Page 15 of 41 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

So, about next issue. They'll have to give that sentinel something special to prove it can be a trouble for Jean, Kurt and Laura.

Kurt could teleport it's head off. Or teleport Laura to its neck and have her hack it off with her claws.
    Heck, Jean has been taking down sentinels for years, ripping them apart and floating them easily.

I hope next issue, the sentinel is easily taken out in a page or two, so we can move on to important things like, gambit, the evil friend, Cassandra Nova/Jean interaction, more explanation on the save the world plan, interaction between Kurt, Jean and Gambit.

I hope the issue won't be them struggling with the sentinel for half, until triniary is able to hack it, then a lame possession of one of the teammates by Cassandra, with gambit appearing out of nowhere

Is the mind controlled friend not just going to be Gambit cause he is appearing next issue anyway?

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrae View Post
    Is the mind controlled friend not just going to be Gambit cause he is appearing next issue anyway?
    Thats exactly who I concluded it would be a few pages back. It makes the most sense to me.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Another good one.

Nightcrawler felt amazing. Like good old fun and stylish Kurt.

Jean Grey was good here as well.

Great teamwork overall too.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Osvaldoeaf View Post
    I know I'm biased, but I can't help thinking that everything Trinary is doing could be done by Sage. So yeah, this feels like another wasted opportunity to bring my fave back,,,
    Okay - I'm not a fan of Sage. But objectively, i can see why people would want to see her around, though I have a question. Would you really want to see Sage being saved and treated like a rookie?
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

I hated Sage so Trinary all the way. The fact that she isn’t being written as a computer is a big plus for me. Anyways Tessa was better

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    So, about next issue. They'll have to give that sentinel something special to prove it can be a trouble for Jean, Kurt and Laura.

Kurt could teleport it's head off. Or teleport Laura to its neck and have her hack it off with her claws.
    Heck, Jean has been taking down sentinels for years, ripping them apart and floating them easily.

I hope next issue, the sentinel is easily taken out in a page or two, so we can move on to important things like, gambit, the evil friend, Cassandra Nova/Jean interaction, more explanation on the save the world plan, interaction between Kurt, Jean and Gambit.

I hope the issue won't be them struggling with the sentinel for half, until triniary is able to hack it, then a lame possession of one of the teammates by Cassandra, with gambit appearing out of nowhere
    Seeing that Trinary's a technopath, I'm expecting the sentinel encounter to be means of showing what she can do.

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    Seeing that Trinary's a technopath, I'm expecting the sentinel encounter to be means of showing what she can do.
    I'll be surprised if she does something Cypher or Hijack haven't already done with Sentinels.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    Okay - I'm not a fan of Sage. But objectively, i can see why people would want to see her around, though I have a question. Would you really want to see Sage being saved and treated like a rookie?
    I meant what Trinary can do in terms of her powers, not her role in this specific story. But I could see Sage being saved somehow by an x-team, like she was saved from Bogan by Storm.

Still, Paniccia said he's working on bringing her back, and added he loves her with Bishop. So I'm holding on to that!

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    I'll be surprised if she does something Cypher or Hijack haven't already done with Sentinels.
    I'm not expecting it, but I don't really care. Was never a fan of Hijack or Sage. Doug, sure, but not immensely. X-Men have been around long enough that repeating powers are just going to be a more common thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post

Not to mention Laura's already helped the New X-Men beat a Nimrod sentinel.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    It honestly feels like a 14 year old trying his best to write a very deep story. No, I'm not looking for some ultra realistic, life changing experience or anything in a monthly comic book. But come on. I'm pretty sure India's big gender pay gape's reason is that in many parts, they(family or society) don't let women work at all, not because they get paid less for the same job as men. And Gabby finds that super heroic? Seriously? Pretty much everything Gabby does is annoying. Yeah, I get it, she's a kid. It's still annoying.

Jean's plan of changing the world is so naive. That's not the problem, it suits her character to do something like that. The problem is that no other character, and I mean literally no other character, is pointing out that to her. T'Challa and Namor hears someone say, "I want to change the world!" and just go "Yeah, cool. Awesome plan. I'm totally behind you."

Some of the lines are still facepalm inducing.
    Google is your friend.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender_pay_gap_in_India

Yes many of them get paid less for doing the same job. And the 25% quoted is actually a real number from a real study.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    Change the names, Jean for Scott, and watch the reactions of readers change radically.
    I agree in theory. If it was anyone else's call, there would be a different reaction.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by X-Logan View Post
    What I meant by falacy is that the claim that the wage gap is only due to gender is wrong and It is wrong.It is normally due to multiple reasons like working hours, career choices and so on and I am not refering to India especifically because this falacy is very common and has been debunked a longo time ago.

But that is not the major problem that I have with the issue. The worst part is the X-Men reaction to the thief.

In what bizarre twisted World steal people just because they are rich men ok?
    You haven't researched the issues in India and so you are in no position to make claims about the cause. You are taking explanations given for the gap in a developed country and presuming they are the same as a developing country like India which already has clear evidence of gender discrimination across all sort of measures including pay.

When you educate yourself about India then you can make such claims. From the wiki I linked.

While social and cultural norms vary from state to state within India, one commonality that has been observed is the exclusion of women from the paid labor market and status based segregation of labor.[6] Ironically, women from higher castes faced more difficulty when they tried to obtain paid work, even if their survival depended on it.[6]:45 In interviews conducted with widows from rural North India, they stated that if attempts were made to seek gainful employment outside their homes, they would be forced to give up their property rights and made to leave the villages they live in, indicating that paid work was not a feasible option even to sustain themselves due to the existing social norms.

Not sure how you can read the above and claim gender discrimination is not a reason. The world is not uniform and what you think has been debunked in the US doesn't mean it has been debunked everywhere. That is absurd reasoning.

The worst aspect of this is the pay gap increases with education so literally women with bachelors, masters and PHDs experience a pay gap that is higher than uneducated women face relative to comparable men.
    Last edited by remydat; 03-08-2018 at 11:51 AM.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

The issue was pretty good especially the art.

I kinda had a problem with Trinary's crime. The dialogue is written so it appears she stole money from ALL the men in India which would include the middle-class and lower-class ones, which made her actions feel less Robin Hood-like. Stew in jail for a while, kid.

Also there was that panel early when the bad guy turned on the TV and was like ''good thing an ad wasn't on''. That was good.