find it kind of funny if we got a JaneThor movie and everyone loved it, and then I would probably just be complaining about how this should've been how they portrayed and handled the original Thor .
    Then again, I also think Iron Man: Armored Adventures was a bloody fantastic show that should have gone on for years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    I'm right there with you, and it had a great theme song.
    It's great to find others who also enjoyed Armored Adventures and it's rockin' theme song .

I also found their version of the Mandarin far more interesting and menacing then the entirety of the twist in Iron Man 3.
    Homecoming wasn't my favorite Spider-Man movie (That remains Amazing) but it was still better than the others, save "2".
    Hey, somebody else likes Amazing Spider-Man other then me .

I enjoyed Homecoming but there was a lot of things in it that prevented me from really loving it as a Spidey film, especially since I felt his portrayal there fell short of how he was handled in Civil War.

Mighty Member

Default Bad Thor

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeCup View Post
    Finally finished it. The second half was much better than the first half, but it was still the poster child of everything I dislike about Marvel movies.

Too much comedy and forgettable villains.
    I can't believe you caved. Shame on you. Just kidding.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

I don't dislike any of the MCU movies. Even the supposedly terrible Thor 2 was perfectly watchable.

The DCEU hasn't produced films as bad as:

Supergirl (the delightful Helen Slater aside)
    Superman IV - The Quest For Peace
    Batman & Robin
    Jonah Hex
    Catwoman (especially)
    Green Lantern (that one mainly due to lingering resentment as to how disappointing that film was at the time as a GL fan)

The Fantastic Four films were pretty crummy also.

Justice League and Thor: Ragnarok competed for my least favorite movies of 2017.

Justice League was poorly made and Thor seemed like a parody of everything wrong with Marvel movies.

They can both be bad.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    I don't dislike any of the MCU movies. Even the supposedly terrible Thor 2 was perfectly watchable.

The DCEU hasn't produced films as bad as:

Supergirl (the delightful Helen Slater aside)
    Superman IV - The Quest For Peace
    Batman & Robin
    Jonah Hex
    Catwoman (especially)
    Green Lantern (that one mainly due to lingering resentment as to how disappointing that film was at the time as a GL fan)

The Fantastic Four films were pretty crummy also.
    Okay... this post is now the winner.
    And I'd add Ghost Rider.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.