Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spasticat View Post
    Y'know, I came in here all happy because I really and truly enjoyed today's issue, and it took all of 2 pages for the ol' Rogueneto argument to kill my happy buzz—in a thread where its relevance is only supposed to be a footnote in ancient history!

Everyone makes mistakes. Many people experience unfulfilling relationships before finding (or returning to) their special someone to love. And if you haven't experienced heartbreak and loss, if every relationship you've ever been in has been picture-perfect and you've never argued or mistrusted your partner, good for you. But for most everyone I know, including myself, that's not a realistic ideal in the slightest. IT'S JUST HOW LIFE F@$#ING IS. Rogue experimented, learned valuable lessons, and moved on. I suggest y'all do the same, because unless a future writer retcons KT, it is now 100% canon that she always felt Gambit was the one for her—even when she was dating someone else.
    I'm glad they are embracing each other. And I hope after all of this they come out stronger than before.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Well I think a lot of it had to do with how Carey rushed a little to get to where he wanted (Rogue with Magneto) because he knew he was leaving the X-Men. His era of writers and creators were mostly gone at that time and other people and a new era were plotting where to take the X-Men. He was ready to move on.

I don't think she had to throw Carry under the bus to address it. Mags is obviously someone that Rogue cares for deeply given they entered into a relationship despite their messy past. Her picking Magneto over Gambit was probably the main thing I was interested in for this mini, since it has never been addressed since it happened, but I was disappointed if this was it. Passing off her choosing Magneto over Gambit given their history as her just wanting to experience someone else didn't feel like it properly addressed it, but it is what it is I guess.
    That's right, and that relationship (Rogneto) is garbage, XD and I love that Tango Gage, like Miss Tompson, see it that way.

Gage left kneeling humiliated to Magneto, and I loved, the relationship of the two of them was only pushed by brainwashing (Age of X) before this Rogue made it very clear that he was not interested in Magneto.

Your relationship in the 90's ??? wtf good try, Rogue had nothing loving with Magneto, her fantasy was that Remy and the sadistic murderer of Magneto fought over her, like a lady in distress, in the end the 90's were pathetic for Rogue.

But at the end of the day he always chose Gambit, even over Joseph, a Magneto who was good, and young, and still did not manage to stay with Rogue.

Instead she always loved Gambit.

That Miss Tompson gave that explanation was correct, Magneto was just a hobby, since she was afraid, but she never stopped loving Gambit.

ROMY forever.

Magneto is not only not good for Rogue, but for any female character who is respectable, Magneto is a slave, a mass murderer, behaves like a Nazi, and the Neo are partly extinct because of their fault, and good turned them their slaves ,,,,, are remembered in Antarctica who was torturing Rogue and Gambit psychologically? and even as a sadist saw them having sex? if it was Magneto.

ROGNETO may only like the fans of Magneto but not even a joke to a Rogue fan, because that relationship is sick, and MCarey could only push for a brainwashing.

But luckily Rogneto is in the trash, and that relationship made you want to vomit, and ROMY is currently on fire and is the most sexy and ardent relationship of the mutants.

ANYWAY.

LOVED TODAY'S ISSUE. I'm not sure which hit me harder, the fact that there is finally (finally!!) a steamy scene involving Rogue and Gambit, or the banter when they were fighting clones (?) of themselves. At times I felt the dialogue was a smidge too fan-ficcy/corny, but hey, I like comics that actually pander to their fan base Overall I think Kelly Thompson and Pere Perez are doing a phenomenal job at dealing with the past and moving forward in a positive direction.

It's just so awesome seeing them bring out the best in one another—with no angst in sight!

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo3000 View Post
    I think just about all of us, and most x-men fans out there can agree that Rogue's most powerful, strong, and personal relationship was with Remy. The same can be said for Remy too. The sheer amount of panel time the two have shared together backs this up, and they've each caused more character growth than any other character they've interacted with. Arguing against this would be foolish and would ignore all the canon appearances they've shared in many comics over decades. (I'm arguing in your favor here).

I think we should just enjoy the mini, and look forward to what Thompson has for us in the last two issues. So far though it's been great in the eyes of critics and readers. It'll be exciting how Rogue and Gambit are affected by this in their future appearances, especially in this "fresh start" relaunch. Kudos to Thompson though, I think she would do great on a team book.
    Agreed with you.

Y'know, I came in here all happy because I really and truly enjoyed today's issue, and it took all of 2 pages for the ol' Rogueneto argument to kill my happy buzz—in a thread where its relevance is only supposed to be a footnote in ancient history!

