Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

I loved it! It was hawt and exactly what I needed on a Wednesday, the longest work day in the week. Just perfect for the lunchbreak! Really like this series and I hope to God it becomes an ongoing or some such, because I would really like for KT to get the chance to explore them further in a much deeper way where she can really address the issues they have and sort through the mess that is their history. Give everything due, proper time and explain some less than savory plot elements of the past. But so far, I am more than satisfied with what we have.

Maybe there is no good way to explain the Rogneto thing. The problem will allways lie in how much hurt Magneto has inflicted on both Rogue and Gambit. Both on a global scale and a personal one. From Magnetos view it's pretty consistent. He could have feelings for Rogue since very little to contradict it has been established. Heck not much has been spent to confirm it either but that poses less of a problem.
    From Rogues view it just feels wrong. Even if she had earlier unexplored feelings for him in the savage land they later had several meetings where he not only let her down over and over again he also orchestrated one of her worst moments ever. A story that is integral to Rogue and therefore so much harder to ignore. There are also very few vindicating reasons for Magneto to pull her through the Antartica fiasco. He did it becasue Gambit is scum and she's happier without him? This was the best way he could envision to get that point across? Or she understands that he wanted to weaken the X-men to further his own impendent plans of ransoming the world. The hurting Gambit and Rogue was just a little bonus.

For me the speach about "being with somone else" doesn't move that elephant out of the room. That doesn't negate the fact that the speach is a welcome addition and good insight into Rogues mind. I just want this topic dealt with in a more definite manner. If not just so any future Mike Carey can't use it to further more Rogneto. But there will be future issues of comics to deal with that hopefully. Maybe even written by KT.

The Death thing is best left undealt with. It was just so stupid on so many levels that it feels out of place outside of Deadpool comics. They didn't even give him powers that tried to make it less of a bad joke.
    A Death-clone of Gambit in the fight would have been fun. That I would have been ok with =)

This whole thing feels like a dream...and mark me...it may be editorials way out of Romy later on. "Oh they were messing with their heads, memories etc. Wasn't real, more doubts etc."

I hope hope hope I'm wrong. The wedding to top all other Marvel weddings should truly be Rogue and Gambit. Practically sell-out material whether you 'ship' them or not it will not be a book to miss were it to actually happen!

It would be sort of funny if the versions of Rogue and Gambit we are following are not actually the real versions of Rogue and Gambit but rather clones. And the real versions are locked up somewhere with all their memories intact.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Ongoing, CB.

So Say We All!

Love to see KT write more Xmen.

Astonishing Member

At least a part 2,

I can see why some people want a stronger apology/explanation, but I can also see how that could bog down the story and ironically, spending more time on it, would make it more 'important' than it should be for the explanation. Chalk it up to Mystique being a terrible parental and the subconscious mind f&$@&ry that would cause in her daughter, encourages by bad decisions and all.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    It would be sort of funny if the versions of Rogue and Gambit we are following are not actually the real versions of Rogue and Gambit but rather clones. And the real versions are locked up somewhere with all their memories intact.
    ...that @&## wouldn't be funny. Wasting all my @&##-#&# money. Very definition of pointless. But I would prove what my initial guess of what this book was made for to be true... And a colossal waste of my @&##&&# time.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Spectacular Member Kelly Thompson's Avatar

We've been following the REAL Rogue and Gambit all along. This is them.

Do not despair!

And while their memories are clearly being messed with, this is not "mind control" or "a dream" or "not real" as I see some people saying/speculating. It's all really happening. Just we'll have to see what it means for them at the end of the mini. It will carve a new path one way or another! ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Thompson View Post
    We've been following the REAL Rogue and Gambit all along. This is them.

Do not despair!

And while their memories are clearly being messed with, this is not "mind control" or "a dream" or "not real" as I see some people saying/speculating. It's all really happening. Just we'll have to see what it means for them at the end of the mini. It will carve a new path one way or another! ;D
    KT THANK YOU!!!! Can we get your thoughts on the Marvel Wedding? Why isn't it Gambit and Rogue? :C

EDIT: This is terrible of me, even though they are fake characters I shouldn't make light of Kitty and Piotr. I 100% support actual weddings in the Marvel Universe. Needs to happen more often.

