Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    yeah....I know that
    I was referring to the one true love stuff
    whether it's true or not is irrelevant, but it can't be the first time you've heard that?? It's why every time they bring in a clone or daughter or look alike or hint at a resurrection everyone loses their mind. There's always that hint of a ghost that the only reason he married MJ was because Gwen died... if she had survived, things would be very different.

Though either way... that list has both Flash Thompson and Felicia higher on the list than either of the girls so in my mind it's already void.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    There's always that hint of a ghost that the only reason he married MJ was because Gwen died... if she had survived, things would be very different.
    Conway has said that he would have broken up Peter and Gwen had Romita Sr. not hatched a scheme to kill a character to revive interest in a title that had been spinning wheels for some time (all Conway did was show that Gwen made the most sense to whack). Had that happened, i.e. Gwen lived, and she and Peter broke off...no one would ever have bought that but-for-her-death she would have been the one. That's the whole point, Gwen's death has totally redefined and overridden her character beyond recognition.

And even then, readers and writers of the time didn't buy it. I mean Roger Stern, no Peter/MJ shipper he, pointed this out:

Gwen's Stacy death made her the holy version...this ideal woman for Peter...People who say that weren't around for the whole run. They've forgotten how nasty she was. She wasn't the most stable. She'd be all lovey-dovey one moment, and then hands-off the next. She was very strange. Just prior to her death, there was a long period when they were on the outs.
    — Roger Stern Spider-Man Crawlspace Episode 37: Roger Stern Interview Pt. 2', Timestamp: 52:00 — 55:00

As did other letters...
    I never imagined you could actually kill Gwen. You have more intelligence then I gave you credit for. I fervently hope Gwen doesn't make a miraculous recovery in #122 (or in any subsequent issues). I also hope Peter doesn't mourn her too long...how long can he grieve over a person whose brain was constructed entirely out of old Pepsi bottles and whose personality had the exact color, consistency, and flavor of a loaf of Wonder Bread?
    — Jane C. Hollingsworth, Letter to the Editor, "The Spider's Web" Column, published in Amazing Spider-Man, #125
    Last edited by Revolutionary_Jack; 02-21-2020 at 07:13 AM.

My top ten...

10. "Robbie" Robertson
    9. Johnny Storm
    8. Gwen Stacy
    7. Felicia Hardy
    6. Curt Connors
    5. Harry Osborn
    4. Flash Thompson
    3. Aunt May
    2. Mary Jane Watson
    1. J. Jonah Jameson

I'm defining supporting character as someone who is part of the supporting cast at times, rather than the type of characters who might make performers eligible for Best Supporting Actor awards (something that can include recurring villains like Norman Osborn.)
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

My Top 10:

1. Ben & May Parker
    2. J. Jonah Jameson
    3. Mary Jane Watson-Parker
    4. Harry Osborn
    5. Flash Thompson
    6. Curt Connors
    7. "Robbie" Robertson
    8. Nick Katzenberg
    9. Lance Bannon
    10. Eddie Brock

so what happened to Glory Grant? She was chief of staff when Jameson was mayor, but now in the Kingpin Fisk administration she's nowhere to be seen. I suppose she was fired or reassigned to something mundane (after which she may have quit in protest). Hmm.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Comicbook.com had a list of the top ten Spider-Man supporting characters.

http://comicbook.com/comics/2018/03/...acters-ranked/

I think they got the top ones right. And in the right order.

There are some interesting omissions, although these might be characters who are also sometimes antagonists.
    1: MJ. 2: JJJ. 3: Anna Maria. 4: Joe Robertson. 5: Michelle Gonzalez. 6: Theresa 7: Aunt May. 8: Felicia. 9: Gwen ( Original). 10: Boomerang.