Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Never read the book, but I'd bet I end up agreeing.

I wonder what Trainspotting book readers think: book or movie?

I love the movie to death. Never read the book.
    I found an article about it. If you care to read.

https://www.avclub.com/book-vs-film-...men-1798213032

There's one thing i prefer towards the end in the film. (Spoilers for both book and the film).

spoilers:
    Llewyn's wife refuses to call the coin toss. (Though she might have later). That maybe one legitimate time when Anton felt disturbed. Lllewyn's wife did not give in to what he was calling chance. Scoring a rare defeat if we can call it a defeat. There's one interpretation that seeing the boys lending him a shirt without desiring anything in return, after seeing the spirit of her before he killed her, he considers what he is doing is perhaps wrong. If only for a moment. And i personally found her off-screen death more chilling then Lllewyn's. I knew he was going to die. (Watching a film years later means spoilers are around). But its such an effective scene when he checks that shoe. Its so blunt and cold because she pretty much becomes a non-entity apart from it being so cruel. I have also read somewhere that Chigurrh kills her by that 'gas cylinder thingy'. Though there is something which is different if true. She says something like i know now why the Sheriff was talking about that accident (with the cow) in that place. You remember that happened earlier in the film.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 03-14-2018 at 12:03 PM.

Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

Shaft was a far better movie than the Ernest Tidyman novel.

Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

Donn Pearce wrote the novel Cool Hand Luke. It's a fine piece of literature. But the film is a classic, and I have to say Paul Newman's performance alone elevates the movie above the book.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    I had the same feeling about the movie, but never about the book.
    I was young when the trilogy came out and I fell asleep in the theaters during the 2nd one. To this day I've never sat through an entire LoTR movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    The Wizard of Oz film starring Judy Garland is much better than the book.
    Not sure if agree on that, the movie's certainly good in it's own way but the book is some excellent historical political satire that the movie doesn't really have

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Not sure if agree on that, the movie's certainly good in it's own way but the book is some excellent historical political satire that the movie doesn't really have
    Agreed the Book had way more depth and meaning. But the movie is even more of a classic then the Book imo. A lot of people didn't even know it was a book, especially the youngins.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Sometimes They Come Back, the film starring Tim Matheson, is better than King's short story.

I really enjoy the movie, I think I even feel it's kinda underrated.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”