Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ultrarider7 View Post
    Batman already had a trilogy plus more films, was something different really that hurtful for Batman fans feelings? Same for Superman, you act like he doesn't care just for one dialogue, actions speak louder than words. Was little Clark ignoring everything around him? He saved a bus full of people, he saved construction workers, he saved Lois before even getting into that church and saying that line you are so obsessed about. He didn't even say "hey are humans worth protecting?" because now you are changing the context and making it look yet again that Clark couldn't give two craps about Earth, he said "I don't know I can trust them" and I didn't know being conflicted about something was inhuman/out of touch and if that was even true there wouldn't even be a single person, less a Superman fan, defending the damn film for like it seems an eternity, but here we are. More power to you if you hated it but just because you think of Superman in one way, it does not mean it is the correct one, that does not exist because the character will keep evolving and changing.
    Well, regardless of how these characters evolve, they should always be heroic. That's the whole point of their existence. So, when a movie has Batman, a character who is supposed to be a hero, killing over 20 people, then its NOT a good take on Batman. Even the first season of the Punisher on Netflix made Frank Castle, a character who does kill a lot in the comics, more likable than DCEU Batman.

And its not just the "I don't know if I can trust humans" bit from Superman. Although, yes, that does make him seem out of touch and inhuman. If the world was ending and you had the chance to save it, would you not immediately help out because this planet is your home and you care what happens to it? DCEU Superman has to be told to care about the planet that raised him.

But its also the fact that he seems to not even understand human custom or behavior, despite the fact that he was raised by and around humans. He acts like an outsider, but it doesn't make much sense. He needs Lois to explain sarcasm to him, he doesn't seem to have any relationships or friendships to speak of outside of Lois despite 30+ years as an Earthling, etc.
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 03-08-2018 at 11:14 PM.

BANNED

Thor 3 is polarizing.you either love or hate it.

I lean more to deslike.
    Last edited by Sandfall; 03-08-2018 at 11:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Well, regardless of how these characters evolve, they should always be heroic. That's the whole point of their existence. So, when a movie has Batman, a character who is supposed to be a hero, killing over 20 people, then its NOT a good take on Batman. Even the first season of the Punisher on Netflix made Frank Castle, a character who does kill a lot in the comics, more likable than DCEU Batman.

And its not just the "I don't know if I can trust humans" bit from Superman. Although, yes, that does make him seem out of touch and inhuman. If the world was ending and you had the chance to save it, would you not immediately help out because this planet is your home and you care what happens to it? DCEU Superman has to be told to care about the planet that raised him.

But its also the fact that he seems to not even understand human custom or behavior, despite the fact that he was raised by and around humans. He acts like an outsider, but it doesn't make much sense. He needs Lois to explain sarcasm to him, he doesn't seem to have any relationships or friendships to speak of outside of Lois despite 30+ years as an Earthling, etc.
    It's kind of weird that TV's Supergirl acts more human than the DCEU's Superman despite the fact Superman grew up on Earth and all he knows are humans while Supergirl grew up on Krypton and only knew
    Kryptonians and other aliens for the first half of her life.

Thor Ragnarok was very enjoyable. I would rate Iron Man 3 as the poorest of the MU movies.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by icctrombone View Post
    Thor Ragnarok was very enjoyable. I would rate Iron Man 3 as the poorest of the MU movies.
    With how it swapped a compelling villain for a second rate one I agree.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    That and also how Tony kept suffering from PTSD. It was a bummer.

Quote Originally Posted by icctrombone View Post
    That and also how Tony kept suffering from PTSD. It was a bummer.
    It didn't quite make sense for Tony to be suffering from PSTD when he was kidnapped by a terrorist cell and came out that pretty strong. But going into a void of nothingness scared him?

It didn't quite make sense for Tony to be suffering from PSTD when he was kidnapped by a terrorist cell and came out that pretty strong. But going into a void of nothingness scared him?
    Could it be that it all added up?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

I think it was adding up long before even the terrorists. It began with the death of his parents, which spiraled him into being a fop wasting his genius. Then Yinsin died. Then he had to kill his replacement-father. Stark is pretty much Jessica Jones with a better front.

BANNED

Yeah, they really should have stuck to their guns and have Maya be the main villain instead of Killian.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Yeah, they really should have stuck to their guns and have Maya be the main villain instead of Killian.
    I was talking about using the real Mandarin who they have been broadcasting as the main villain because I was looking forward to seeing him on the big screen and he look like such a big deal in the trailers.

BANNED

I was talking about using the real Mandarin who they have been broadcasting as the main villain because I was looking forward to seeing him on the big screen and he look like such a big deal in the trailers.
    Yeah, that was never in the cards.
    And really, the big reveal that he's just an actor is the best scene of the movie.

And really, the big reveal that he's just an actor is the best scene of the movie.
    I'm disappointed but in the short film Hail the King there is proof that there is a real Mandarin and he was not happy with Trevor Slattery. Too bad for those like me the reveal was a joke, "I am Trevor!"

Mighty Member

I agree, I thought the reveal was the best scene. I thought it was the most imaginative and interesting part of the whole movie. It surprised me and I'm hardly ever surprised by superhero movies. I really enjoyed it.