Quote Originally Posted by maxhilary View Post
    Wouldn't it be better for new readers to learn the circumstances surrounding Romy's difficulties rather than vague references to them (talking specifically about the picking someone else bit)? It would illustrate why exactly there has been so much drama with the two that they need therapy. KT is 100% correct that an in-depth conversation hashing everything out in detail isn't really practical for comics these days, but it's still a shame.
    Think part of it is to encourage readers to go out and find those titles to read themselves. And then hopefully form their own opinions on the topic.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Whoa!!! Is this for real??? Because it's giving me hope and that's dangerous. LOL

Oh and I'm the guilty party that asked KT about Deathbit. I've been catching up on storyline for Rogue and Gambit because that whole Milligan story sent me packing after the bliss that was X-Treme X-Men, so then I was in and out for a LONG while, like years. But I WAS super surprised about Rogue's chill/friendly reaction to Gambit after he showed up in Australia since from her perspective he had left her to go to Apocalypse (though I think this was kind of sacrificing himself for her happiness after what Mystique said to him). Anyway, while I LOVED the harbor speech, from Rogue's perspective it was probably ill-timed - still not sure she could trust Gambit/feeling pain after Deathbit/Sinister, finally free to explore relationships and probably not looking for a commitment. And while I HATE, and I mean HATE, to admit it, there has always been a teased attraction between her and Mags. I think the Magneto thing was just her exploring those feelings, probably influenced more so by the Legacy memories, and Gambit even states to Frenzy he sent her to him on purpose to see him for who he is and get over those feelings. Maybe just bravado, but don't think so? But I see Remy still supporting her even after she goes to Mags and showing real, down to Earth love (like during the hunt for Legions's personalities when she is hurt and Mags is to cool to care). Honestly the Eric the Red thing was so odd and convoluted, even for Magneto. Would have made MORE sense if he did it just to hurt Rogue and Gambit, so he could get to her. But I still really really like Rogues explanation, even if it doesn't hit ALL the continuity perfectly

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Maybe there is no good way to explain the Rogneto thing. The problem will allways lie in how much hurt Magneto has inflicted on both Rogue and Gambit. Both on a global scale and a personal one. From Magnetos view it's pretty consistent. He could have feelings for Rogue since very little to contradict it has been established. Heck not much has been spent to confirm it either but that poses less of a problem.
    From Rogues view it just feels wrong. Even if she had earlier unexplored feelings for him in the savage land they later had several meetings where he not only let her down over and over again he also orchestrated one of her worst moments ever. A story that is integral to Rogue and therefore so much harder to ignore. There are also very few vindicating reasons for Magneto to pull her through the Antartica fiasco. He did it becasue Gambit is scum and she's happier without him? This was the best way he could envision to get that point across? Or she understands that he wanted to weaken the X-men to further his own impendent plans of ransoming the world. The hurting Gambit and Rogue was just a little bonus.

For me the speach about "being with somone else" doesn't move that elephant out of the room. That doesn't negate the fact that the speach is a welcome addition and good insight into Rogues mind. I just want this topic dealt with in a more definite manner. If not just so any future Mike Carey can't use it to further more Rogneto. But there will be future issues of comics to deal with that hopefully. Maybe even written by KT.

The Death thing is best left undealt with. It was just so stupid on so many levels that it feels out of place outside of Deadpool comics. They didn't even give him powers that tried to make it less of a bad joke.
    A Death-clone of Gambit in the fight would have been fun. That I would have been ok with =)
    If Magneto hurt Rogue so much, why is she loyal to him? The little Rogneto hate always has the wrong accountability for the whole thing. Magneto has saved Rogue certain death..if you really think her character is gonna magically turn against him forever, you have no clue about the Rogue character at all. Magneto fried the planet and Rogue wasn't even mad but no one talks about that. Magneto blackmailed the UN to take Genosha but Rogue didn't come to fight..she missed him instead. These are undeniable realities. It can't be dismissed over a fan servicing mini series catering to a select few.

And Magneto exposed Gambit for the obvious...to make sure the X men knew they couldn't trust their own...he made an example out of their naivete.
    Last edited by JasonEsta; 03-09-2018 at 11:02 PM.

BANNED

Honestly the Eric the Red thing was so odd and convoluted, even for Magneto. Would have made MORE sense if he did it just to hurt Rogue and Gambit, so he could get to her. But I still really really like Rogues explanation, even if it doesn't hit ALL the continuity perfectly
    When the Trial of Gambit preview came out in Wizard..it seemed like it was Mr. Sinister behind it. We had no idea that Joseph was a fake and Magneto was holding all the cards.