Page 18 of 41 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Yes, I believe Storm will be the person Jean will fight and unlike others I'm here for it!! I know Storm has psi defenses, but I'm sure that Cassandra can bypass that rather easily. I feel she is of a greater threat than just the small range plans of others psychics like ShadowKing. Her treachery knows no bounds so of course she'd go after both women that caused her problems during Morrison's run.

Also they picked Wakanda to be in and yeah, that could be because of Gentle (which I have no problem with X-23 not knowing more intimately...not like he was her bestie there in New X), but he may be a key in fighting Storm. Also I get to see Storm finally interact with Jean since her return so theres that....Jean also won't go all out on her "sister" and will have to use her TK or her wits to win that kind of fight...and that's not to say that Storm herself won't be fighting for control of herself from the inside. With a title called Storm Rising, it has to be her.

Not here for the girls fighting, sorry.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Nova was in Uncanny X-force?

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tmacaoni View Post
    Yes, I believe Storm will be the person Jean will fight and unlike others I'm here for it!! I know Storm has psi defenses, but I'm sure that Cassandra can bypass that rather easily. I feel she is of a greater threat than just the small range plans of others psychics like ShadowKing. Her treachery knows no bounds so of course she'd go after both women that caused her problems during Morrison's run.

Also they picked Wakanda to be in and yeah, that could be because of Gentle (which I have no problem with X-23 not knowing more intimately...not like he was her bestie there in New X), but he may be a key in fighting Storm. Also I get to see Storm finally interact with Jean since her return so theres that....Jean also won't go all out on her "sister" and will have to use her TK or her wits to win that kind of fight...and that's not to say that Storm herself won't be fighting for control of herself from the inside. With a title called Storm Rising, it has to be her.
    I don't want it to be Storm. Her being possessed, especially over a long period of time just canonically wouldn't make much sense.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Yeah I'm getting a bit sick of things which should be in Rumbles. Rumble talk belongs in rumbles. Otherwise fanboys be fanboys and I have had enough of that lately. I hope this is the last time I have to say this. This is a thread to talk about X-Men Red #2. Please continue talking about what happened and review X-Men Red #2.

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    Lol, I just remembered that time Jean waltzed into the pentagon, froze everyone with telepathy, freed a prisoner and mind wiped her to become an Xman.
    Ah, good times
    Slave labor Jean. Classic.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Fantastic Member

Well I like the new character and so far I like how this team seems to be jelling together. I hope, if the quality stays, this book last a good long time but with a relaunch on the horizon, who knows. IF there is another reshuffle and Jean gets pulled into it, I hope Jean finds herself in the wider MU. The character interaction in this book is the highlight for me so far. Watching Jean slowly form relationships with new people is a wonderful way of rebuilding the character and earning her a renewed place in the Marvel U.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Good follow up to the first issue.Jean is making quite the scene, since her return.I love how after being gone for so long she jumps right into the deep end of the pool.The actions of Trinary have people talking, i think that is a good thing. Her actions were not legal but, the X-men have done worse things. Jean getting support from Wakanda may open up to a bigger story. Not surprised Namor was absent for those scenes. I wonder will Namor and the X-men touch on the events of AvX. Eagerly waiting for the next issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazpocalapse View Post
    Good follow up to the first issue.Jean is making quite the scene, since her return.I love how after being gone for so long she jumps right into the deep end of the pool.The actions of Trinary have people talking, i think that is a good thing. Her actions were not legal but, the X-men have done worse things. Jean getting support from Wakanda may open up to a bigger story. Not surprised Namor was absent for those scenes. I wonder will Namor and the X-men touch on the events of AvX. Eagerly waiting for the next issue.
    My problem isn't that her actions were illegal, but that they were stupid. First of all, that's not what gender pay gap is. Women aren't getting paid less for the same job as men, there aren't as many women working as many as men. For multiple reasons, main one being, many parts in India just don't allow women to work(close minded family and society).

So she didn't "fix" anything. And what, that increased salary is going to stay in those women's accounts? And India has way way bigger problems when it comes to women than freaking gender pay gap.

Trinary's next move should be to rob from the richest humans and give it to mutants. True Robin Hood of the X-Men.

To me, Trinary isn't just a captive mutant needing to be freed by Jean and her quasi A-Team. She comes across as a radical feminist who has an amoral attitude of the ends justify the means. Jean rescuing this gal is just going give her rep another black eye. Jean already (through no fault of her own.) looks like a mutant terrorist. Now she is liberating a known cyberterrorist. For Jean, it seems it's one step forward, two steps back...

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    To me, Trinary isn't just a captive mutant needing to be freed by Jean and her quasi A-Team. She comes across as a radical feminist who has an amoral attitude of the ends justify the means. Jean rescuing this gal is just going give her rep another black eye. Jean already (through no fault of her own.) looks like a mutant terrorist. Now she is liberating a known cyberterrorist. For Jean, it seems it's one step forward, two steps back...
    I wouldn't call her a radical feminist or having amoral attitude. I would call her stupid, but the book is agreeing with her, so the writing is stupid.

This whole issue could've been great, IF after rescuing Trinary, Jean had told her how stupid her action really were, and that she didn't help anyone. This book thinking that what Trinary did was something great and heroic makes what happened in Champions #3 look like achieving world peace by comparison. Ok, maybe that's hyperbole, but the point still stands.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    My problem isn't that her actions were illegal, but that they were stupid. First of all, that's not what gender pay gap is. Women aren't getting paid less for the same job as men, there aren't as many women working as many as men. For multiple reasons, main one being, many parts in India just don't allow women to work(close minded family and society).

So she didn't "fix" anything. And what, that increased salary is going to stay in those women's accounts? And India has way way bigger problems when it comes to women than freaking gender pay gap.
    I just read several articles stating that in certain fields men are getting paid more than women working in same fields at the same level. Just because there are not as many women working as men in the country does not negate a wage pay disparity. If they don't allow women to work in many parts of India than it is likely that pay gaps do exist in certain fields.

I didn't say she "fixed" anything it seems to me she did that as a opening move against those that she wanted to shed a little light on their activities so that others would take notice and use legal methods to resolve the issue. I'm sure India does have bigger problems it seems she is dealing with this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    I wouldn't call her a radical feminist or having amoral attitude. I would call her stupid, but the book is agreeing with her, so the writing is stupid.

This whole issue could've been great, IF after rescuing Trinary, Jean had told her how stupid her action really were, and that she didn't help anyone. This book thinking that what Trinary did was something great and heroic makes what happened in Champions #3 look like achieving world peace by comparison. Ok, maybe that's hyperbole, but the point still stands.
    Trinary doesn't look like a radical feminist? Look at the attitude of the Mutant Defence Minister: "But you will be punished. You made a lot of powerful men look small."

I'm sure getting people butthurt was Trinary's intent. So congrats to her.