Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Trinary is like Jeffries without the technomorph part (control inorganic materials to create machines), or like Doug without the universal translator part.
    It seems like she is a pure technopath, someone who controls machines.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I hope its Storm, especially with the Wakanda connection. Storm would make for a better opponent to fight than Beast, whom Jean can easily dispose of
    Why would storm betray not only her boyfriend but her bestie Jean? That wouldn't make any sense. Since namor gets in the mix at some point perhaps it's Emma due to her connect with him.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Why would storm betray not only her boyfriend but her bestie Jean? That wouldn't make any sense. Since namor gets in the mix at some point perhaps it's Emma due to her connect with him.
    Emma is definitely not Jean's friend haha.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Whoever the friend is that rises to oppose Jean it's probably going to be because Casandra Nova is controlling their minds like she did with the UK ambassador and the people in this issue. Jean knows not everything is as it seems but she hasn't traced it back to Nova yet. In that sense, it doesn't really matter who the X-Man is that goes against Jean. She won't want to fight them at 100% and she'll be under threat of their heads exploding like what happened to the ambassador.

Not reading Red? Cassandra Nova is the main villian and she can easily use her TP to control Storm and make her fight for her

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    Emma is definitely not Jean's friend haha.
    OH is that the requirement? They seemed rather chummy in Jeen solo. And is it possible that it's somebody random akin to Tchalla and Jean's out of nowhere relationship? I just don't imagine how or why it would be Ororo or Hank honestly.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

OH is that the requirement? They seemed rather chummy in Jeen solo. And is it possible that it's somebody random akin to Tchalla and Jean's out of nowhere relationship? I just don't imagine how or why it would be Ororo or Hank honestly.
    The solcit says an old friend turns foe. Emma being close to the teen version doesnt apply as he is no friend of adult Jean. Cassandra Nova is likely the reason why this friend becomes an opponent

Astonishing Member

If Polaris and Havok were not being used in Blue, my bet would be on one of them. Havok is still morally inverted, and Polaris has been mind controlled many times.
    Old friends tells me it has to be someone who was her friend before the Phoenix Saga.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Not reading Red? Cassandra Nova is the main villian and she can easily use her TP to control Storm and make her fight for her
    Storms resistance to TP has allowed her to resist the likes of Emma, Rachel, shadow king, the combined TP of Xavier, Psylocke, and oracle. Not saying it couldn't happen but even still it would be a hard sell for me.

Astonishing Member

I think it could be Iceman or Storm, because they can really do a lot of damage, destroy a country for example, if mind controlled by an evil entity.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    I think it could be Iceman or Storm, because they can really do a lot of damage, destroy a country for example, if mind controlled by an evil entity.
    Have there been any hints to who it could be?

Enjoyable issue though I'm still not a fan of the artist's current style. After Gold and Blue's biweekly shipping, Red's monthly feels slow.
    Jean vs a Cassandra Nova-possessed Storm would be fun but it'll probably be Iceman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    So Trinity is a younger version of Sage?
    Quote Originally Posted by bigstupidjellyfish View Post
    A better version of Sage, you mean.
    Y’know, because she’s not Sage.
    Well played.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Have there been any hints to who it could be?
    Not yet. No one's appeared in the book who isn't on Jean's core team.

I think 7 or 8 out of 10 is fair.

Rarely second issues can surpass the expectations of the first but that does not mean that the quality has fallen on the contrary.

We are in that moment of transition with the team gaining members and creating bonds learning to work together while trying to unravel the mystery involving the events of the first issue. The death of the ambassador was a heavy blow for Jean but that does not mean that her dream died. Getting protection in Wakanda will give them time to recover and turn over the table.

On the other hand, this type of event should affect the X-men as a whole, it is difficult to believe that the death of an ambassador and the growing anti-mutant hysteria would not affect the US school without mentioning that Jean and the others have connections with the X -mens for years.

I find it appropriate that the first enemy the team faces is Sentinels.

Gabby is the MVP for the time being had the best scenes and manages to ease the moments of tension. Laura did not have any great participation for now but loved when she cut off the fingers of that jerk Lackshay Singh.

For some reason it seems like India is one of the worst places for mutants to live even before Cassandra starts acting (reminding of EXM).

In the final pages it was also said that the uniforms have a special function that will be revealed later. It's nice to know that even though do not like most of them it's interesting they have something in mind .

Storm ad Jean fighting? Its just not realistic. Girls night out Part 2? That I can get behind.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