Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

Default Films Better Than The Books

I read Mario Puzo's The Godfather, and I can honestly say Coppola's film was superior. Granted, Puzo did share scripting duties with Francis. But the film is a classic.

Ultimate Member

First three Bourne movies were better than the first couple of books, IMO.

Jaws was infinity better as a movie.

The Lord of the Rings books felt overly long and rambling taking forever to get anywhere and often rambling on for no particular reason.

BANNED

The Deathly Hallows

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post

The Lord of the Rings books felt overly long and rambling taking forever to get anywhere and often rambling on for no particular reason.
    I had the same feeling about the movie, but never about the book.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Logan's Run
    Forrest Gump
    M*A*S*H
    The Godfather I and II
    Mary Poppins
    Men In Black (based on comic book)
    The Shawshank Redemption
    The Witches of Eastwick

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    I had the same feeling about the movie, but never about the book.
    I agree it was overly long, but the book is perfect great read. I would say I enjoy Jurassic Park movie more then the book, but it is still a very good book. As mentioned above the Jaws movie is much better then the book. I also enjoyed Blade Runner more then I did the book, but once again like JP both are very good.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    The Lord of the Rings does take its time setting things up in the first half of Fellowship of the Ring, but once the Hobbits reach Rivendell, I find the books incredibly engrossing. The movies did an amazing job adapting the books, but its still not quite up to the same level as the books, imho.

The Deathly Hallows
    On the Harry Potter movies, "The Order of the Phoenix" was my least favorite book in the series, but it was my favorite movie of the franchise as it eliminated the rambling "I'm so angry" Harry portion that went on and on and on for nearly 200 pages, and the movie actually makes sense of the confusing mess of an action sequence that Rowling tried to write at the end of the book. Honestly, if it weren't for the fact that Rowling had created the best villain of the entire series in Dolores Umbridge in that book, I might have given up on the series.

Ah, Dolores Umbridge - a better description of every "I know what's better for you peons than you do" know-it-all government bureaucrat has never been penned.

The Devil's Advocate, 1997.

The order of the phoenix, i disliked the book but the movie turned to be surprisingly decent. And same with deathly hallows, part 1 and 2.

The Borrower Arrietty, 2010. The book is fine, very good children book but i really liked that movie.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    The Deathly Hallows
    Strongly disagree. Book was way better and much detailed. The movie completely butchered the ending.

The Shawshank Redemption is better than Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption. Which is amazing considering RHatSR is already great.

Do comic books count? If so, Wanted movie was way way better than the comic.

Most of the Disneyfied fairy tales. While I haven't read or watched all of them, the Disney versions sound much better, the originals sound pointlessly violent and f$%ked up.

Blade Runner.

10cyberneticchars

Astonishing Member

Lord of the Rings. I was sleeping through the books, but the movies are still great after watching them so many times.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Strongly disagree. Book was way better and much detailed. The movie completely butchered the ending.
    The book butchered the ending. The movie made sense of it. The quality of writing in this dropped so substantially that it put me of trying Rowling ever again, even though her earlier works had been among the best I'd ever read.

Twilight breaking dawn part 2 fixed a big problem with the final confrontation and have lee pace a great speech.

Scott pilgrim is so much better than the books.
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"