Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 30363738394041 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jpmst17 View Post
    do whatever you want. i would just encourage you to look up facts about the wage gap in the united states and educate yourself. it's illegal actually, under the equal pay for equal work act
    Yes no one does it because it's illegal.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    I canít believe you expect anyone to take that seriously..
    At least I did not choose one of those crazy YouTubers who live in the same echo chambers the people they criticise also live in. But as far as I know myth or not i can't really do anything about it I can't really criticise the comic for choosing to mention them. But as far as I know this comic is engaged in very delicate business.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Quote Originally Posted by gotunandan View Post
    Lol!
    Then why are you losing your mind over something that is written about a country you don't care for, by someone who is in a country you don't care about.
    As someone staying in one of the countries you don't care about, enjoy your fantasy!
    how, in any way am i losing my mind? i'm being very civil and throwing facts out. believe or don't, doesn't make them less true

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Yes no one does it because it's illegal.
    all i can say is that they are not supposed to. and that based on the evidence that i have seen, there is no proof of it, at least not in the united states

Ninpuu - Shinobi Change! Striderblack01's Avatar

Google searched:

"Gender Pay Gap USA 2017"

Found these pretty easily:

http://money.cnn.com/2017/04/04/pf/e...gap/index.html
    https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/07/gend...losing-in.html
    https://www.bls.gov/cps/cpsaat39.htm
    http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank...pay-gap-facts/

I understand that pay is a complex issue (especially when you factor in leaves, experience, the gender ratio for the higher executive positions, and how these gaps are calculated), but to say there's no proof seems a bit...haphazard.
    The Milkshake Boom
    Quite possibly the greatest movie podcast ever made!
    (But probably not)

Quote Originally Posted by Striderblack01 View Post
    Google searched:

"Gender Pay Gap USA 2017"

Found these pretty easily:

http://money.cnn.com/2017/04/04/pf/e...gap/index.html
    https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/07/gend...losing-in.html
    https://www.bls.gov/cps/cpsaat39.htm
    http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank...pay-gap-facts/

I understand that pay is a complex issue (especially when you factor in leaves, experience, the gender ratio for the higher executive positions, and how these gaps are calculated), but to say there's no proof seems a bit...haphazard.
    cnn is not a credible source. most of these statistics just look at the difference between women and men, they don't specify at which jobs, just that men are overall paid more, and this is due to the fact that men get degrees in engineering and many women choose liberal arts or gender studies. what they're not looking at is a male plumber and a female plumber. just men and women as a whole

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I wonder why it's called the "pay gap" and not the "income gap".

Quote Originally Posted by Striderblack01 View Post
    but to say there's no proof seems a bit...haphazard
    I believe the majority of people disagreeing with the pay gap just don't communicate that initial point very well. There is obviously income disparity in given situations, they're just trying to communicate that the main reason isn't simply because one person has a penis and the other has a vagina.

Quote Originally Posted by Materiel View Post
    [B]

I believe the majority of people disagreeing with the pay gap just don't communicate that initial point very well. There is obviously income disparity in given situations, they're just trying to communicate that the main reason isn't simply because one person has a penis and the other has a vagina.
    I agree with that

Quote Originally Posted by jpmst17 View Post
    cnn is not a credible source.
    And we're done here.
    Still hoping for that Helix Reunion...

Oh look, it's Friday, time to dump on the New X-Men. :-P

Pull List
    X-23 Domino X-Men Red

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    And we're done here.
    lol, seriously? cnn has been busted fabricating things. they've had to issue apologies due to it. if you want to say fox has an agenda, i would never argue, but mainstream media is not that credible

The pay gap issue is delicate, and there are numerous studies dating back to the early 90ís that show a supposed gender pay gap. However, Iíve also found numerous studies dating back almost as far that refute the gender pay gap, as far as it being the sole result of discrimination. What I find interesting is that the studies that control for more variables all but eliminate the gap, and the most recent study I found, conducted by the University of Chicago, showed a gender pay gap among Uber drivers. Male drivers earned 7% more than female drivers; now, why is that? Well, they concluded that men worked longer shifts, worked more profitable hours (i.e. drunk passengers), and drove faster than women on average. There was nothing in Uber's policy or system that created an environment where women were intentially paid less.

I wonder if X-Men Red will spark so many debates with each issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Materiel View Post
    Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    The pay gap issue is delicate, and there are numerous studies dating back to the early 90’s that show a supposed gender pay gap. However, I’ve also found numerous studies dating back almost as far that refute the gender pay gap, as far as it being the sole result of discrimination. What I find interesting is that the studies that control for more variables all but eliminate the gap, and the most recent study I found, conducted by the University of Chicago, showed a gender pay gap among Uber drivers. Male drivers earned 7% more than female drivers; now, why is that? Well, they concluded that men worked longer shifts, worked more profitable hours (i.e. drunk passengers), and drove faster than women on average. There was nothing in Uber's policy or system that created an environment where women were intentially paid less.

I wonder if X-Men Red will spark so many debates with each issue.

Well said.
    ultimately, there is probably evidence for and against any argument

I'm very bad at predicting the direction these threads will go.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    I'm very bad at predicting the direction these threads will go.
    I think you could post "There are twelve inches in a foot" and someone would reply with "That's just the liberal media lying" or "That's an alt right conspiracy".