Did someone say tactile telekinesis? Kon come save the JL lol
    This looks like a job for...SUPERBOY!

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Am I the only one getting the vibe that Priest is poking fun at fans, the creatives and editorial all at the same time?

In a vein like "okay, everyone is right about something here, but on the other hand, let's stop being dicks"?
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

This was actually a really good issue in my opinion. Some good character moments and a good somewhat suspenseful situation solved with science. I love how Priest uses scientific theories as the basis of a lot of his plot points.

I know Cyborg’s current look is basically mocking his fans (myself included) who desperately want him to get a new design, but it is a pretty cool look. So much better than his standard silver armor. I really wish they would keep it. At least Vic got a chance to prove himself here. He came up with a plan and coordinated all the League members.

Next issue has the Black Panther doppelgänger The Red Lion beating the crap out of Cyborg. This run has been chalk full of meta commentary.
    Last edited by Robotman; 03-07-2018 at 10:48 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    This looks like a job for...SUPERBOY!

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)

Shhhh we can't call him that anymore.a 10 year old took his spot when he was taking a siesta.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    This was actually a really good issue in my opinion. Some good character moments and a good somewhat suspenseful situation solved with science. I love how Priest uses scientific theories as the basis of a lot of his plot points.

I know Cyborg’s current look is basically mocking his fans (myself included) who desperately want him to get a new design, but it is a pretty cool look. So much better than his standard silver armor. I really wish they would keep it. At least Vic got a chance to prove himself here. He came up with a plan and coordinated all the League members.

Next issue has the Black Panther doppelgänger The Red Lion beating the crap out of Cyborg. This run has been chalk full of meta commentary.
    Mocking us or not, it's definitely a cooler look. I like the transparent arm thing he's got going on. Walking back boom tubes is fine with me since they barely used it unless it was convenient anyhow. I also liked that we got a clear explanation from Cyborg about his abilities. It's too bad none of this will be consistent across his appearances.

Issue was fantastic though. I loved the "Cabin Fever" thing with the heroes. It made sense and I liked the commentary.

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Am I the only one getting the vibe that Priest is poking fun at fans, the creatives and editorial all at the same time?

In a vein like "okay, everyone is right about something here, but on the other hand, let's stop being dicks"?
    This is what I'm seeing as well, or at least, that will be the conclusion reached by everyone.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I will just be happy when Priest is off the book. His run has just been a major disapointment and his big meta commentary just is not hitting at all. I was excited after the mess that was Hitch, but after reading Priest I am glad they are just killing both books and starting over.
    I'll second this. He's better fitted at street lvl characters and he made Justice League a street level book with issues that shouldn't be issues for the Justice League. His race stuff that he's doing was just plain ridiculous. No idea why he thought it was necessary to have two teams show up and suggest neither could help the poor black folks. I'm honestly surprised he's surprised that he gets labeled as the Black writer given what he's doing on JL. The coolest thing he's down on the title was make Cyborg leader but even then he's made Vic more incompetent then he's even been in the New52 onward with the higher position.

Spectacular Member

OT slightly, does anyone know if JL and/or JLA is bring cancelled? I can't find two sites that agree on what DC is cancelling.

I'm ifhy about Cy's new design, the transparent arm is a nice touch and so is flesh one but I don't like everything else. Especially the logo. Everything else was on point imo, I liked the way they worked together in the end.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

I'm enjoying his run on Deathstroke and his run on JL is pretty good too.

I dug the issue and wish he get a chance at writing one of the A-lister's solo.