Page 10 of 41 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    IA on a veteran female but the team doesnt need another brawler. Dazzler, Storm or Polaris would be better
    I choose Dazzler then.

It was Laura who cut the guy's fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by SerCo View Post
    It's not like the X-Men let other thieves (Gambit, Storm) and murderers (Logan) joint their ranks in the past. Trinary was just playing Robin Hood, I'm sure she'll not make the same mistakes again.
    I might be wrong but I don't remember any of the X-Men calling Gambit a hero after he tells them that he used to steal money from random people.
    Last edited by X-Logan; 03-07-2018 at 08:52 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by True Believer Tony View Post
    Yeah, the Gentle introduction irked me. He's over a decade old now, you would think he's a brand-new character from that scene. To be fair, Laura wasn't exactly social back then and Gentle kept to himself completely so while they definitely know each other, it's possible she wasn't familiar with his power set.
    That's the best argument I can make; Laura and Gentle never really interacted in KYost's NXM. He wasn't really part of the "core" team she was on, and I'm drawing a blank over whether we ever saw him use his powers around her.

Although to play my own Devil's Advocate, given Laura's personality at the time I could see her wanting to establish the capabilities of everyone around her at the school by rote for threat assessment, since at this time she hasn't learned to switch off her programming that automatically makes her plan how to kill everyone around her.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    And she was going for the phone to try stopping him from carrying out whatever he was doing. His fingers were just sort of in the way.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Did not read it yet, but....

Reading the word 'CUTE' 3 or 4 times in the review worries me a bit actually.

Is this turning out to be more of a girlish book?
    There are a decent number of females in important roles, so kinda.

It's how X-Men is supposed to be, to be frank.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    And he was calling Sentinals! Good reason.

And I get yoga’s complaint, gratuitous violence is normally not good in Xmen comics. But Wolverines get a pass for me.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I thought this issue was good and I think the badger character is one of the more adorable additions to the xmen. This book reads like xmen and feels so much more like xmen than the flagship book. Even with trinary and the redistribution of funds and Laura cutting off fingers it all worked for me. And the huge arse sentinel at the end was a cool threat that throws back to the Ole school x-men.

That said my only concern and what has been my biggest concern is this attempt to transfer relationships established in ororos mythos to Jean. She has a wealth of history via the Phoenix and connections that are distinct to her. Now you have Jean interacting in Wakanda and with characters she has no connections with as if she were Ororo who does have that repoire with the characters. I would have been less critical if there was a nod as to say Ororo managed to set this up with Tchalla or acknowledge the efforts Ororo took to get nehzno out of Wakanda so that he could be an xmen but it has been none of that. I don't like ororos connection being redone in other characters where stories unique and distinct to her are already lacking. Maybe it will be addressed in a later issues but as of now that is a huge problem which I hope will be corrected soon.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 03-07-2018 at 09:02 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I thought this issue was good and I think the badger character is one of the more adorable additions to the xmen. This book reads like xmen and feels so much more like xmen than the flagship book. Even with trinary and the redistribution of funds and Laura cutting off fingers it all worked for me. And the huge arse sentinel at the end was a cool threat that throws back to the Ole school x-men.

That said my only concern and what has been my biggest concern is this attempt to transfer relationships established in ororos mythos to Jean. She has a wealth of history via the Phoenix and connections that are distinct to her. Now you have Jean interacting in Wakanda and with characters she has no connections with as if she were Ororo who does have that repoire with the characters. I would have been less critical if there was a nod as to say Ororo managed to set this up with Tchalla or acknowledge the efforts Ororo took to get nehzno out of Wakanda so that he could be an xmen but it has been none of that. Maybe it will be addressed in a later issues but as of now that is a huge problem which I hope will be corrected soon.
    Wait, theres a flagship X-men book? Tell me more.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by malachi_munroex View Post
    Wait, theres a flagship X-men book? Tell me more.
    I think it went from being astonishing to red.. But I could be wrong..
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

All-New Member

The first issue was promising but this one was just bad. I do not care for any of the team except jean and nightcrawler. Pretty boring all together and not at all interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I think it went from being astonishing to red.. But I could be wrong..
    Oop. Tea.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by X-Logan View Post
    I might be wrong but I don't remember any of the X-Men calling Gambit a hero after he tells them that he used to steal money from random people.
    An impressionable kid called Trinary her hero, surely that means the X-Men now aprove thievery.

Quote Originally Posted by malachi_munroex View Post
    Oop. Tea.
    Well based upon the previous post above you I guess i was wrong. So sorry.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 03-07-2018 at 09:05 PM.

I can't deal with the fact that in a couple of pages people have already found the most silly and small reasons to nitpick on the issue, and that they happen to be completely different things and all of the posters act like they were a big deal when they're not lol.