Page 14 of 41 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    To be fair, Xavier entrusted the NM to Magneto directly. He was their headmaster. The X-Men were their own distinct entity. And I don't know about X-Factor, either. They stirred up mutant hysteria with their marketing tactic and eventually all their kids just wandered off(after X-Factor was jettisoned into deep space on Ship) and joined the NM's rabble until Cable adopted the whole lot(to turn into his child soldiers). None of them were exactly well looked after(but it is the nature of teens to get into mischief and rebel against authority figures...).
    Gods, the early X-Factor cover story was so foolish. Hodge was brilliant at playing off their stupidity.
    The NM had Cypher going on missions. CYPHER!!! And we all know how that turned out for self-friend Doug.
    X-kids and mutant kids in general won't have it easy for a long time to come, so sacrifices need to be made now to make sure a more positive future happens. It's not preferable or desirable but it seems absolutely necessary given the realities of living in the anti-mutant 616.
    Last edited by nx01a; 03-07-2018 at 11:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Gods, the early X-Factor cover story was so foolish. Hodge was brilliant at playing off their stupidity.
    The NM had Cypher going on missions. CYPHER!!! And we all know how that turned out for self-friend Doug.
    X-kids and mutant kids in general won't have it easy for a long time to come, so sacrifices need to be made now to make sure a more positive future happens. It's not preferable or desirable but it seems absolutely necessary given the realities of living in the anti-mutant 616.
    Won't argue that first part about X-Factor. As for Doug, Magneto specifically forbade him from going out on missions, and I think maybe even the whole team was grounded when they snuck out for that Birdbrain mission where Doug died. Magneto was pissed at them!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Won't argue that first part about X-Factor. As for Doug, Magneto specifically forbade him from going out on missions, and I think maybe even the whole team was grounded when they snuck out for that Birdbrain mission where Doug died. Magneto was pissed at them!
    Yeah, he didn't handle it well, which is unfortunate because I believe he honestly was most angry at himself for failing them. New Mutants era Magneto is probably my favorite Magneto.

Gabby is a lab-grown Wolvie/X-23 clone/derivative. I assume she has some level of healing factor/super-senses/heightened stats along with a claw or two, and has been raised as a killing machine? Pretty sure she's battle ready.

Ororo killed her first man when she was 11 or so(as he tried to rape her). Children can't be kept in bubbles. I'm just more concerned with Jean's lax control over her team's excessive use of force.
    Gabby does have a healing factor, yes, but we've seen no sign of heightened senses yet. She was an imperfect clone from the start (one of 10, and the only one of those 10 to get a healing factor at all). Also, she can't feel pain. That's not because of the cloning process though - it's because of nanobots in her system that Alchemex put in the clones.
    Last edited by healed1337; 03-08-2018 at 12:00 AM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by healed1337 View Post
    Gabby does have a healing factor, yes, but we've seen no sign of heightened senses yet. She was an imperfect clone from the start (one of 10, and the only one of those 10 to get a healing factor at all). Also, she can't feel pain. That's not because of the cloning process though - it's because of nanobots in her system that Alchemex put in the clones.
    It'll be interesting if Taylor can use the duality between Gabby and Gentle. One can't feel pain, the other experiences it when using his powers.

mmmmm I think I am in the minority that didn't like the book, and for some reason I don't like the draws. I didn't read x-23 comic because I can't tolerate clone stories (maybe the only clone I care is maddie). But it seems that many like it, so the writer must be doing something right, so I hope everybody else enjoy red.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I actually think she is cute and love her as addition to the team. How old is she supposed to be? She comes across like she is 12 which I think is a bit too young to be in situations the xmen would see day to day.
    Gabby is biologically 13. However she was rapid-aged so is actually much younger (we're not sure exactly how old she actually is).

I liked this, but like the first issue it was a little underwhelming. I think my expectations are still a little too high thinking this is the next epic.

I adore Gabby, but I found her to be a bit much in this issue. There were a lot of things to like, but it just didn't gel together into a satisfying chapter. :/

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

X-Men Red was a very fun read and I have no complaints besides the Laura not knowing who Gentle was. I hope this series gets better with each issue
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by keeper444 View Post
    mmmmm I think I am in the minority that didn't like the book, and for some reason I don't like the draws. I didn't read x-23 comic because I can't tolerate clone stories (maybe the only clone I care is maddie). But it seems that many like it, so the writer must be doing something right, so I hope everybody else enjoy red.
    This was a let down for me too. The portrayal of the X-Men here is not one that sits well with me but I can't say the writing is bad. Also, while I typically like the artists work, a lot of it seemed off, and for some reason Jean is looking younger and younger.