Everyone makes mistakes. Many people experience unfulfilling relationships before finding (or returning to) their special someone to love. And if you haven't experienced heartbreak and loss, if every relationship you've ever been in has been picture-perfect and you've never argued or mistrusted your partner, good for you. But for most everyone I know, including myself, that's not a realistic ideal in the slightest. IT'S JUST HOW LIFE F@$#ING IS. Rogue experimented, learned valuable lessons, and moved on. I suggest y'all do the same, because unless a future writer retcons KT, it is now 100% canon that she always felt Gambit was the one for her—even when she was dating someone else.
    X 1.000.000

This is soooo good.

BANNED

Even if they want to go against the Carey deal... in this out of nowhere mini that most fans won't know of...Rogue kissing Magneto in all those summer events are still on the record. The funeral kiss. Her not looking for her team and going after Magneto...this isn't over. It never will be unless they want to marginalize Rogue and keep her out of the big picture because Magneto will always be in the grand scheme of the top titles...we all know that.

Rogue has never looked Magneto in the eye and said. I love Gambit...not u. Ever.
    Last edited by JasonEsta; 03-07-2018 at 10:25 PM.

WORD. Heck, it was already canon before this mini that she was still in love with him even after XML, like she literally said it out in words. Asmus’ Gambit solo anybody?

Even in UA, she was only thinking of Remy which was why the Red Skull telepathically took on Gambit’s form.
    Last edited by rogueisbae; 03-07-2018 at 10:27 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo3000 View Post
    I don’t think this is a retread, I think most readers and literally everybody at Marvel would agree with me. Heck, we could literally go ask them (Marvel writers) on Twitter and tumblr. And I think it’ll be good for the development of both Rogue and Gambit. It’s time to let go of the past and look forward to the future. This series has been great so far and most agree on that. If you really don’t like it you can always write a fanfiction. Heck if it’s good even I’ll read it.

Let’s continue to read and enjoy R&G. And if you really don’t like it then I guess you don’t have to read it. I definitely don’t read every comic out there, especially ones I don’t like. But so far I like this comic, and I’m not the biggest Romy shipper (I prefer batman/catwoman).
    I dont need a fan fiction. I just need consistency and most of the Rogue/Gambit encounters since 1995 has been angst except for 3 issues in 2018? I mean..That speaks for itself.

This book is the best. Who could have imagined that a book acknowledging the past, but at the same time going forward, would be so good? This was so unexpected *irony*.

Each issue gets better than the previous one, and you see the difference when a writer really wants to write a character, and know their history.

Quote Originally Posted by Weather View Post
    This book is the best. Who could have imagined that a book acknowledging the past, but at the same time going forward, would be so good? This was so unexpected *irony*.

Each issue gets better than the previous one, and you see the difference when a writer really wants to write a character, and know their history.
    It's such a huge anomaly for the X-franchise! We desperately need more writers like this!!!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    It's such a huge anomaly for the X-franchise! We desperately need more writers like this!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Weather View Post

Yes! Marvel definitely knew what they were doing signing Kelly Thompson for an exclusive deal! Very excited for the following issues. I really want to see this story as a whole.

Also, anyone wondering how this all fits with the first 3 pages in Rogue & Gambit #1? Rogue and Gambit in a heated battle with one another and smashing through their memories? I’m always looking for the esoteric layer KT has mentioned in interviews.

This was a really good issue. The dialogue felt real and Gambit and Rouges relationship doesn't feel full of angst. Really looking forward to the next issue.

Another strong effort from KT and PP. Series is fun and sexy, like the couple. Only 2 issues left. :-(

BANNED

My god it's amazing to see Uncanny X-men 350 remembered. It was the era of my X-men and Joe Mad at his peak and I loved the detail in the art including Rogues big hair and Gambits 90s hair. I still read that run today and just got the Trial of Gambit TPB that collects Uncanny 441-350.

That story always annoyed me because he was left to die and to have it finally touched upon for the first time in 20 years is incredible.

This mini is for all those who followed through the 90s and suffered the Sam and Diane story, their whole build up for 7 years was electrifying in 90-97 and the cartoon fuelled it but then it was forced to end and nothing meaningful for 20 years.

this and Red are truly the closest to the 90s X-men I've read since 97/98 and it's glorious.

I really really hope they're the ones actually getting married in the one shot.
    Last edited by The BaRoN; 03-08-2018 at 03:13 AM.

SEX.
    This book is the sex. Brought the sex. Had the sex. This book is/was hawt hawt hawt.
    And SO SO fun.
    I did not anticipate the cover (omg so gorg) to be an ACTUAL circumstance they'd be LITERALLY facing. I thought it was all metaphor.
    Kelly is making be a believer again and mining all the previously atrophied heart strings that once vibrated for Romy aaaaaaaaaaall the waaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in the Animated Series.

She is so talented.
    I love feeling things.