Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I think it's a case of "guess you had to be there." I think there is character/relationship development in the grand epics, and they have other stuff to keep our interest. Dick and Damian being the big relationship in Morrison's run, and it was done by tooling around with iconic dynamics that were established long before Nightwing. it's the original Robin being a new Batman and mentoring the radically different new Robin. Not much Dixon era stuff being referenced in it.
    That was a title that was also bolstered by Bryan Q. Miller's Batgirl, Nicieza and Yost's Red Robin, and Gail Simone's Birds of Prey, all of which stem from Chuck Dixon's contributions to the Bat-Mythos.

I also think some of Dick's personality as Batman stemmed from how Dixon developed the Nightwing persona under his pen.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I agree here as well. One of the things I loved pre flashpoint was the interactions Dick would have with Tim. I loved when they would appear in each other's books. If they do away with the team aspect of Detective, I would like for it to return to the Batfamily type of book showcasing all of them or small groups of them interacting with each other. (On a similar but side note, I really miss Barbara being part of that family.)
    Looking at these drawings, you wonder why there isn't a "Robins Four" ongoing book. It would sell like crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Looking at these drawings, you wonder why there isn't a "Robins Four" ongoing book. It would sell like crazy.
    But then you think of how the Robins are usually written when put together and you realize maybe it's for the best that there isn't a Robins book .

If he doesn't have Bludhaven to do streetlevel stories in, then he's gonna do them in Gotham, cause he IS a streetlevel crimefighter and detective. And in Gotham he's even more prone to being portrayed as Batman's subordinate then he already is.

Fantastic Member

I still find it funny that Grayson managed to let Dick do fun solo stuff...in the expense of his true personality. I yawned throughout Dixon Nightwing and dropped Devin's. Dick under Tim seeley In rebirth and Grayson is just Roy Harper, who was also an agent that one time and is literally Dicks opposite in character. Solo isn't his thing, he needs people to show he's different from his mentor.

And the "batman junior" complaint is funny too because that's what he is. He maybe more upbeat and extroverted but everything he knows is from Bruce and his personality as penned in all the definitive titans series is a lot like Bruce too. I don't think there was any Nightwing curse. It's changing Nightwing from "growing up with the titans" to "that one outfit he wore after he was fired" is the real sin.
    Last edited by nhienphan2808; 03-12-2018 at 07:49 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    But then you think of how the Robins are usually written when put together and you realize maybe it's for the best that there isn't a Robins book .
    This. And I'd also be torn because I buy anything with Dick, Jason, and Damian, but do my utmost to boycott All Things Tim.