Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Dan has also opened up about why he never used Kraven in his run outside of flashbacks...it was to honor his own headcanon that Kraven never came back after Last Hunt!

https://www.cbr.com/dan-slott-kraven...ng-spider-man/
    Interesting.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, given how little of note Kraven has done since coming back, I guess I can't blame him .
    I've always felt Kraven should be portrayed far more competent and dangerous than he has been. If they had made him more like General Zaroff from [I]The Most Dangerous Game [I]- a pure hunter who lives only for the hunt while playing as an aristocrat, he would be an A-list villain instead of basically just a hired henchman. With all his jungle potions and such, he could have senses on par with Wolverine or Daredevil to utilize in his hunts. Insteand he just gets hired by the Green Goblin, some terrorist group or whoever..

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, given how little of note Kraven has done since coming back, I guess I can't blame him .
    I don't think he ever did anything really interesting before dying too, besides Last Hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey5640 View Post
    I've always felt Kraven should be portrayed far more competent and dangerous than he has been. If they had made him more like General Zaroff from [I]The Most Dangerous Game [I]- a pure hunter who lives only for the hunt while playing as an aristocrat, he would be an A-list villain instead of basically just a hired henchman. With all his jungle potions and such, he could have senses on par with Wolverine or Daredevil to utilize in his hunts. Insteand he just gets hired by the Green Goblin, some terrorist group or whoever..
    He's one of those villains who I felt like he was never threatening enough, made him less interesting to me to read.

I still don't really understand why they were so adamant on bringing back Kraven, I mean it's fine he's been acting silly in Squirrel Girl for years now and occasionally showing up to fight Scarlet Spider and Venom but what was the point? Grim Hunt was a fine story to bring him back, it was simply fine. Nothing has actually shown it's been worthwhile to bring him back after the incredible Kraven's Last Hunt. We already had 2 sons, a daughter, a wife, Calypso. Why not instead of bringing him back for no reason, instead try and focus on making Kraven's family interesting villains in their own rights? I don't wanna sound like I'm ranting, that's just a decision that still confuses me greatly.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    I still don't really understand why they were so adamant on bringing back Kraven, I mean it's fine he's been acting silly in Squirrel Girl for years now and occasionally showing up to fight Scarlet Spider and Venom but what was the point? Grim Hunt was a fine story to bring him back, it was simply fine. Nothing has actually shown it's been worthwhile to bring him back after the incredible Kraven's Last Hunt. We already had 2 sons, a daughter, a wife, Calypso. Why not instead of bringing him back for no reason, instead try and focus on making Kraven's family interesting villains in their own rights? I don't wanna sound like I'm ranting, that's just a decision that still confuses me greatly.
    Probably for the sake of nostalgia, (Whether or not it's a wanted one or not by the fans is irrelevant), it's why shit like OMD and characters reverting to previous characterization was done.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    That's actually a pretty good point. It's kind of like with Norman Osborn; for twenty-odd years, that villain was dead, but his legacy was constantly causing problems for Spider-Man, whether in the form of his own son (and Peter Parker's best friend) or a mysterious new villain called the Hobgoblin, making him out to be more impactful in death than he ever was in life. Same thing with Kraven, except instead of using his resurrection to reinvent him as a bigger threat to Spider-Man like Norman was, he just faded into the background, more or less.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That's actually a pretty good point. It's kind of like with Norman Osborn; for twenty-odd years, that villain was dead, but his legacy was constantly causing problems for Spider-Man, whether in the form of his own son (and Peter Parker's best friend) or a mysterious new villain called the Hobgoblin, making him out to be more impactful in death than he ever was in life. Same thing with Kraven, except instead of using his resurrection to reinvent him as a bigger threat to Spider-Man like Norman was, he just faded into the background, more or less.
    Yeah, they made it worthwhile with bringing Norman Osborn back. Right out of the gate his presence was once again felt all over in Peter's life only the threat was that he wasn't dead anymore and he was actively working to make Spidey's life terrible as Norman Osborn, then they did some interesting things with Norman realizing Peter should be his heir and tries to make him the Green Goblin, and some of my personal favorites are the Jenkins Goblin stories right after. His machinations were all over the Marvel Knights book, and then he got wider use in Thunderbolts and especially in Dark Reign. They've done so much with Norman Osborn to really make his return something that felt like it was needed because of the stories we got out of it. Whereas with Kraven it's like, can you really do anything after Kraven's Last Hunt for him?

Astonishing Member

Cool interview.
    Props to Dan Slott having such a great run of Spider-Man stories in Amazing Spider-Man.
    Dan Slott redefined Doctor Octopus as Spider-Man main villain again,because strangely Doc Ock had been absent for the main stories of Spider-Man before Dan Slott wrote him in Amazing Spider-Man.
    Sure he apeared in one or another story arc over the years after resurrecting,but that was very little to the importance that Spider-Man arch enemy should have in the stories.
    I say that Spider-Man have two main villains (Green Goblin and Doctor Octopus),but the true is before Amazing Spider-Man#600,Dock Ock have just been a ocasional villain in the Spidey stories.
    Interesting that Dan Slott could had not used more the Green Goblin in his run,one have to wonder what stories could have been told without this restriction from Marvel.
    But it seems that Dan Slott is making up to that by writing the curent story arc that will go into ASM:800.
    And last but not least i am very happy to know that Marcos Martin will be illustrating ASM:801,he is one of the best artist´s of comic books,and the stories he illustrated of Spider-Man have been great.