Yeah HoneyBadger asked about Neznho
    And X-23 sliced the dudes fingers

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    Trinary is like Jeffries without the technomorph part (control inorganic materials to create machines), or like Doug without the universal translator part.
    It seems like she is a pure technopath, someone who controls machines.
    Like HiJack the Asian guy from Cyclops's "revolution" team. She has the exact power set. Tell me why he couldn't have been used? Or better Taking "Wiz-Kid" Matsuya ? He's also Asian. I kinda hate examples of this, introducing a new character with exact powers of a new character barely 5 years old. It's even worse when it's a minority character cause you can guarantee they'll Never be seen again. Instead of telling the rare and almost uheard story of Asian male Xman who's also in his 30s....we get the nonwhite, female, spunky, sassy, teenager

Quote Originally Posted by Wissenschaft View Post
    So she stole money. And this is heroic? Jean is ok with this? No one bats an eye at how that might be problematic? Oh boy.

Ah well, I'm sure this won't be mentioned again despite the ruckus it would cause in real life.
    uh she made **** a lil equal for 5 minutes. Damn it's not like those people were left destitute. Some of their toys got given yo the needy. They'll be fine

I agree
    the girl commited a very serious crime, stealing (redistributing) billions of dollars, perhaps dozens of billions
    Dang, she did it because of the shitty way wealth 8s distributed. If she stole a vial of penicillin from some weirdo penicillin hoarder to save someones like or ease their pain would ttiu guys be this upset
    Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    People in this thread whining more over someone redistributing money than when an X-Man MURDERS someone shows just where the hell priorities lie.

X-Men are about social justice, dude.
    Ugh I. Know. Right.
    Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post

Also this. The New Mutants movie being a horror flick is by no means a stretch for their canon.
    It looks like the NM canon is the last thing they are deferring to
    Casually cutting someone's fingers off for using a phone when you broke into their house is not the same.
    Well he was about to illegally detain a person, force her to use her powers against her will, has access to a genocide death robot....
    GrindrStone(D)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Yeah HoneyBadger asked about Neznho
    And X-23 sliced the dudes fingers

Like HiJack the Asian guy from Cyclops's "revolution" team. She has the exact power set. Tell me why he couldn't have been used? Or better Taking "Wiz-Kid" Matsuya ? He's also Asian. I kinda hate examples of this, introducing a new character with exact powers of a new character barely 5 years old. It's even worse when it's a minority character cause you can guarantee they'll Never be seen again. Instead of telling the rare and almost uheard story of Asian male Xman who's also in his 30s....we get the nonwhite, female, spunky, sassy, teenager

uh she made **** a lil equal for 5 minutes. Damn it's not like those people were left destitute. Some of their toys got given yo the needy. They'll be fine

Dang, she did it because of the shitty way wealth 8s distributed. If she stole a vial of penicillin from some weirdo penicillin hoarder to save someones like or ease their pain would ttiu guys be this upset

Ugh I. Know. Right.

It looks like the NM canon is the last thing they are deferring to
    Well he was about to illegally detain a person, force her to use her powers against her will, has access to a genocide death robot....
    there is another indian woman they could have used, Karima Shapandar, Omega Sentinel. IIRC she was killed by Hellion, but was resurrected in that All Female X-Men book a few eyars ago.

there is another indian woman they could have used, Karima Shapandar, Omega Sentinel. IIRC she was killed by Hellion, but was resurrected in that All Female X-Men book a few eyars ago.
    She's powerless tho...
    GrindrStone(D)

I know I'm biased, but I can't help thinking that everything Trinary is doing could be done by Sage. So yeah, this feels like another wasted opportunity to bring my fave back,,,

BANNED

This issue was a bit weird for me. Trinary was imprisoned for fraud, which she did commit. Jean's team steals state-secrets, invades their country, and beats up guards to free her(couldn't Jean have just dropped them telepathically?), then when the Indians realize what's going on, they call in for backup(definitely within reason given Jean is a wanted fugitive worldwide and her team just invaded their country), and one of the those clones cuts his fingers off?

Sorry, not on board for that.
    Still, excessive force by Jean's team. She could have tp'd the guards and no one had to lose fingers to get Trinary out of there.

I don't remember a single instance of Logan slicing off a person's fingers casually(and for no good reason) in a classic X-Men story. This kind of violence might fly in X-Force, but I don't like seeing it in X-Men, especially not with Jean in charge and Kurt her number two.
    No, I'm not down with such a lax attitude concerning gratuitous violence.
    Change the names, Jean for Scott, and watch the reactions of readers change radically.